PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A big thanks to you all!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Hi guys, I just wanted to take a moment to drop in a message and offer all the thanks I can manage. PFQ has been a much bigger project than I anticipated. Because PF1's development stretched over the four years of it being open, I never realised just how feature-filled it was until I tried to reproduce it here! So first of all I'd like to thank you for your patience. I've been overwhelmingly busy over the past few months, which has made it very difficult to get anything done. In spite of this, you keep on coming back and demonstrate your patience time and time again. I don't know what I did to deserve such wonderful users, but your continued patience in the face of slow updates is very reassuring. Next topic, money. Money has been incredibly tight lately. In fact, a few months back I had to pay for the servers with my own money instead of the money earned by PokéFarm, and that's on top of my own financial difficulties due to... well, things that I can't really discuss in a neutral manner. Needless to say, there was a bit of a struggle. But you probably didn't notice it. Why? Well, normally I would take the credit by sharing the news that due to some serious optimisation crunching I've been able to reduce PF1 from a dual-server setup to a single-server one, thus cutting our hosting costs by the cost of an entire server. But... while cutting costs is great and all, the costs themselves still need covering, and that is done by none other than our Hypermode users and everyone else who has bought Zophan Canisters to spend on other upgrades. You guys are awesome, and without your support PokéFarm would have died a long time ago. I hope you enjoy your Cookies, once I get a chance to program them! In the meantime, thank you so much! I would go on, but I have to get back to work before my boss comes back :p Just... keep on being awesome, all right? But also, if you have bought ZC and upgrades in the past and would consider buying more, please do let me know if you have a suggestion for some upgrade that could be bought. I'd like to offer you more opportunities to buy things reasonably, so feel free to suggest!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'm on my lunch break now so I can sneak in more thanks :p Thank you to everyone who has posted their Display Codes on other sites to get interactions. I'm planning on adding some features to give better motivation to share codes like this. More details to come in the future! Also, I have some ideas for being able to share stuff on Facebook. For example, the ability Ti share a Pokémon on your wall. Hatched a shiny? Tell all your Facebook friends about it with a quick and easy to share code. Maybe an option to select a particular item on the Pokémon's Timeline to feature. Stuff like that. Should be fun and help get more users to play the game with ;) But above all else, thank you again for your incredible patience!
RedCydranth's AvatarRedCydranth
I can only speak for myself, but I feel a lot of other users will share my sentiment when I say this: Thank YOU, Niet. We realize the constraints you work under and the difficulty of the coding you put together that makes up this amazing and fun game we're all overly addicted to. I personally have no problem in donating what money I can afford (like you I'm under some heavy financial strain) to keep this site afloat. The way I look at it, people have no problem dropping 50 bucks on a new X-Box, PS4 or 3DS game and only play it for 30-40 hours. I've been playing this game like 60 hours a week since February, so paying the small cost of hypermode and buying the occasional ZC is the least I can do. As for updates, I have complete faith in you and the staff. You all are an amazing group of people and I've had nothing but pleasant exchanges with each of you. I know this site is going to be getting even better as time goes on. Every time there's a new sprite unveiled or new feature, I'm always checking it out and loving it. So, on behalf of many of us users, I'd like to say Thank you, Niet. And you are welcome. It's a reflection of how great this site is, when you have a fanbase as determined and rabid about seeing it get better. I look forward to Fossil Digs, Fishing and whatever that Super Secret Feature is that you've been hinting at. My spine gets shivers just thinking about it! ~Red
Signature by Naiyala

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page