PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Reward for Complete Delta Dex Entry

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Reward for Complete Delta Dex Entry >

KaidaMcWoomy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKaidaMcWoomy
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
I don't think I can support this for a few reasons. I think having a reward in credits or gp would be too hard to implement since doing it on a species basis would necessitate scaling it up for the more expensive deltas and down for the less expensive deltas. It doesn't make sense for Arceus to have the same reward for Magikarp when Arceus takes 24x longer to hatch AND costs 24x more (1,280 EHP with 5 dp cost for Magikarp vs 30,720 EHP with 120 dp cost for Arceus). Finding a happy medium cost that accounts for the large amounts of time and money spent to get all 18 types while also being fair for the easier to obtain mons and not busted for the ones that are more difficult to obtain I feel like is going to be extremely hard to balance. Thus, I can't support a credit/gp/zc reward for full delta dexes in any form. Also, in addition, I agree with what skypony101 says when they mention that you don't get a special reward for getting a complete set of regular/shiny/albino/melan for a Pokemon. What is the logic for rewarding getting a complete delta dex entry, but not a complete special entry? Arguably melans are a bigger time/credit sink than deltas, especially if you don't have hypermode, but we don't get an official reward for getting all four colorations. I think if I had to pick one to get a reward for, it'd be the colorations over the deltas. In theory it's a neat idea, but I think the only balanced way to get a reward for delta dexes would be if it gets implemented in a manner similar to how the shiny dex completion rate gives you a class for your trainer card. So like, "for every x complete delta dex entries, you get a new class". That would still give you something for that completeness without necessarily breaking the market economy or needing too much to be added in. That being said, there are still a few problems with this idea:
  1. What do we even call it? Class and rank are already taken. The only one I can think of that doesn't have any problematic connotations is division, which is what I'll refer to them as for the rest of this post.
  2. Where would we put it on the trainer card and forum bars? Is it on the same line as the already existing rank and class in the trainer card? That's going to get crowded fast. For the forums, we have class banners. Adding a "division" banner based on delta dexes would necessitate redesigning it. Even if you just added it to the class banner, you'd need to have every single combination of class and "division" created. There's already 15 classes, assuming you have just as many "divisions" that's 225 different combinations.
  3. What would we use to represent the various divisions? Letters are already taken up by the classes, and using them for both could cause some confusion. Numbers and most symbols are going to be just a little too vague imo. Greek letters would probably make the most sense since well, the delta symbol is a Greek letter. But even that is problematic since some other Greek letters (alpha, omega) already have associations with specific Pokemon. Doing just a delta symbol with different colors also seems vague because there isn't an easy to understand context of "this color is better than the others" like there is with the class scale
  4. If we're doing this for deltas, why aren't we doing this for albinos and melans? Honestly the biggest reason that I can't fully support even this. Albinos and Melans I think are much more associated with the site than deltas are, but they don't have a class-like system either. How can we justify adding a "division" for delta dex completeness, but not one for albinos or melans? If these got added in addition to a delta division, then it'd just exacerbate all of the above-mentioned problems
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: b.png r.png Current Hunt: b.png k.png with a 3333 chain Type Race: dragon.png 4024
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page