PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Server performance and desyncs

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 567891011

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Nøødles

The first mod I dealt with was fine, 2nd mods attitude was terrible but at no point did I come across as hostile, I asked for an apology, I didn't want compensation? (An apology for inconvience isn't the same as sorry being falsely acused, being wrong or being spoken down to) Your responce as well, hostile no? It just reinforces the rhetoric the staff and mods are unable to talk to users in a decent manner.
If you genuinely believe that the responses you received were "terrible" then I'm afraid there is no amount of discussion that will resolve this to your satisfaction. Terabbit's responses to you were exemplary, clearly explaining what happened, why you were caught in the banwave, how to avoid it in future, and included an apology and compensation. Then making sure you were aware of the public update that had been made, elaborating further on the causes of the issue, and so on. In any event, your support ticket has been forwarded to Garthic for further review. As a general reminder, if anyone has any issue with staff, Garthic is the person to complain to. Posting publicly will not end well.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Quarteuchre's AvatarQuarteuchre
arceus.pngd.png
i’m very happy that the lag is being fixed, considering that i was in the parade square of my school where internet is a little spotty and the site was running somewhat okay for me during reset! glad to hear forums wont be nuked at all, but if certain limits have to be imposed, if it’s still reasonable, i’m all for it :D thanks for the quick work on the problem! just thought i’d put a bit of thought i have about the situation.

quartz | any pronouns | minor

resident pan living in the kitchen
journal ≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫credits

credits

code @RAINB0W forum icon @me signature pagedoll @glitch on twitter [f2u] pixel divider @racbuc2436 on wordpress [f2u]
type race score; fairy.png 0
KrysJoy's AvatarKrysJoy
arceus.pnge.png
While I do feel sorry for anyone who was caught in the banwave erroneously, attacking the devs and mods is in no way going to help ANYONE. They're doing the best they can with the system they have, and they actually listen to players and care how we feel about this completely free site, which has to be painfully hard when they're being told they're hostile, horrible failures for working within the boundaries of reality. I haven't been here long, but I've seen the sense of community they've painstakingly fostered and the kindness so many players extend toward one another. This is, I hope, a gentle reminder that, regardless of their titles, those working on this site are all players too, people deserving kindness and grace. They're human, and fallible, but are in no way trying to make excuses for failures in the system. Instead, they're being transparent and level-headed, right up until someone gets rude. Considering I work in customer service, and can guess at some of what they're dealing with behind the scenes, I don't blame them for being frustrated. We aren't entitled to this site, or to the time and energy they put into it. Please, everyone, be kind.
Mikkü's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMikkü
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
Oof I just had rus and it was particularly laggy, the shelter was really slow and the lab was even slower. But as soon as the rus was over I no longer had any lag, something to look into possibly? Unsure if others have had a similar experience - they loaded enough for me to get adopts but it was a bit slow on the loading times so I feel it could be improved just slightly somehow if something is causing issues during rus somehow (Sorry if this has been brought up already, haven't read through the responses!)
------------------- pechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.pngpechaberry.png -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
We'll look in to it, Mikku, thank you for letting us know. While I do think that what Niet said could've been done so in a more... Appropriate manner, for want of a better phrase. I do agree that we have the right to defend ourselves should someone be 'nasty' and then make a public show of it. Something we should probably utilise more often but typically don't, admittedly. The problem here is that I'm looking at the situation and I'm not seeing any need or use for it as the user in question was not saying anything that warranted the phrasing, "But you haven't seen the things they said to my team, who were doing their best to help..." As though something heinous was being said. There was frustration, yes, but all that was wanted was a direct apology - not consistent reasoning and explanations. While an apology was offered, it wasn't direct, and it was covered with a little compensation for the trouble as well. I feel that all would've been fine there had it been presented as desired, but that mark was missed. We have to deal with some rudeness and/or hostility, sure, and we have dealt with those situations - as far as I know, no further action has been taken due to anything that was said - it was just resolved. I just wanted to pop in and say this for the sake of a little transparency and accountability as I have been dealing with some of this with the staff team myself.
Kyubiisaan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKyubiisaan
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc+.png
"• The "Clickback" and "Open 10" links will now disable themselves and show a "Loading..." text when clicked. This will prevent issues involving certain QoL/CSS codes that pull it in to your "no mouse move clicking" script area, as no matter how many times you click them, it will only cause one load." You have no idea how much that was bothering me LOL thanks
"It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love each other and support each other. We have nothing to lose but our chains." - Assata Shakur
Deadlock21's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDeadlock21
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png
I dont think its fair to attack staff either. They are doing a great job, a hand full of Staff for how many hundreds of people? Its a stessy time, they are working on problems while also implementing QOL changes and making the expeirence better basically for free. People, especially in Text form, can come off as rude and then get defensive.
He/him 30 German Second/Third Field Shiny/Albino Free for newbies :) See my Shop https://pfq.link/~V2z1 for Summons and Dexing If you ever happen to send me a shiny/albino for my endstage living Dex, please make sure to give it a NAME and if you wish, a description, so I can love it as equally as you do :)
Neonyan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNeonyan
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

Would it be possible to try using a form of lazyloading for forum post images? I feel like that’s a better solution logistically for handling server load on images from forum posts, but it’s entirely possible with how your code is set up that lazyloading wouldn’t be feasible. just wanted to throw it out there and see
glad this helped xD

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

Would it be possible to try using a form of lazyloading for forum post images? I feel like that’s a better solution logistically for handling server load on images from forum posts, but it’s entirely possible with how your code is set up that lazyloading wouldn’t be feasible. just wanted to throw it out there and see
glad this helped xD
Yup XD I had no idea that an HTML attribute for it existed, nor how powerful it was! I'll be using it a lot from now on.
SeshieLover's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSeshieLover
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I would like to say thank you to staff for doing your best to make this site run better and dealing with all of us here on site. I would also like to say that i don't think anyone should be scared to play the game how they play. If you get caught up in a miss placed ban hammer like this and really haven't done anything wrong then all that is needed is for you to talk to staff and explain what you were doing. I myself at one point got scared that staff might think i started botting or something on my account and i would need to take the time to explain that i wasn't. my interactions used to adverage 20k ish with 40k being a spike then i finaly found how to use the one button css and i hit over 100k easly the next day (thank you to the geinus who made it it's a finger saver). i was thinking this massive jump in my activety might trigger something but it hasn't. What i am saying is don't be afraid to play the same as always because you might get locked and need to talk to staff. only those who are really cheating need to be worried. If i had been one caught in this mess, once staff explained to me i would have been understanding and i would know what not to do anymore. would i find it inconvenient yes but i would rather be a little inconvenienced then for the staff to do nothing and this issue of lag gets worse. to me the lag at reset all the time is way more inconvenient then the one time i would need to talk to staff about what i am doing being part of the probablem. Thank you again staff for all you do and try to do to keep this site running. Question for niet or staff. the pokemon link img in journals is one of the lag reasons from my understanding here. i have been working on a living dex in my journal with img links would it still cause the lag if instead of the pokemon img link i would to use the [url=pokemon page link here][pkmn=pichu][/url] ? basicly i would use the little sprit with a link instead of the img with the link. if this wouldn't cause the same type of lag i wonder if it could be made a link opption next to the other link opptions on the pokemons page? guess that's two questions sorry.
My type racenormal.png791. My trade thread can be found here
summon_sui.png × 154 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14

Pages: 123··· 567891011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page