PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Planned maintenance: Jan 23rd

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
On Jan 23rd, starting 11AM, the site will be offline for about an hour. To accompany the release of Fishing, a brief maintenance will be required to ensure all the pieces get put in place without issues. There are other updates happening behind the scenes too. Here's a summary of the updates, items in bold will be explained further below: - Implement Fishing - Block insecure images in user-generated content (http:// disallowed, only https:// allowed) - Add Facebook and Twitter icons to right-hand side of Timers bar - Implement "Pokémon Source tracking" - The "Champion" Rank and "SSS" Class will be added.
Fishing is a long-awaited feature, initially promised two... three years ago or so. Basically, a long time. But it's coming Monday afternoon! A new Nearby Place will be added, the "Fishing Hut". Here, you can buy an Old Rod for 5,000. With this, you will be able to go fishing! Supplies such as Bait and Fishing Balls can be purchased from the Fishing Hut too. You will initially have access to the River. Further locations can be unlocked as you progress. Each area has a different collection of Pokémon, although some Pokémon can be found in multiple areas. Once you choose an area in which to go fishing, you can cast your line into the water and wait to see if anything bites. If it does, reel it in! This will initiate a simple battle, similar to the Safari Zone in Generation I Pokémon games. You will have four options: Throw Ball, Throw Bait, Throw Rock, and Turn Loose. - Throw Ball should be fairly self-explanatory! If capture is successful, the Pokémon will be sent to the Fishing Hut for collection. - Throw Bait distracts the Pokémon with more food. This will make it less likely to flee, but slightly harder to catch. - Throw Rock is mean your basic attack. It will weaken the Pokémon, making it easier to catch, but it will also anger it making it more likely to run away. - Turn Loose returns the Pokémon to the water. The Old Rod is a good starting tool, but you will need to unlock and buy the Good Rod to really get going. (don't worry, you can buy it for !) Armed with the Good Rod, you'll be able to find rarer Pokémon. And that's about it for Fishing. I hope you'll enjoy it!
Pokémon Source Tracking is a new system. The unplanned maintenance we had earlier was to allow the Dev version of the site to test it out. With this, the system will no longer have to process the Pokémon's Timeline in order to figure out where it came from. It will instead have a flag right there in its data. This will, internally, replace the "transfer_lock" and "from_walker" etc. markers from the Pokémon data. Instead, there will be a single data point, with values such as SOURCE_PF1, SOURCE_WALKER and so on. Further sources exist, such as SOURCE_LAB, SOURCE_DAYCARE... This will greatly simplify certain systems. It also has an effect on a certain Tournament objective: Before: Adopt and hatch Eggs directly from your DayCare. After: Adopt and hatch Eggs bred in your DayCare. (Passing through the Shelter is fine, but it must be bred by you) Furthermore, the internal data point "OT" is coming back. It will be used to refer to - Who bred/first obtained it (Eggs) - Who hatched/first obtained it (Pokémon) This also simplifies several internal operations and should lead to a faster experience in certain areas. Note: This does not affect the "Trading for better DayCare compatibility" mechanic, which is remaining unchanged.
I think that's about everything. Thank you for your patience and I hope you'll enjoy the improvements.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
SaberStar2's AvatarSaberStar2
Cool! :o Can't wait, it sounds really fun :>
made by meikorn
Help me out? :) avie by me, button by Ultimate Fish
GS balls
Blizzardin's AvatarBlizzardin
The fishing sounds awesome! Can't wait ^^
Kiibo-kun's AvatarKiibo-kun
fishing? FISHING!
Edited by Dusky Peculiar
Icon from NDRV3 Manga, edited by me.
brèâd's Avatarbrèâd
is anyone else really glad a tournament can now be extended to eggs BRED by you and not have to go through a lot of gp/dcps to compete. i really appreciate it, honestly! fishing sounds cool too though!
bread * 27 * they/them I like calm pokemon! If you got some unwanted ones, I'd love to take them off your hands*! *If I need them Summon Collection to be inserted here.
Øddity's AvatarØddity
Ooooh, I can't wait to try out fishing n...n Omg TTuTT The tournament objective ♡ thank you so darn much, thats gonna save me a butt load of GP.
Steel Team: 0 Avatar Art by: Me :3 ©2020
Eneko's AvatarEneko
Yay! Fishing! I cannot wait! Hopefully the hour wait is worth it!
Noodle JournalNoodle Sprite FreebeEneko's Adoptables Meep Meep Meep This Skitty is a human also! A baseball player, a second baseman, from Tokyo, Japan. Messege me if you have a female cosmog for trade, I have a male cosmog to give away for Female.
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
you're right, throwing rocks is mean ;___; lol site was down during a really boring speech but worth it i guess~
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
Yukirona's AvatarYukirona

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Each area has a different collection of Pokémon, although some Pokémon can be found in multiple areas.
*cough*magikarp*cough* I always loved fishing in games. I can't wait to try it :D I will now spend my whole day changing all my images to https
Fireclaw the Zangoose
Sergor the shiny Zangoose
Anja the albino Zangoose
Shira the Skitty
NightmareWolf's AvatarNightmareWolf
question do we need to actually catch the pokemon in order to progress or can we just catch and release till we get the good rod?
Nightmarewolf
official mew sprites found on pokemondb.net my avi made by alexa 2d/3d

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page