PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Gems based on ehp

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Lia's AvatarLia
yes, but what if the pokemon you like has a much higher exp needed to hatch. an example, my (failed) eevee hunt a while ago. i love shiny eevee, so i hunted it, even with the inconvience of it being harder to hatch. say i hatch 50 eggs in a day. that means i got 459,000 exp that day. now imagine my friend decides to hunt instead for skitty. they also hatch 50 eggs. since skitty only needs 4,080 exp to hatch, they only get 204,000 exp. see the difference there? thats more than double the exp collected, and they get the same number of gems.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

QUOTE originally posted by Lia

its entirely possible to obtain 340 gems in a day now
A quick look at your badges tells me you're not talking about yourself.

yes, but what if the pokemon you like has a much higher exp needed to hatch.
Then you lead up to it. You have badges, use them. Upgrade them first before committing to a difficult hunt. It's what many people do.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Lia's AvatarLia
i was not in fact talking about myself. :') im simply saying that if you were motivated enough to, you could. i do not in fact have the time, energy, or motivation to hatch that many eggs in a day :') and yes, most users work up to higher badges to be able to hunt higher exp pokemon, but just because thats how it happens now doesnt neccasarily mean that it must be that way As a general rule, if something is harder to achieve, it tendsto have a higher payoff. i simply noticed that thats not how the egg and gem system is on pfq. though, since my suggestion seems to just be getting negative feedback, i suppose it does need to be worked on. :)
Aly's AvatarAly
I actually find this idea highly fascinating, and I believe it boils down to two philosophical theories (though don't quote me on that, since I'm only repeating what I learned in eighth grade Ethics). Basically, it's about what you think about justice. Would you reward people based on the results alone or based on the effort it took them to get there. For example, imagine you want to build a roof and you hire two people to do the job for you. Person A is really burly and can lift heavy items easily, thus he can get the most done. Person B on the other hand is very scawny and is of little help when it comes to lifting items (I know they could help in other ways, but let's just pretend you really need physical work to get done). Now, how would you pay them (assuming no fixed price was agreed on before that)? If they both get the work done, do you pay both equally or do you pay Person B more money because you know they worked harder than A? Or if they both work equally hard but achieve different results, do you pay according to effort or to result? Now let's take our eggs: the current situation seeks to reward same results with same reward (I. e. One egg hatched = one gem acquired). Of course, it's not entirely decided like that, since users have different ways to make the egg hatching process easier (HM, Badges, Lucky Egg I think as well, and I guess Niet day?), but it's still looking like what I described initially. The questions now is: should we change it to a system that rewards effort instead of result? Since higher EXP eggs require more effort to hatch and should yield more rewards. I believe we should not, bcaue we are already rewarding effort. As I stated before, the user already has lots of ways to change the process, so not everyone would be rewarded equally for the same work. Someone with Hypermode and a high badge level needs way less clicks than someone who just started out to hatch the same egg. Should the newer user receive additional gems because they need to work harder? Short answer is no, since users with higher badge levels also work for their badges and Hypermodern users either buy theirs (again, working for the money) or trade for it by working for exchangeable goods. TL;DR: With all the current mechanisms of increasing EXP yield in place, the effort a high EXP egg needs can already be reduced. So while you shouldn't increase the rewards (by having higher EXP eggs yield more gems), you can lower the work you have to put in for the same results, which in my opinion is way better and more fair than what you are suggesting. So in short, I'm sorry, but no support from me either (though like I said, a very interesting idea you have there, one I hadn't thought of before c; ) Gosh I really hope what I'm rambling about makes any sense
Current Chain: 0s/52h My Shop - Box & Gem Hunts, Summons, S/A, Dexes
Sell me your Tidal Bells for 25 ZC, please!
Forum Avatar by Darkstar
venir's Avatarvenir
Originally I thought: What a great idea! But after reading through, I must agree. While it would help new users, it's also unfair because people with higher badges will get a lot more gems. However, I do have a suggestion. In my opinion, it's not all that great, but a suggestiong is a suggestion. Suggestion: Grant newbie users this ability- While they have the bulb icon, they can get this gem based on the percentage idea here:

all eggs >5,640 could get 1 gem, 5,641-10,000 could get 1 with a 50% chance to get an extra, and 10,000< could have a 100% chance to get 2.
it would be a nice way to help them start out in my opinion.
Please PM me regarding commissions, thanks!
By icymoon193 Avatar by venir It's not like I hoard adamant and brave natured pokemon or anything.
Angel Hope's AvatarAngel Hope
Reasons already stated. Plus... In my eyes, I think it's already pretty fair. You have to work for things. Yes, at first it may seem as unfair and challenging because you literally just started out but what's life without challenge? It's hard at the beginning but as you progress and earn badges, it's pretty easy to get gems since there's trading, market, gifting if people are nice, raffles, contests, exp share, and others. Just those alone can get you very far on your gem wishforge journey. Also, I don't think I have encountered with a site where they give you from a newbie rank to an expert rank the first few days of entering. To be honest, I don't think I've ever even met any kind of game like that. And I certainly don't want my favorite site to be turned into one of those 'cheap' site.
  • Trades
  • Links
  • Credits
Check out MY SHOP AND SERVICES(including hunts)!! 🍵Trading CS pets and items for PFQ. SELLING EVERYTHING I HAVE FOR CURRENCIES!!!
venir's Avatarvenir
You make a valid point, and I agree. I'm against the suggestion. The only pro to this is that you get to achieve badges faster. It's too easy to be taken advantage of, especially when niet and ravyne's bonuses are on.
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
No support for this (At first I saw the thread and thought, 'hey, wonderful idea!" then reading through I saw the fallbacks). My input is that yes, maybe an Eevee hunt takes more work, but once again, as was already stated, don't start the hunt until you have the stuff you need for it. You don't have to reward more in gems for tasks that can already be made easier, due ot the badges, and the daily tasks are already definitely boosting the gems we get, along with Ravyne and Niet days. Just hold off on it and prepare yourself so when you do put in the work necessary, the reward you get serves the purpose it was supposed to. Now, thinking on this, the idea of "When higher can be easily achieved, the reward fits" sounds like something that just might have been considered when the system was put in place. As much as I would like more gems, it would mess the system up and devalue gems, most likely. Just think, someone with the highest Ghost badge easily hunts Giratina and gets many gems per egg, in the system that's suggested. The balance of how many Ghost gems we would have would devalue as they would most likely make it into the trades system, and as long as the person had the necessary summons the value of Ghost gems would drop, considering how many high-yield eggs are being hatched (as long as they click a lot on the right day). And also, with that analogy, the amount of gems (with the current system) for someone of this level is the same (Well, similar) as someone with low badges hunting a low EXP Ghost type due to the fact that the quantity of hatched eggs goes up as you click more and certain counters are active. In summary, no support due to tipping the gem value system over :/
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 0
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
Methos's AvatarMethos
There are also certain high-EXP Pokémon that receive massive hatching bonuses under certain circumstances that would make several gem types worth almost nothing. :/
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page