PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Reward for Complete Delta Dex Entry

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

MajikkanCat's AvatarMajikkanCat
Suggestion Title: (small) Reward for Complete Delta Dex Entry Suggestion Summary: When a player gets the delta dex entry of all 18 Types for a specific Pokémon, maybe they could get a small reward or even be connected to something later on, but that's not my place to suggest. Positive points: - New goalpost to strive for for Arceus Rank players and other folks who feel like they've already achieved everything, and for people who really focus on a specific favourite 'mon. - Marking and congratulating an honestly pretty difficult achievement. - Deltas are awesome, but I've noticed they aren't always valued as much as shinies and albinos. Maybe this might boost enthusiasm for Deltas? Negative points: - A big reward would affect the PFQ economy, and looking at other suggestions I've noticed that's generally considered a deal-breaker. The reward would have to be small, unless I've massively misunderstood the whole situation. - Most Farmers probably wouldn't care - I've seen more specific Type all-the-'mons Delta collections than I've seen all-the-Types specific 'mon Delta collections. Reason For Consideration: See positive points. Also, I've seen lots of players collecting Delta 'mon. (Also, this isn't a trick to get free stuff, if it did happen it wouldn't benefit me yet, as of posting I haven't made the goal.)
Avatar by me picturing Mewvee (Pokémon fusion OC)
Shiny Stone

Shiny Stone

Evolution Stone

(: 0)

A bright stone that shines with a dazzling light.

Sells for 1,500

Lv. 100 — +403,286
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +314,419
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
I mean, there's no harm! Support <3 I don't think it will break anything or tip any economies, plus I need motivation to get that delta dex going
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
I have to say no support since delta pokemon don't really affect the pokedex much since their delta types don't affect the dex entry unless you didn't hatch a certain pokemon, have their evolution or mega evolution already so i don't believe any type of new reward is needed. Their delta typing does show up in the pokedex. Plus just like the link here shows we already get rewards from getting the pokedex completed so again i don't believe any type of new reward is needed. https://pokefarm.wiki/Rank#Game_Progression_Ranks
Credits go to heysoup for the cute Noibat icon they drew.
Justsayhi's AvatarJustsayhi
Partial support..? I can see some issues with it though. See, I forget a lot of the time that different delta types register in the dex! I think having a reward would be cute - as you mentioned, getting ALL the delta types of one Pokemon can be kind of annoying. However, I don’t know if it’d be fair to give anything other than some sort of cosmetic reward for it. After all, completing a shiny dex only gets you the “SHINY” class, and filling in your albino / melan dexes doesn’t get you anything either (outside of a nice round 100% if you completely fill them in). Obviously, hunting deltas can easily get really expensive (if you’re hunting a standard 5k EHP mon it’s 20 DP per mon, and you don’t even get 20 DP per shiny if you’re cashing in that same standard 5k EHP mon) - but so is melan hunting, and as stated prior, no reward for that. So, to put it shortly: I’d support some kind of cosmetic like the shiny class, or a percentage bar in the dex like albinos / melans, but not any kind of item or currency reward. If that makes sense?
Game: In Stars And Time!!!
Despite everything, it’s still you!
scavengers's Avatarscavengers
iiii think i could throw support for this? i hope you don't mind me making a little suggestion of my own, but maybe the reward for completing a pokemon's delta dex would be a small boost to a delta type of the users choice? only for that specific species, but i think it would be helpful as i think it would mainly be delta hunters who would use this anyway :3 makes it slightly nicer when hunting for a specific special delta, rather than waiting on the v~wave luck.
pfp is pixel art, done by me! its my little alien hyena fella so cutest tiepnsy
Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur

Justsayhi's post

QUOTE originally posted by Justsayhi

Partial support..? I can see some issues with it though. See, I forget a lot of the time that different delta types register in the dex! I think having a reward would be cute - as you mentioned, getting ALL the delta types of one Pokemon can be kind of annoying. However, I don’t know if it’d be fair to give anything other than some sort of cosmetic reward for it. After all, completing a shiny dex only gets you the “SHINY” class, and filling in your albino / melan dexes doesn’t get you anything either (outside of a nice round 100% if you completely fill them in). Obviously, hunting deltas can easily get really expensive (if you’re hunting a standard 5k EHP mon it’s 20 DP per mon, and you don’t even get 20 DP per shiny if you’re cashing in that same standard 5k EHP mon) - but so is melan hunting, and as stated prior, no reward for that. So, to put it shortly: I’d support some kind of cosmetic like the shiny class, or a percentage bar in the dex like albinos / melans, but not any kind of item or currency reward. If that makes sense?
Partitial support; I don't Delta hunt but if I were to for a species I'd like a little cosmetic, like a ribbon or something, to mark when all delta types are collected. Wouldn't think to add an actual reward, or if there was one it'd be something with very small with a value like around 1k credits.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!
skypony101's Avatarskypony101
Sadly, no support for this one. Imo It wouldn't affect the economy, but it would be pretty darn expensive and hard to get them all. The biggest reason I'm saying no support is literally just how hard it would be. Assuming my math is correct, with 1649 pokemon in the dex and 18 types.... That's about 29,682 pokemon. I'm not saying some people aren't willing to do it, but that is such a big jump in numbers to complete You can also forget about trying to keep all those deltas in one account, as the limit of fields you can have on PFQ is 251 (10040 pokemon) even if you were to have every single pokemon in normal, shiny, albino, and melan you would still only have 22% of how many deltas there are. Even if you got a little cosmetic icon like others suggest, you'd have to make a huge effort to reach that sorta milestone (imagine the dexing haste, lol)
my avatar is a picture of my dog Tika, taken my me :) check out my dexing service! *
image made by me. shiny, albino, mega, and totem sticker from PFQ
click the counter to go to my profile and get your own! 17 TR types available

QUOTE originally posted by skypony101

Sadly, no support for this one. Imo It wouldn't affect the economy, but it would be pretty darn expensive and hard to get them all. The biggest reason I'm saying no support is literally just how hard it would be. Assuming my math is correct, with 1649 pokemon in the dex and 18 types.... That's about 29,682 pokemon. I'm not saying some people aren't willing to do it, but that is such a big jump in numbers to complete You can also forget about trying to keep all those deltas in one account, as the limit of fields you can have on PFQ is 251 (10040 pokemon) even if you were to have every single pokemon in normal, shiny, albino, and melan you would still only have 22% of how many deltas there are. Even if you got a little cosmetic icon like others suggest, you'd have to make a huge effort to reach that sorta milestone (imagine the dexing haste, lol)
Its only for a specific Pokemon though...the user here isn't suggesting a reward for all Pokemon...
skypony101's Avatarskypony101

QUOTE originally posted by ShootingStarRain

QUOTE originally posted by skypony101

cut
Its only for a specific Pokemon though...the user here isn't suggesting a reward for all Pokemon...
Ah, right. Slipped my mind while calculating. I feel like if it's just for one pokemon, it won't really be... Worth it, in a sense? You don't get anything for obtaining the whole normal/s/a/M set ok a mon, so why should getting all deltas of one species get a reward? Moreover why would we really need a reward for that? (I get free currency stuff, but we did just get a upgrade to the login bonus with the 10 zc, which is pretty nice) Maybe if it was a one time reward the first time you complete a set it would be sorta good, but then people may start asking to get a reward for every completed delta set(which, okay, maybe it would be sorta balanced if it was a small currency reward, but it's a very minor thing to do) In my personal opinion, I don't think getting all deltas of a certain species is "deserving" of a reward, as awesome as that stuff would be I say deserving in quotes because you have to put in at least a bit of effort to get the deltas, but it's not as big of a task as completing the dex if you get what I mean
KaidaMcWoomy's AvatarKaidaMcWoomy
I don't think I can support this for a few reasons. I think having a reward in credits or gp would be too hard to implement since doing it on a species basis would necessitate scaling it up for the more expensive deltas and down for the less expensive deltas. It doesn't make sense for Arceus to have the same reward for Magikarp when Arceus takes 24x longer to hatch AND costs 24x more (1,280 EHP with 5 dp cost for Magikarp vs 30,720 EHP with 120 dp cost for Arceus). Finding a happy medium cost that accounts for the large amounts of time and money spent to get all 18 types while also being fair for the easier to obtain mons and not busted for the ones that are more difficult to obtain I feel like is going to be extremely hard to balance. Thus, I can't support a credit/gp/zc reward for full delta dexes in any form. Also, in addition, I agree with what skypony101 says when they mention that you don't get a special reward for getting a complete set of regular/shiny/albino/melan for a Pokemon. What is the logic for rewarding getting a complete delta dex entry, but not a complete special entry? Arguably melans are a bigger time/credit sink than deltas, especially if you don't have hypermode, but we don't get an official reward for getting all four colorations. I think if I had to pick one to get a reward for, it'd be the colorations over the deltas. In theory it's a neat idea, but I think the only balanced way to get a reward for delta dexes would be if it gets implemented in a manner similar to how the shiny dex completion rate gives you a class for your trainer card. So like, "for every x complete delta dex entries, you get a new class". That would still give you something for that completeness without necessarily breaking the market economy or needing too much to be added in. That being said, there are still a few problems with this idea:
  1. What do we even call it? Class and rank are already taken. The only one I can think of that doesn't have any problematic connotations is division, which is what I'll refer to them as for the rest of this post.
  2. Where would we put it on the trainer card and forum bars? Is it on the same line as the already existing rank and class in the trainer card? That's going to get crowded fast. For the forums, we have class banners. Adding a "division" banner based on delta dexes would necessitate redesigning it. Even if you just added it to the class banner, you'd need to have every single combination of class and "division" created. There's already 15 classes, assuming you have just as many "divisions" that's 225 different combinations.
  3. What would we use to represent the various divisions? Letters are already taken up by the classes, and using them for both could cause some confusion. Numbers and most symbols are going to be just a little too vague imo. Greek letters would probably make the most sense since well, the delta symbol is a Greek letter. But even that is problematic since some other Greek letters (alpha, omega) already have associations with specific Pokemon. Doing just a delta symbol with different colors also seems vague because there isn't an easy to understand context of "this color is better than the others" like there is with the class scale
  4. If we're doing this for deltas, why aren't we doing this for albinos and melans? Honestly the biggest reason that I can't fully support even this. Albinos and Melans I think are much more associated with the site than deltas are, but they don't have a class-like system either. How can we justify adding a "division" for delta dex completeness, but not one for albinos or melans? If these got added in addition to a delta division, then it'd just exacerbate all of the above-mentioned problems
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: Paused Hunt: with a 2400ish chain Type Race: 599

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page