PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

VGC Battling

Forum Index > Pokémon > Misc. Pokémon >

Pages: 12345

mick915's Avatarmick915
I think the speed control is what I'm missing for sure. Chien pao is pretty fast, it usually outspeeds most stuff besides prankster mons, and stellar on it just helps cause I have 3 different types of moves on there so each one I use gets the boost. Honestly though I never tera it cause it gets 2 shot 99% of the time with me having sash (its really frail). This is the main mon I've been thinking about switching out. Torkoal is honestly there to set the sun, an it actually really powerful specially (even more with charcoal and tera fire). The sun sets up gouging fire and raging bolt so I can run other items on them and get their boosts. It does help a lot when trick room is used by the other team along with ammongus. Amoongus is pretty self explanatory. Spore, protect, rage powder for move redirection, and pollen puff for healing to teammate or damage on psychic mons. Also very slow, works well to spore in trick room settings. Rocky helmet is a good item, and water tera to take away weaknesses. Ogrepon is just good all around and even better with the tera to straight fire and the attack boost. Spiky shield for protect, ivy cudgel for big damage, horn leech for good damage for the pesky ground and water mons (especially ursaluna and rapid strike urshifu). Follow me for redirection but i could possibly change that out for something else, maybe more damage. Raging bolt is a really good special attacker. Not super fast, but that can be decent in trick room situations. I have leftovers on it to get health back, and tera fairy to take away that weakness and immune to dragon now too. I run discharge to hit both mons on other side (usually paired with a portect mon), calm mind if I can play it right for boosts, protect for no damage and heal from lefties, and dragon pulse for strong damage to everything but fairy. Gouging fire is a good physical and semi fast mon, pretty bulky especially with assault vest. I have it tera grass with tera blast to help with the water/ground mons. lava plume for big damage to both mons (pair with protect). dragon claw for good damaage and iron head for fairy mons and possible flinches if I'm faster. I like this mon, but could swap it if I see potential in something else as well Haha I don't mind doing the descriptions (it helps me look back at everything on them too) sorry it took a little bit though, was playing some games with some buddies.
Collecting Cobalt Epee's for my first legendary hunt! Also collecting Terracotta Epees! 18zc per epee
x 247 / 1000
x 103 / 1000
Glacierwing's AvatarGlacierwing
So rn you're unsure about both Chien-Pao and Gouging Fire. Ok, the chien's tera... In singles I prefer Ice for boosted Icicle Crash and ice shard, but doubles prefers something like ghost? Ehh idk on this one. Try Ogrepon-Wellspring maybe? You already have 3 fire-types and water immunity is always nice. But then u miss out on explosive power and already have enough water resists... Helps against rock/ground maybe. And u mentioned doing a lot of damage with lava plume with gouging. You're Adamant. I'd assumed you were using it for the burn chance, but lava plume on an adamant mon... Isn't doing a lot. No complaints, burn is very nice. If you want damage tho Heat crash is the way to go. The Torkoal set, I see where ur going now. Your team does not do well against Indeedee/armarouge. The torkoal does help, but it isn't exactly the most specially defensive mon. It's just too slow outside of tr tho, and earth power is just a 2hko on arma anyway, while its and indeedees expanding forces kill for sure. While eruption at full power does ko indeedee, good luck keeping it at full hp until trick room comes up. And heat wave over flamethrower. Unless you're that paranoid over missing. I honestly dont know how I'm gonna fix speed control, that really isn't a thing in singles apart from sticky web and the occasional trick room team, but your team doesn't fit TR or tailwind. It's a mix of too fast and too slow...

Glacier | She/They | Minor

Art Shop Free art The As One Experiment RPcredits

credits

Code @ RAINB0W Forum Icon @ LilypadLife Signature Pagedoll Image and Divider @ me
Type Race Score: 0
mick915's Avatarmick915
Yeah mainly Chien pao, but I mean I'd be down to doa semi team change up if it'll help me out you know haha Wellspring would probably work, better special def that way too if tera'd but yeah i have decent water resists (but depending on what all I cahnge, this may happen) I'm gonna be completely honest, I didn't even realize that with lava plume (being special, not physical) lol. Heat crash could be good depending on who its againstbut what would you think of raging fury? 120 base power, 100% accurate, I would be stuck into it and confused after its done but I can just swap out and get rid of confusion Yeah, thats my number one weakness for sure (followed by Lando/Tornadus weather teams). If i do a semi team change, this would be another change to make so I could get some kind of other weather/speed control for sure. I have considered rapid strike urshifu (water one), good strong option and its ability is broken being able to go through protects. I definitely want to keep Raging Bolt, Amoongus, and Ogrepon(maybe just change the mask like you said) for sure. The only other bad thing is I need to make the change very soon cause I'll have to make sure I can get the changhes made on my copy of Scarlet haha I really appreciate you helping me out and talking through with it!
Np! But after some testing, I realized I am completely incompetant and should not be giving you advice. Considering I have not played a single game of VGC in my life. I ended up just clicking rage powder/follow me every single time because the opponent had chien-pao down to its sash and I was super scared of losing it. Doubles will take some time to get used to. The picking 4 Pokemon to fight will take time getting used to. And using a team I didn't build doesn't help either. I can help with the theory based on general competitive knowledge, but I think I'll do some VGC games on my own with my own team before giving any more advice.
mick915's Avatarmick915
Haha you're good, no worrioes at all! I'm still pretty new to actually competing and such so this has been a big learning experience for me! I did a lot of thinking/note taking/strategizing at work tonight and came up with a new team with two different options! I'm going to make them on showdown and then I'll list it below! I'm ready to try this new one out, I tried to get a little bit of everything Definitely the only picking 4 can be very hard and strategic. I also just finished watching the Vancouver top 8 and there were some really good matches and plays in them!

New team

Corviknight (M) @ Sitrus Berry Ability: Mirror Armor Level: 50 Tera Type: Flying EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD Careful Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Iron Defense - Body Press - Tailwind - Roost Raging Bolt @ Leftovers Ability: Protosynthesis Level: 50 Tera Type: Fairy EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest Nature - Protect - Discharge - Dragon Pulse - Calm Mind Amoonguss (M) @ Rocky Helmet Ability: Regenerator Level: 50 Tera Type: Water EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD Sassy Nature - Protect - Pollen Puff - Spore - Rage Powder Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Assault Vest Ability: Unseen Fist Level: 50 Tera Type: Water EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly Nature - Aqua Jet - U-turn - Close Combat - Surging Strikes Ogerpon-Hearthflame (F) @ Hearthflame Mask Ability: Mold Breaker Level: 50 Tera Type: Fire EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly Nature - Ivy Cudgel - Horn Leech - Spiky Shield - Follow Me Landorus @ Life Orb Ability: Sheer Force Level: 50 Tera Type: Poison EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Sludge Bomb - Earth Power - Substitute - Protect
My only issues is finding a good item for corviknight and deciding for sure if I wanna run roost or iron head for steel damage (fairy coverage). and deciding on fire or water ogrepon haha
Roost is mandatory if you're using corv, it's meant to be a wall and so needs recovery to avoid getting worn down. This does leave it walled by ghosts, but you definitely want Roost. Also you do realize it gets iron defense right? If you're running Body press, iron defense boosts it more while increasing survivability. This combination even has a name, it's called IronPress if u care :3 Wacan berry looks fine, corv usually uses leftovers in singles but in doubles the tiny recovery and short games makes it less good. Maybe sitrus would work? Assault Vest urshifu-rapid looked odd to me at first, but I looked it up and it does look kinda good! With AV, specs flutter mane moonblast is a 3hko compared to the 2hko without. The team overall looks more offensive than before, especially with the new Tailwind support. Odd one out's Amoonguss, which my singles-obsessed mindset immediately screamed 'momentum sink, should not be on offense!!' at, but if there's one thing I know about doubles, it's that redirection is amazing. So idk what else to change, only advice is to get out there and test. A LOT.
mick915's Avatarmick915
Okay gotcha! I'll swap to iron defense, as I was planning to run bulk up in the case of using iron head for the steel damage. Sitrus would work too, thanks! I was gonna use lefties, but I find it to be more important on my raging bolt so it's staying on it haha I only went AV cause I didn't want to go Choice Scarf, cause I mean I'd rather have the extra sp def with Urshifu already being semi fast I can't give up my amooongus haha, the redirect and spore is just too good in most situations. I'm defintely going to be testing a lot tonight after work and then this weekend since I have a 3 day!
Dont worry I'm not telling you to give up ur amoonguss, I know it's a really good mon. I was in the middle of building a hyper-offense team (that has no defensive mons whatsoever) and was distracted by that. So uh yeah, go test and stuff. I can battle you once I get a team and familiarize myself with the format.
mick915's Avatarmick915
Sounds good, just let me know whenever! And if you need any help as well, feel feee to ask! I don't mind!
Hey, youre currently online right? You open for a battle? I just made a really random screens team that needs a LOT of testing. (you'll probably win) Also I want to see how ur team's coming along!

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page