PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Tattoos

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

PanPan12's AvatarPanPan12
It would be cool to add tattoos to pokemon, like on Ovipets. Basically you place an image somewhere on a pokemon and that's it. Tattoos can be applied to some pokemon but not all because some pokemon like Staryu don't look like tattoos can be applied to them. EDIT: Pokemon sprites are pretty small, so I think tattoos could be drawn onsite on a pokemon, instead.
PFP is my art of my OC named Candycanebox.

Achievement Pokemon to click!

This is my first albino that I got from a trade.
Lv. 15 — 171 / 902
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireRock
Happiness 27%
Brave nature
Eggy's AvatarEggy
I can't support this, for multiple reasons.
  • Pokemon sprites are pretty small. It would be hard to fit tattoos onto them, especially if a Pokemon is detailed. A tattoo would have to be very small so it might not even be noticeable.
  • Tattoos would most likely have to be moderated - it's entirely possible for someone to sneak in inappropriate content via tattoos, for example. In short, I believe something like this would open up a door to rule-breaking in various ways.
  • The dress-up feature exists. It's not the same as tattoos, but what it does allow you is add accessories to a Pokemon and even enter it in dress-up contests. You can even make really stunning designs with this feature.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
1. It could be drawn onsite, then. 2. Yeah, I know right. 3. I know and tattoos would be accessories for pokemon.
Eggy's AvatarEggy
I think you missed the point for 1. I was trying to make. Where you draw it makes no difference - Pokemon sprites are up to around 99x99 pixels in size at most, and many are smaller than that. What this means is that this doesn't leave much space to actually draw a tattoo onto the Pokemon, especially if the sprite is detailed or very very small; something like Jigglypuff has some space in the form of flat color, while a Pokemon like Archeops has a handful of details to account for. Though it's still possible to make things even on a small scale, I don't think it can work out that well for Pokemon sprites.
Xygallix's AvatarXygallix
Honestly... I can't imagine them working. If we take your fennekin as an example, the largest gap I can find is literally 7 by 4 pixels and it's on his forehead... Not too sure that's a good site for a tattoo, let alone an appropriate one. Plus, what happens when fennekin evolves? A tattoo on the side wouldn't be anywhere near fully visible on a delphox (for example). Another question would be how it's decided which pokemon can/can't be tattooed. You suggest no tattoos for staryu but at least they'd be visible on a staryu. A tattoo on a fennekin would be hidden under the fur. Same with a tattoo on a pidgey, which would be invisible under feathers anyway. On top of that, each and every tattoo would need to be customised to every single pokemon it could be used for (otherwise it'd look off when it wasn't following the contours of the body) and that seems... like an excessive amount of work for the art team. I mean, I'm no artist but personally I'd prefer to see their time used a bit more wisely. That is 100% a me thing though, I just... would massively prefer the already planned artwork (like new pokemon) than tattoos for existing pokemon.
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!
For all the reasons above, no support from me either :/ This seems to me like something that could already be achieved replacing the default sprite of the Pokémon you want tattoed, using css ("Replace a Pokémon's Image" section here)
  • Me
  • Hunting
  • Links
✦ Critter ✦ he/they ✦ 21+ yo ✦ +1 server time
Avatar made by me. For my use only, don't share outside PFQ. PM or here to commission one. ☆ Bait made by me. PM if you want to use, don't share outside PFQ.
x1/x0/x1 April TR:
☆ Go to my shop for BOGO50% specials!
waffel's Avatarwaffel
No support. Honestly, why would you even want a tattooed Pokemon? Tattoos will probably take lots and lots of moderation, and it's unnecessary anyway. It would also make preparing for a contest so easy. Like Xygallix said (sorry if I spelled it wrong), it would seriously be asking a great deal from the graphics team, who have far more than enough to do on their hands already.

display

Lv. 3 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness 27%
Brave nature

TR

Score: 0

credit

most code by me; TR by LyanKai; Avatar
D.MC's AvatarD.MC
NO support for reasons stated before. Idk if I should even mention the fact that little kids who play on here would think tattoos on animals would be an ok thing to do. Which its not. We have the dress up hall, its basically what you want.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
skypony101's Avatarskypony101
No support. I definitely see tattooing animals as wrong (yes even if they're just pokemon) and it's honestly just unnecessary. In addition to the sprite size, why would it be useful to the site? The only reason I can think of is very minor customization, which really isn't a good/big enough reason to add the feature. However It's techncially possible to give pokemon "tattoos" in the dress up page if you use the right items, but as someone above stated you can also just change the pokemon image in css, or you can just insert an image you made and make it a click able link, and you could also even change the image on a pokemon panel. I did this with my pokemon "very large grape"
Lv. 100 — +16,064,719
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
WaterFlying
Happiness 27%
Docile nature
A random thing that I was considering while thinking of my critiques was the fact that most people have way too many pokemon to count, and it would be so much easier to lose a "tattoo'd" pokemon in your fields without a symbol. I think having the site somehow show where on the mon the tattoo is would be pretty challenging as well, especially considering that it would most likely only be represented by a black dot because you cannot get that level of detail on the standard sprites (not taking into account that a LOT of pokemon have fur and the tattoo would be covered anyways) In the end, I don't think it's a good implementable feature, mostly because you sorta already can do it since you are free to edit the sprites or create your own art (with permission if needed) and use code to show your version, even if the actual pokemon page stays the same
my avatar is a picture of my dog Tika, taken my me :) check out my dexing service! *
image made by me. shiny, albino, mega, and totem sticker from PFQ
"No support. I definitely see tattooing animals as wrong (yes even if they're just pokemon) and it's honestly just unnecessary. In addition to the sprite size, why would it be useful to the site? The only reason I can think of is very minor customization, which really isn't a good/big enough reason to add the feature. However It's techncially possible to give pokemon "tattoos" in the dress up page if you use the right items, but as someone above stated you can also just change the pokemon image in css, or you can just insert an image you made and make it a click able link, and you could also even change the image on a pokemon panel. I did this with my pokemon "very large grape" Got it. I don't want this feature anymore.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page