PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokeFarm Pokemon IVs [UserScript]

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 12

Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
Hello everyone! I'd like to share with you all a new UserScript I've been working on for a long time - PokeFarm Pokemon IVs (working title, haha)! Unfortunately, as this is the first time I'm sharing it publically, this script is still in a very early version and needs some test cases. Right now I'm asking for volunteer testers to run my script, find any issues, and report either here, on my GitHub, or PM me directly even, if you'd like. The basics of the script are that it makes an "Inventory" of all the Pokemon in your fields, saves that inventory in your notepad, and uses it to compare the Pokemon you have against each other to suggest to you whether or not you should release them or keep them! If you'd like to try it out, you'll need Tampermonkey (or something similar) and to be playing on desktop - then create a new script, copy everything in the Release.js file from its GitHub, save, and test it out on your private fields page (pokefarm.com/fields). QoL is not required for this script to work properly; that being said, as a player I recommend it all the same. PPIVs should work regardless of whether you have QoL enabled or disabled. If installed properly, the script should create a "Pokemon Info" tab below your fields, which updates with information as you use the script. The first time you visit your fields, it will generate and save the inventory it will need to your notepad. Afterwards, each Pokemon's perfect IV count should appear over their respective sprites on the field. Clicking on a Pokemon will search the species evolution line and report in the Pokemon Info tab the best Male/Female pair you have and all of your Pokemon in the species, then of those which it recommends you release. Whenever you visit a field in which a Pokemon has updated (such as adding or removing from that field, renaming, evolving, or changing the forms of), the script should detect it and update the inventory accordingly. The mass release tab should also list the perfect IV count of all the Pokemon in the field (planning to add the ability to toggle that off in a future release). The announcements bar should now include an Inventory button: it will report a number in the parenthesis with the amount of Pokemon saved in the inventory. If instead there are ellipsis (...), the inventory is either not loaded or in the process of being built. Check the Pokemon Info tab for its status. Clicking on the Inventory button will open the settings menu for PPIVs, to include more features later. Right now there are two input fields to allow you to define what IV range constitutes a perfect IV, and a "reset" button; clicking on this will rebuild the inventory in case of any problems. However, generally you don't want to do this if you don't have to: again, the inventory should auto update when you visit each field. Reiterating that this is an early build; while I don't expect too much to break you may run into a few issues naturally. I'll be tracking those both in this forum and on the GitHub project, so please let me know of them or if you just have other opinions of the script itself, for example general design choices or options for the user. I'll be considering everything! Tester, user, or just someone curious about the project, thank you for trying my script! I plan to be very active and will be updating it regularly, so feel free to check in every so often for updates. :)

Major Known Issues

• Identical field names: If you have two or more fields that share a name exactly, the script does not know how to distinguish between them and will assume you only have one. Every time you visit one of those shared named fields, the script will clear the Pokemon from the inventory field entry and add the ones you're looking at. This causes issues when searching your fields after visiting one of those and causes some lag, especially if you switch between them quickly. Current Workaround: Ensure your field names are unique; for identical names, numbering them or something similar should be enough.

Recent Additions

• New setting for users to specify a range of perfect IVs, instead a default of 31. If you don't care about perfect IVs, try setting the minimum range to 0 and the max to 31; this will remove the count from the field Pokemon and the mass release list. (Indirectly, this will also fetch OTs for each Pokemon of the clicked species, instead of just for the highest IV Pokemon you own.)

High-Level Future Goals

• Allow users to search by natures instead of IVs, or by both. This will add more functionality to those who don't care to IV breed (and might constitute a script rename).
  • Expand the monitored pages from just the /fields page to all pages, so that the inventory can add/remove/etc. Pokemon exactly when it happens instead of when they're next seen in the fields.
  • Maybe: Show on field Pokemon whether you should release or not, instead of just per species in the Pokemon Info box when you select on them. Helps with mass release in messy fields. This was how the first version worked a year ago but may be too intensive.
  • Maybe: Show IVs on other pages, like the shelter, so you can adopt good Pokemon from there, although may also be intensive. Highlight perfect IVs on Pokemon's summary pages.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!
ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
This is awesome. This will be amazing looking for good mons to train up for spars. I just installed it, and I already found a 5 IV Cyclizar sitting in my fields that I missed. I was planning to battle-ready hunt it at some point, so this is amazing. One thing I might suggest adding is an IV goal setting. For me, I usually considering having 28 IVs in a stat as close enough to perfect. Edit: Just found a 5 good IV +Special attack natured custom sprite Meowstic in my fields. I will state again, this script is awesome.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~

QUOTE originally posted by ACottontail

This is awesome. This will be amazing looking for good mons to train up for spars. I just installed it, and I already found a 5 IV Cyclizar sitting in my fields that I missed. I was planning to battle-ready hunt it at some point, so this is amazing. Edit: Just found a 5 good IV +Special attack natured custom sprite Meowstic in my fields. I will state again, this script is awesome.
Hey, glad to hear it! Sounds like it's working well for you so far which is always good news. :) From what my partner and I did test, it seems my script is very good at helping trainers find Pokemon they didn't know they had in their fields, which was an intended side-effect I didn't realize until then.

One thing I might suggest adding is an IV goal setting. For me, I usually considering having 28 IVs in a stat as close enough to perfect.
I'll add that to the list of planned features on GitHub! I'm thinking a section in the options where people can specify the range for acceptable "perfect" IVs: for both your case and I know of some people who like hunting for 0 IV Pokemon. Thanks for the feedback!
I volunteer as a tester! this sounds AMAZING. working on downloading now and will update after daybreak.

Calypso ~ Adult ~ She/Her

~GRAFAIAI COLLECTOR~ ~IV BREEDER~

It is 03:12 PM Sun in Calypso's Cave PFP by Ashe Moon

One thing I might suggest adding is an IV goal setting.
Hey again! This should be implemented now so when you next use the script if you could update your version to try it out, it would be appreciated! (In general, the script should auto update after installation on new releases but I hadn't versioned this update yet.)
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
is there anyway to make this css?
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu

QUOTE originally posted by dumbdog

is there anyway to make this css?
In short, no, sorry. Actually, the script does use CSS at a good number of different points, but this is written in JavaScript. Right now, Tampermonkey or a similar script injector is required. This is a standalone script, like QoL, and has logic that requires JavaScript to work, so CSS alone is not enough for this project.
Retsky's AvatarRetsky
Suggestion for possibly adding a field search for OT's alongside the automated BP compatibility search c: like, "here are all the pokemon you have from 'Retsky'" type thing?
  • ♡Stuff♡
  • ♡Credits♡
TR: 0 *-7hrs Server* *Collecting Rusted Sw&Sh 15-22zc 20-25zc* *Buying S/A/M Calm/Gentle/Quiet/Timid* *My Shop: A Traveling Growlithe's Joint Shop* >>We have: Summons, S/A, Special Deltas, 6iv's & Hunts, Shiny Charm Swap, Upgrade Items, Z-Crystals, & Megas + Melans Dexing!
Avatar Art Adopt from Exarch, for my use only. TypeRace Team Img by BlackBlood1872, F2U. >>All Teams<<
WytchyLynx's AvatarWytchyLynx
This sounds so awesome! I'm a mobile player so can't use it currently but I would absolutely love to see it added in the site like the QoL functions
Lynx • They/She • 35 ~ IV Breeder ~ Shop • • Journal
nikao's Avatarnikao

QUOTE originally posted by WytchyLynx

This sounds so awesome! I'm a mobile player so can't use it currently but I would absolutely love to see it added in the site like the QoL functions
Yes this really does sounds very nice and interesting!!! For mobile player or sometimes mobile player, when this idea would be added to QoL funktions ,like you did say ,this would be awesome:) ...When it is possible to do ^-^ ..(have to say i did try to search iv with qol ,when i did learn about qol ,what it is, very sad it did not work^//^ ) so this project or script here sounds great !^^
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page