PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokewalker Watts and distance.

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

ChaosBalance's AvatarChaosBalance
I actually WALKED 3km in a straight line and only got 31 watts for 991 steps. I felt so damn cheated it was not funny. Because I live right out in a rural area, and because I cannot go galavanting about everyday to build up the watts via travel, I have a little suggestion involving the pokewalker. Namely, bringing back the option to use interactions as a substitute for steps. Shiny Hunters are mass-clicking for eggs anyway, and having the ability to switch over to interactions instead of just downloading and taking a trip by car, would boost the interactions on the site methinks. The only real thing that could go wrong is if everyone started to complain about the items they are finding again. Comments? Yay or Nay? Thoughts?
I know I certainly support any suggestion to bring the pokewalker on site. It doesn't make sense to me that it is what it is. I don't understand why it uses real distance and "steps" other than it being a cool way to implement it. It may not have been much, but I feel I wasted my credits buying the pokewalker and only hope that it comes on site at some point. These are my thoughts on the pokewalker in general, I suppose. As for this suggestion, I don't see how it could have been bad or broken on PF1 when it used interactions (PF1's pokewalker used interactions right?) so I support.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Yes it did, but everyone was complaining about the skew on the items found by the radar. I admit, wanting people to get out and about is an admiral goal. But 3 KILOMETERS IN A STRAIGHT LINE ONLY BEING 991 STEPS?!?!? I am 4"7' if that, and I didn't only do 991 steps. The pokewalker attachment for the games had a watt being 20 steps, and I only got 31 watts for 991 steps? Just What? Where is the math for that? I have only used the pokewalker once, I had my screen on it and focussed, and this is what I ended up with. I made this suggestion because that time I used it would be my first and my last time using it unless it takes interations as steps again. It is just not worth it otherwise.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Your opinion is understandable, but others disagree, logging 50, 60, 80km on the Walker already. Keep in mind that it is GPS based, which is still a relatively new thing for websites to be able to do. If you're inclined, you can check out the source code and see what might be wrong with it, because you only got a third of what you should have...
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Any bugs or glitches from GPS stuff aside, how many more users would actually use the pokewalker if it was on site? I know I would, but I can't be the only one. I don't often go walking, but when I do my phone is usually in my pocket. If I wanna play something, it might be Pokémon Go, but even that game I've fallen off of a bit. I do admire what the pokewalker is now, but I just wish I could get some functionality from it instead of feeling like I wasted the small amount of money I spent on it.
No offense, but not everyone is good with computer code Niet. Before the Terraria integrated servers were a thing, I ended up deleting half of the OS on my laptop following a Terraria Server for Dummies guide. No Idea how, but I did. And Niet, Have you considered HOW these people are logging those kinds of distances? It can't all be because people are simply walking around, and I know I have seen people mention loading up the Walker then simply tossing their phone on a car seat then turning it back on again when they get to where they are going..... My point is made with those kinds of comments, really.
So I got a PM from someone with some supporting info for the Pokewalker not being to best suited for GPS. I promised that I would Necro this myself if they agreed to present evidence. Also, wanted to see if anyone else had these sorts of problems with the dang thing.
Leacky's AvatarLeacky
As an old PF user I'd love to be able to get watts from clicking! This have my full support! And not only because of this. I'm also using a veeery poor, old mobile, and I'm sure there are many other people like me that have such phones that are simply not compatible with the Pokewalker feature. sometimes they even aren't able to work with the GPS properly or even doesn't have that feature at all. Here is my mobile if you want to have a look at it My mobile is over 5 years old with an Android 2.1 (while the newest one is 7.0!) and a very old version of Opera Mobile as a main browser but it still works and I simply don't have money to buy a newer one. And despite there are so many apps and sites that don't support such old mobiles anymore, it was thankfully good enough to work with both old PF and the pre-recode PFQ though it was of course a bit slower then the newer mobiles but it saved my accounts many times e.g. with keeping my online chain during my internet ban at home. But of course it couldn't last forever. Niet made his recode and though it's been said there won't be any mobile PFQ version long before the recode happened, it's exactly what he is trying to do now though it's not working good on all mobiles. You see my mobile is not supported by Flash Player and despite what is written in its manual it's not working with the stupid GIF images both in a gallery app and when I use my Opera browser. It usually just shows a static image, a single frame of a GIF. Though I should admit they are actually working on Opera... at least a tiny bit. But I'm not sure if skipping each few frames of a gif image is good enough to tell it's working. And why I'm telling you this? Because of that stupid swirling arrow animation (and of course any other animations like the Egg hatching/Pokemon evolution ones) that causes my mobile and its internet browser (and sometimes even my laptop) to lag and focus way too much on trying to display that arrow than loading the page! And that arrow is usually static unless I try to scroll the page a bit, then it moves a bit and then returns to its static view. And it's not only because of that that I'm telling you all of this. As far as I know Pokewalker is also actually a one large GIF - imagine what would happen if I tried to use it on my mobile... It already barely works with such things and I don't want to break it because, as I said already, I just can't buy nor receive any newer one now. So before somebody will say things like this one - better think twice, because for some people it may sound very rude and you can "accidentaly" hurt them... (I'm also aware a mouse isn't that much compared to a mobile, but still when you're talking about things that involve money in any way - well, I know from my personal experience you should be really carefull about it because you never know who are you talking to...)
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
No support. From what I can tell, the pokewalker a sort of bonus to users who are mainly on mobile. Being on mobile causes them enough trouble, so the pokewalker is something special for them for staying with pokefarm despite the troubles. Wouldn't making it available to normal clicking just defeat that purpose? Secondly, I'm pretty sure making it so you don't have to walk anywhere defeats an even bigger purpose: making you get out from sitting in front of a computer all day and go outside, walk some, maybe hang out with friends and live a little. I mean, it is called a pokewalker after all. The entire point is to walk. Really I think the answer is to figure out why you got 1/3 of what you should have gotten and fix that rather than making some huge change to the way the pokewalker functions. Also, have you tried going on another walk to make sure it was the pokewalker and not something else that was messing it up? Maybe your mobile device was off part of the time? or maybe the 3km wasn't actually 3km it just felt like it was? It's always good to double check.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Leacky's AvatarLeacky

QUOTE originally posted by Morzone

No support. From what I can tell, the pokewalker a sort of bonus to users who are mainly on mobile. Being on mobile causes them enough trouble, so the pokewalker is something special for them for staying with pokefarm despite the troubles. Wouldn't making it available to normal clicking just defeat that purpose?
Did you read what I posted? On certain devices the Pokewalker isn't even working at all. And not only because of the GPS/Internet connection problems (oh, I forgot to mention it - not everybody have a free unlimited internet, not only on their mobiles but also at all, me for example. And even now there are people who don't even have any smartphone at all. They just use the old-fashioned plain mobiles, and chances are, they will never be able to get a new fancy smartphone). Some mobiles are too poor to even display the Pokewalker properly. And you know what? It isn't the only thing on the recode PFQ that causes such problems. And what's even more interesting, these problems had never happened on both the PF1 and the pre-recode PFQ. And you know why? Because they weren't focused on the mobile users that much! Even on my old mobile it was rather possible to do almost everything before the recode was started. But now? Just look at this Collection Area bug I wasn't able to get that Pokemon until I finally logged in from my laptop! (it even happened on a way newer mobile I once had On this phone I also had bugs like "cutting" part of the notification thingy out of the screen and sometimes making me not only unable to see and read it but also even click on it! And what's even weirder it had a bit bigger screen than my old mobile) So what are the benefits of a feature that even isn't working for everyone? Also, what about those people who, for various reasons, can't go on long walks (and walks at all)? Or those who only can use the Wi-Fi on their mobiles? Have you thinked about them?

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page