PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

(NEEDS MOVING) rework trading in type race threads

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123

Mio Xenoblade's AvatarMio Xenoblade
after the outcry from this recent news post, it seems clear that the current type race rules are either not specific enough or need to be reworked completely. as a host i really hate having to report people for this, as i'm not entirely sure what is and isn't considered rule breaking a lot of the time, and it seems so pointless. i had to contact a mod about this at once point. this is long, but please read everything that i have to say.

current type race trading rules

Rule 4: No sales or unrelated trades A Type Race Discussion thread is not a substitute for a Trades forum thread, and it is poor sportspersonship to try to make a profit off of your teammates. Do not conduct trades in your Type Race thread except for lending/borrowing breeding pairs or Shelter Passes. If you wish to give away free Shiny/Albino Pokemon to members of your team, you may offer this once in your Type Race thread, and teammates who take you up on your offer must send you a PM instead of posting in the thread. If you want to give a special deal or discount for team members, do so in a Trades thread or Trade Shop. Should you want to advertise such a deal, do so in your About Me, Trainer Card, or Forum Signature.

my original post (READ BEFORE CONTINUING)

QUOTE originally posted by Mio Xenoblade

just gonna throw my two cents into the ring here as a host - i think the trade rule needs to be reworded, even if you just remove the word "unrelated" from the title or add some extra clarification. there are a lot of arguments to be made for what should and shouldn't be allowed as a "related" trade. for example, why is asking to buy type-matching summon items one time considered unrelated, even if people have to pm to take that offer up? not selling them to other players? i made this mistake due to thinking that summons wouldn't count as an unrelated trade. obviously things like gems, rte mons, shiny charms etc do not benefit the team as a whole - only one person - so i see why they're disallowed. but summons help the team as a whole get more points. as skiddo said, things like egg supplier passes, and other things like the red gigaremo, help the team as a whole get more points. i'm also the type of person that needs everything spelled out exactly for me or i will make mistakes like this and i'm sure i'm not the only one. even if these things are not planned on being allowed, making a definitive list of what is and isn't allowed in a hidebox in the main type race rules thread might be a good idea.
essentially what i and what i'm sure many other players would like to see is less restrictive trade rules. disallowing trading of any sort aside from loaning of pairs and shelter passes is honestly against the spirit of type race. we're supposed to come together as a community and help each other out to get to the team goal. completely disallowing so many trades goes against that message. allowing supplier passes to be traded and borrowed, red gigaremos to be borrowed, summon collectors to post that they're looking to buy type-matching summons, helping newbies out by buying them resources - all of these things help the team as a whole earn more points as more eggs can be hatched - exactly what type race is all about. coming together to earn points. even if other team members have to pm whoever is asking for these things to get them, i don't understand why they can't ask in the team thread. having it hosted here rather than in the trade forums also allows the host of the team to keep up with what is being traded. why are trades considered spam and clutter, but posts of every single special people hatch aren't? many users have expressed frustration with this. if the pokefarm team is really that set on disallowing trades that aren't shelter passes and already established pairs, the current rules should have a definitive list of what is and isn't allowed, as myself and many other people have made mistakes simply from misunderstanding what was presented to them. the use of the word "unrelated" muddies the water a lot here, as i said in my original post. i'll finish this post with my list of what could and couldnt be allowed in the threads.

what COULD be allowed in a type race thread

> supplier pass lending - allows people to order more eggs to hatch, therefore giving them more points and helping the team. for more info about that specifically, see skiddo's suggestion. > red gigaremo lending - allows exclusive hunters especially, but anyone breeding, to breed and hatch more eggs, once again getting them more points. > players asking to buy TYPE-MATCHING summon items - some players may not have the time to use these, and it would be much better to sell them to another player who will, once again getting the team more points. this doesn't apply for general summon buying, however. people shouldn't be asking for sea crowns in a team fire thread, for example. that would be breaking the rules. > lucky eggs - simply allows people to hatch eggs faster. if people have a large amount of them, sharing them to other players, as with every other one, helps more eggs to be hatched. > buying newbies radars - it's just a nice thing to do, and may help motivate new players even more. this is the one i can see being 50/50 on whether it will be allowed on the thread or not.

what SHOULDN'T be allowed in a type race thread

all of these are being put here under the same reasoning - they do not benefit the team at all, only whoever recieves them - or the boost is so slight its effect wouldn't make much of a difference. > shiny charm rentals > RTE pokemon > gems > shiny/albino sales > currency exchange
update: a new edit to the original was made just as i finished writing this. i get the sentiment of the trade rules not being there... but just link the trade rules under the type race trade rules too. say something like "all trades must be conducted with the trade rules in mind. please read these before asking for a trade in your team thread." and include the url.
juno
mio is fine too!
| adult | any pronouns | pfq's otter hoarder
f2u codecode shoptrade shopjournal
art by me for my use only!
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
I agree and support this, as I read the rules I assumed building pairs from spares or borrowing other team related upgrades or even offering free/cheap summons of the same type to your team wouldn't constitute rule breaking because it goes towards supporting the team.
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi
LilypadLife's AvatarLilypadLife
Honestly, I would also agree! I don’t usually trade with others in the TR because I get quite anxious about whether I’m breaking any rules or such, and that’s mainly why I don’t participate often in TR threads unless I feel motivated to speak up. If there was something else in place like a separate trade forum for these specific TR trades or a similar fashion, I would definitely support! It’s very difficult to find threads based around your team (for all these TR services) with how the trade forum is made. Hope this makes sense :D
Signature art by TheWildSalem! My avatar was made by Cledanio! ♥︎
TRADE SHOPART SHOPJOINT ART SHOPGYM
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover
I agree and support this. The type race is supposed to bring users together to work as a team to win and have fun doing so even if you don't win. If I have to go to other places around the site to help my team win and to even find out who needs the help then why even have a team thread. To make a click list and talk about the specials we hatch? I would rather have someone ask for help (as long as it's team benefiting help that is asked for) on the team thread so that we as a team can come together and help.
My type race0. My trade thread can be found here
× 441 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
Shirarisun's AvatarShirarisun
BIGBIGBIG support- will just quote what i said in another suggestion thread here:

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

IMO i think trade requests or offers should be allowed on type race threads in general. i understand not wanting begging or spamming, but pretty much everything i've seen that is considered "rule-breaking" is trade stuff that i don't think qualifies at all as spam. really think the rules should be relaxed, or at the very least a type race trade section can be made in the trade forums. needless to say, big support from me.
shira//any pronouns//-4 server time hunt journal
pfp source | sprites from kirby super star
I've commented on the other thread about this topic but I just wanted to give my biggest of support on this one as well.
Icon is my fursona
★Drawn by a close friend of mine, used with permission
🎭My Shop🎭
Type Race Score: 0
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
Sooty's AvatarSooty
Honestly I don't see posts like this as spam at all, if I want to help my team I go to the thread!! I'm not going to sift through the trade forums to 1. painstakingly find people on my team 2. find trades I can even do at all It just seems backwards to not allow this, the whole spirit of type race is helping everyone out and being more social, this really limits that I feel :c Also for the section you put of what shouldn't be allowed, honestly I feel that gems should be allowed, cuz getting a higher level badge means faster hatches, which means more points for the team. Anyway, full support. This is very constraining and defeats the purpose of the thread, which is to work together, and ask for help/help others in turn.
Lv. 100 — +736,617
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassDragon
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
<< omnomnom Also check out my Adopt Shop!
Mio Xenoblade's AvatarMio Xenoblade

QUOTE originally posted by Sooty

Honestly I don't see posts like this as spam at all, if I want to help my team I go to the thread!! I'm not going to sift through the trade forums to 1. painstakingly find people on my team 2. find trades I can even do at all It just seems backwards to not allow this, the whole spirit of type race is helping everyone out and being more social, this really limits that I feel :c Also for the section you put of what shouldn't be allowed, honestly I feel that gems should be allowed, cuz getting a higher level badge means faster hatches, which means more points for the team. Anyway, full support. This is very constraining and defeats the purpose of the thread, which is to work together, and ask for help/help others in turn.
i didn't include gems as badges take time to upgrade, and the difference is so small, especially compared to things like lucky eggs. but i see where you're coming from!!
Korvaa's AvatarKorvaa
I have to get behind this one. Cause apparently ive been breaking rules for the lst few races I didnt know i was breaking. I almost alwasy offer newbies albino radars, or offer it as part of my pairs/resources, as a gift, no expectaions to recieve anything in return so i never considered it a "trade" as i wasnt getting anything, and i didnt thnk it would be against the rules... Ive done this for the last 3 races. I save up points for this. Ive sent new farmers radars just to welcome them to the community (i remember how hard it was for me to get the points) and i didnt know it was againts the rules. I normally offer 2-3 sometimes up to 4 radars so its not just one person getting one. I never ask for them back. It helps new players and often gets them excited to be in the race. And if nobody takes them? I sell them for credits when in a pinch. I will respect the rules and not do it again, unless the rules are changed. But if youve ever seen a new farmer come in to a team thread, and a whole team work together to help them and to see their reactions when they finally hatch their first albino? Its amazing to see. <3 My whole comment is geared towards letting us give out albino radars lol.and yes, ive tattled on myself. Gonna follow the rules especially now when its pointed out its not allowed though. Edit to add: yes, we should be putting in our posts in the team threads "pm me if interested" or "pm me if you need a albino radar, i have x amount" and probably edit how many you have when it changes. I've been in a few teams where people were left and right "doing a giveaway for the person with the most points" and other things, when there are very specific rules for giveaways. and maybe the whole trading specials should maybe get their own thread for each team. like how we each have our own team threads, maybe they can give us team related trade threads for those who are trying to give away specials hatched/trade mons other than breeding pairs? like a specific area for us to have trades specifically for our team that isnt what they allow in the team threads.
Score: 0
I totally agree with most of this...just...not some Firstly: I totally support lending anything It follows the same logic as shelter passes and breeding pairs, and if it helps the whole team. Stuff like Red Gigramo, heck, if we're at it, I might even throw the Destiny Knot in there, if it comes to it. And sharing anything too, like z-crystals and lucky eggs. The radar thing isn't exactly benefitting anybody though, just the person you are buying to. I mean, I'm in for being nice and all, it just doesn't seem like something that's related to type threads. You could make a one-time post, if you'd really want to do that. See, giving away free stuff or lending it to someone for free I don't see any problems, with since if you're going to give away free s/a you might as well include items. I don't see why not. HOWEVER, I do see a couple of things I disagree with: Summons. They do help you get points, but what's the point of posting in typerace? Just use the trade forums if you want the summons - I don't see the logic in asking in a typerace thread. If said person didn't need the summons anymore, they would probably sell it in the trades thread anyway - honestly I don't see enough of a benefit to have people post that they are looking for summons. That is very close to something you could use for the trade forums. Forgive me if I sound rude/aggressive, but I really don't want to see a ten players asking to buy summons. We already have enough people posting for their newly hatched s/a/m; we don't need another ten players asking to buy summons that they could, dunno, just use the trade forums for. The chance somebody in that same thread has lots of summons that they haven't sold on the trade thread yet and somebody else on the same team looking for it is incredibly low and I think the trades forum would provide better use. TL;DR: The chance you and somebody else gets in the same team, both active on the threads, and one somehow has lots of summons they do not need and have not sold on the trade threads yet, or am selling and the person just didn't look, and the other person need to buy said summons, is much too low and I personally think it is unnecessary for buying summons If somebody is willing to give summons out for free? Why not? Of course, all of these is type-oriented, if it doesn't match the type it does not apply. And if the MODs do very much still want to enforce these rules, they should at the very least clarify, I think <3
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page