PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Find Lost Shelter Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345

bugtango's Avatarbugtango
ultra.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by sitten1115

I say support, as the biggest negative is no longer valid, since the red gigaremo no longer makes Pokemon run away. Add on priority for starters and perhaps fossil revived Pokemon too? I know I've found fossils in the shelter, and I've heard of people who found starters in it too. And megas if they go to the shelter. I've never heard of a shelter found mega so I don't know.
Agreeing with this. Also, what about adding something to any pokemon that is either: shiny, albino, melanestic, mega evolved, legendary, exclusive, and ditto. When clicking relaese, what about an extra pop-up that says something like this: 'WARNING! You are about to relase a (Shiny,legend, ect.) to the shelter! If you don't want to relse your beloved rarity, then do not relase!". But idk, just an idea. (And also sitten, I've found a few shelter found megas before xD)
shoubunny's Avatarshoubunny
ultra.pngd+.png
Good to see this idea was revived, was about to bump earlier. Anyways, since the Red Gigaremo is now ~buffed~ a bit (meaning Pokemon will only reach 0 happiness and not run away), I'd like to hear some new opinions. @Nyan-Cat12 While the idea of the warning could work out well, it'd be relatively annoying to see it pop up twice if you were to be mass releasing shinies, by chance (ex: Farmers who are about to retire may release all of their shinies, or if someone was just mass releasing their rare Pokemon to make one's day better.). I'd just compress it into something like this:

Warning

You are about to release this Pokemon into the shelter. This is your FINAL CONFIRMATION. *Be warned; you are about to release a shiny/albino/melan/mega/legendary Pokemon! Be completely sure about this before releasing.
present day present time b - any pronouns OK
Yuuki's AvatarYuuki
master.pngc.png
The message isn't a bad idea, but even when mass releasing, it shows shiny/albino/melan/mega status with the stars, so I don't really see the need. Legendaries can be seen by their icon, so it's not easy to accidentally release them. It even shows the items they're holding.
Shop Avatar creds: Manda
RailaRoxie's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRailaRoxie
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
I was looking through this thread and an idea that stood out to me was the "Release Lock" idea, and I like that a lot more than just making it easier to find shelter Pokemon so this way, your Pokemon don't get released in the first place. Either way, I fully support both ideas!

Raila / Sorrel | Early 20s

I do charm swaps/rentals for 30 gp/equiv @ shop or just send a trade!
Zen's AvatarZen
master.pngc.png
I'd just like to point out, releasing Pokemon has two pop-up notifications telling you that you're about to release Pokemon and quite a few people release Pokemon without ever reading those notifications, which is how a lot of "accidental" releases happen. So adding to the second notification wouldn't do anything, plus Sally would have to double check all the Pokemon you're trying to release to see if any are shiny, albino, melan, mega or a legendary.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Polagator's AvatarPolagator
ultra.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

I'd just like to point out, releasing Pokemon has two pop-up notifications telling you that you're about to release Pokemon and quite a few people release Pokemon without ever reading those notifications, which is how a lot of "accidental" releases happen. So adding to the second notification wouldn't do anything, plus Sally would have to double check all the Pokemon you're trying to release to see if any are shiny, albino, melan, mega or a legendary.
Zen has a good point, there's already two notifications. So if you released it, it's your fault. It may sound cruel, but there will not be 10 notifications just because you released a shiny/albino/melan. And if you did release it, just let someone else take it.

QUOTE originally posted by Galleon

No support, what if someone adopts it and they really like it, wouldn't that mean taking it away from them?
Another good point, you see a newbie finds their favorite shiny and they adopt it. But oops you have lots of GP so you take it away from them, just because you want to sell it instead of making someone's day. Be honest, you're not going to release a mega or a melan because their special and you put them into a field that you're never going to touch like a mega field. So really it's just you being careless instead of being organized.
648 ZC until my Beautiful Shiny Charm Box!
Wow I've got to start selling stuff...
Mystera's Avatarhypermode-12.pngv-rock.pngMystera
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnga+.png
There's no way something would be added to "steal" a Pokemon. If they adopted it first, then it'd be gone from the Shelter and a filter like this wouldn't show it. I'm not sure what you're talking about? I still don't see this being that big a problem, especially now that running away is gone. Your favorite Pokemon should be in a field you don't release out of. If you still somehow manage to mess it up, that's kinda your bad. Only way I could see it not being your fault is if some jerky little brother hijacked your account and released everything because you stole his action figure or something stupid like that. (For the record I'm an only child so idk how little brothers act)
SUNNELIØN's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSUNNELIØN
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngc.png
No support. If you release a dozen shiny whatevers, then it's on you for managing to get through all those pop-ups without realizing you're in your UFT Shinies field instead of hunt extras you don't want. I still cannot wrap my head around how people manage that anyways. The two tools aren't even close to eachother? And after reading through this whole thread, the other dozen technicalities (priority for starters/megas, s/a/m, the latter being debunked due to legendaries, then breeding came up, trade locks/release locks, stamps for a moment there, there's too many) this suggestion just feels so much more work and fine print than it's worth. Sure, it could be useful in a select few cases where you really manage to mess up big time, but if anything it'd be easier if there was something to stop me from Wonder Trading dex traded Pokemon out of habit. But that's off topic ;) And all that aside... Paying 300 GP for a 3-5 use item sounds like such a ripoff. I paid a little under double for that for the Black Flute, which is a permanent item. I'd prefer if it was a permanent item, or at least more than only 3-5 uses. As Mystera said, if she were to release her Solgaleo then it might take a few more than 3-5 refreshes to find it though all those Fennekin. Would this track all Pokemon ever released or would there be a time limit? Honest question there. Phew, okay, sorry for the huge post. TL;DR No support because too many strings attached.
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ground.png ☀ 2528
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

Perhaps a better way, one less likely to be abused, might be a way for us to account lock our own Pokémon, or perhaps an extra confirmation when releasing, like "one of the selected Pokémon is shiny/albino/melan/mega, are you sure you want to release?"
Support for this, rather than the OP.
dvanbeijnhem's Avatardvanbeijnhem
ultra.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Yuuki

The message isn't a bad idea, but even when mass releasing, it shows shiny/albino/melan/mega status with the stars, so I don't really see the need. Legendaries can be seen by their icon, so it's not easy to accidentally release them. It even shows the items they're holding.
I agree with this, how many warnings should we have in place? At some time you will have to draw a line and let it be the users responsibility.
BUYING AND SELLING GEMS, BOXES, SUMMONS, SHINIES AND MORE IN MY

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page