PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Gems based on ehp

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected > Gems based on ehp >

Aly's AvatarAly
I actually find this idea highly fascinating, and I believe it boils down to two philosophical theories (though don't quote me on that, since I'm only repeating what I learned in eighth grade Ethics). Basically, it's about what you think about justice. Would you reward people based on the results alone or based on the effort it took them to get there. For example, imagine you want to build a roof and you hire two people to do the job for you. Person A is really burly and can lift heavy items easily, thus he can get the most done. Person B on the other hand is very scawny and is of little help when it comes to lifting items (I know they could help in other ways, but let's just pretend you really need physical work to get done). Now, how would you pay them (assuming no fixed price was agreed on before that)? If they both get the work done, do you pay both equally or do you pay Person B more money because you know they worked harder than A? Or if they both work equally hard but achieve different results, do you pay according to effort or to result? Now let's take our eggs: the current situation seeks to reward same results with same reward (I. e. One egg hatched = one gem acquired). Of course, it's not entirely decided like that, since users have different ways to make the egg hatching process easier (HM, Badges, Lucky Egg I think as well, and I guess Niet day?), but it's still looking like what I described initially. The questions now is: should we change it to a system that rewards effort instead of result? Since higher EXP eggs require more effort to hatch and should yield more rewards. I believe we should not, bcaue we are already rewarding effort. As I stated before, the user already has lots of ways to change the process, so not everyone would be rewarded equally for the same work. Someone with Hypermode and a high badge level needs way less clicks than someone who just started out to hatch the same egg. Should the newer user receive additional gems because they need to work harder? Short answer is no, since users with higher badge levels also work for their badges and Hypermodern users either buy theirs (again, working for the money) or trade for it by working for exchangeable goods. TL;DR: With all the current mechanisms of increasing EXP yield in place, the effort a high EXP egg needs can already be reduced. So while you shouldn't increase the rewards (by having higher EXP eggs yield more gems), you can lower the work you have to put in for the same results, which in my opinion is way better and more fair than what you are suggesting. So in short, I'm sorry, but no support from me either (though like I said, a very interesting idea you have there, one I hadn't thought of before c; ) Gosh I really hope what I'm rambling about makes any sense

This post contains one or more BBCode Errors and cannot be displayed properly.

Error: Pokémon "Missingno." not found on line 1

If this is your post, please edit it to correct these errors. For now, the post will be shown raw, with no BBCode processing.

[center][pkmn=Missingno. (S)] Current Chain: [number][math][inventory=ShinyShiny][/math][/number]s/[number][inventory=ShinyChain][/number]h [pkmn=Missingno. (S)] [url=https://pfq.link/~p39Z]My Shop - Box & Gem Hunts, Summons, S/A, Dexes[/url] [progress="[inventory=Tidal Bell]/500"][item=Tidal Bell] Sell me your Tidal Bells for 25 ZC, please! [item=Tidal Bell][/progress] [url=https://pokefarm.com/upload/:xz/Proof_avi.jpg]Forum Avatar by Darkstar[/url][/center]
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page