PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Find Lost Shelter Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345

shoubunny's Avatarshoubunny
Suggestion Title: Finding Lost Shelter Pokemon Suggestion Summary: Yeah, we've all been there- we lose our prized Pokemon in the shelter, just because we're feeling a bit iffy or tired. However, if we're quick enough, perhaps we could use a new item- perhaps called the Golden Gigaremo, showing Pokemon that you've released (No eggs!) for three to five refreshes, and then it'll break. Each Gigaremo would cost ~300GP, I'd say, if that sounds reasonable. Positive points: Helps people find their precious Pokemon that were accidentally released. Negative points: May stress the servers out, and could also be easily abused, in some sort of way. Reason For Consideration: A lot of people lose their Pokemon that they quite like every now and then, and often don't get it back- and may have difficulty getting it back from those who adopted it.
present day present time b - any pronouns OK
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
As nice as something like that might be for some but i have to say no support, if i remember right i think it was already stated sometime back that no new upgrades to the shelter would not be happening.
Credits go to heysoup for the cute Noibat icon they drew.
Actually, I believe Niet said no new upgrades would be happening until he fixed the deadlock in the shelter, which he has now done ^^ Also "it has been rejected before" is not a very good reason for not supporting, in my opinion. That being said, I'm on the fence with this. It would be nice to get our lost poke's back, but is this the best way to go about it? Perhaps a better way, one less likely to be abused, might be a way for us to account lock our own Pokémon, or perhaps an extra confirmation when releasing, like "one of the selected Pokémon is shiny/albino/melan/mega, are you sure you want to release?"
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Polagator's AvatarPolagator

QUOTE originally posted by Diancietherock

Suggestion Title: Finding Lost Shelter Pokemon Suggestion Summary: Yeah, we've all been there- we lose our prized Pokemon in the shelter, just because we're feeling a bit iffy or tired. However, if we're quick enough, perhaps we could use a new item- perhaps called the Golden Gigaremo, showing Pokemon that you've released (No eggs!) for three to five refreshes, and then it'll break. Each Gigaremo would cost ~300GP, I'd say, if that sounds reasonable. Positive points: Helps people find their precious Pokemon that were accidentally released. Negative points: May stress the servers out, and could also be easily abused, in some sort of way. Reason For Consideration: A lot of people lose their Pokemon that they quite like every now and then, and often don't get it back- and may have difficulty getting it back from those who adopted it.
I don't support either,if someone cared about their pokemon they give a link.Which allows them to take it back if someone else got it.Usually people are nice enough to give pokemon back since people care about the dex not training.
648 ZC until my Beautiful Shiny Charm Box!
Wow I've got to start selling stuff...
Mesprît's AvatarMesprît
no support, put them into a special field.
Hiya! Delta or Mesprit Sableye and Bulbasaur Enthusiast credit c:
Lørentius's AvatarLørentius
No support. I can never see how someone "accidently" releases a Pokémon. "What if they are mass moving Pokémon but end up releasing them?" The move button is nowhere near the release button. A way to check is by attempting to mass-select by clicking and dragging on the menu - mass move allows that, releasing does not. Another is by selecting the option to move/release it on the menu. If the list of your fields doesn't show up, you're using the wrong feature.

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

perhaps an extra confirmation when releasing, like "one of the selected Pokémon is shiny/albino/melan/mega, are you sure you want to release?"
There's already enough confirmation windows as is - there's no need to add more. You can already see if the Pokémon selected is a special one.
Lore/Lorentius | They/them Avatar by feshnie on dA | 58881 Nanabs
@ Lørentius I know someone who accidently released 22 albino popplio to the shelter... soo it DOES happen, we all have our dumb moments, and I see other threads asking for help looking for lost pokemon all the time. while it hasn't happened to me or you, it is fairly common :3
Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon
I have before clicked release instead of send in trade on mobile, and when you're half asleep you don't think about not hitting that confirm button. That's how I lost my shiny Keldeo. Now I'd love to support, but I can see it easily abused. Plus I don't think a cheap item 1w1ould be the way to go for it, even if it would break after several uses.
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
Mareep's AvatarMareep
I am kinda on the fence. I think it might be a nice thing to have in general. The problem I have with it is, what happens if someone else adopted your pokemon while you bought your golden Gigaremo? (Also I am pretty sure when you release eggs from the daycare, they get released not all at once, but within 15 minutes. I am not sure, if that's the case with Pokemon, but if so, that's another problem.) So let's say I accidently release a shiny, run to the shelter and buy a Gigaremo, use it and my Pokemon got either adopted already or is not even visible yet. Or what happens if I've released 500 Pokemon that day and when I search for my shiny only they show up? I can see angry users, who want their gp back, because they bought something, that 'did not work'.
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
shoubunny's Avatarshoubunny

QUOTE originally posted by Fives

I am kinda on the fence. I think it might be a nice thing to have in general. The problem I have with it is, what happens if someone else adopted your pokemon while you bought your golden Gigaremo? (Also I am pretty sure when you release eggs from the daycare, they get released not all at once, but within 15 minutes. I am not sure, if that's the case with Pokemon, but if so, that's another problem.) So let's say I accidently release a shiny, run to the shelter and buy a Gigaremo, use it and my Pokemon got either adopted already or is not even visible yet. Or what happens if I've released 500 Pokemon that day and when I search for my shiny only they show up? I can see angry users, who want their gp back, because they bought something, that 'did not work'.
Perhaps it could work like the Shiny Charm? For maybe a few bits of ZC, people could buy a "Generator" item to recharge their Gigaremo. EDIT: You could probably choose Special Pokemon priority, as well. Ex: Let's say we just released an Albino Diancie, which would really, really suck- so, we click on the gigaremo, and select it to have priority for seeking out Shinies/Albinos/Melans. Then, we could easily find that lost Diancie within 1-2 resets. Magic!

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page