PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New task for type race?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 1234

SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover
I suggest adding a new task to the game to get more users involved in participation in type races. New users to the site use the task list to help show them different parts of the site so why not have one for type race? old users like completing the tasks just to complete site goals or for the rewards. This set of tasks wouldn't need to give that many credits for each task either. It should be set up to not be able to be done in a single type race though and even players that have completed many type races would still need to take part in let's say at least 3 after this task is added? I don't think this would be way over powered for those of us who would have it done In three months without even trying but it would possibly bring newer players/other active players who just don't both with type race into taking part in them more. Task goal ideas and reward ideas. can be done in a differant order, can add others, can also not use these and use other. 1: earn 200 points in a type race / reward 5k? 2: make a post in your teams thread 1 time / reward 10k? 3: earn 200 points in 3 type races / reward 25k 4: earn 1500 points in a type race / reward 50k 5: earn 3000 points in a type race / reward 1 z frag, crystal or 100k? 6: earn 10000 points over time / reward 25k? 7: earn 50000 points over time / 50k? 8: earn 100000 points over time / reward 100k? by the end of the third month you could have this completed from 1-5 if you are able to get 3k points in one of those races. I would love to hear thoughts on this. Also this only just popped into my head this morning so it's kinda been tossed together so some better refining might help make it better too.
My type race0. My trade thread can be found here
× 441 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
Coming from the discussion we had in the Announcements; this would be a pretty good idea, actually! Getting more players to be more involved in type race could leave a positive impact on some people and that would possibly strive them towards trying to become a TR leader some day! If this had been implemented when I first joined, I think I would have actually started joining Type Races a lot sooner; for me, there was no reward in it because of how new I was and didn't have the resources to hunt for TR, even if it was just randoms, so this would, in my opinion, be a good thing :)

Sonora - 16 - hoot/owl

"You weren't quite as bold. Smarter, sharpr, brighter than the rest . . . Now you're sixteen, broke and burning out in style" -gifted kid burnout . Tom O'Donovan TH
Sweet Apple

Sweet Apple

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar apple that can make a certain species of Pokémon evolve. It's exceptionally sweet.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 11 — 647 / 672
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassDragon
Happiness MAX
Timid nature
PFP by me!
Right thats along the lines of what i was thinking with it. Get newer users awhere of how useful and fun a type race can be. those task goals i listed could be differant too depending on what can be coded into the tasks. I dont think a task like (become tr leader) works at all but like just the making a post in a tr thread would brake the ice for a lot of users. A newer user can get 200 points easy enough and they get the team bonus if they do so just that would show them the profit that can be made by even the minimum participation.
I feel like a task like that wouldn't work, but the others are a very good start! starting out by just getting the bare minimum of points eligible for team rewards would be a great way to get people engaged. And, with all the other fragments and crystals you earn through getting more points would just add to the fun experience if you also got just a little bit of money for it, as well :)
yep. Getting the last task completed giving a random z crystal i think is best/good too as it goes along with the tr being tied into the crystals they also on adverage go for 500k sale price. Hitting that 3k points goal for full rewards can also be a very acomplished feeling over all. i know it was for me even though the next race after that i figured out how easy it is for me to get way higher then that.
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
This is an interesting idea but where I see a problem is with 2 and 5 not many people are able to make it to 1500 points or to 3000 points because of school, work, etc. People who do make it to scores like that either constantly hatch high exp eggs or they're legendary hunters so how would that benefit new users? Or users who don't hunt for legendary Pokemon? Something like that should benefit everyone equally and not just favor those users who are legendary hunting for the type race because those users who don't do that are at a disadvantage of earning 15k to 30k points because they could be hunting something that isn't a high exp such as Magikarp or Pichu? Or they're too busy to participate in the type race.
Pfp from Pfq

QUOTE originally posted by Dartrix

This is an interesting idea but where I see a problem is with 2 and 5 not many people are able to make it to 1500 points or to 3000 points because of school, work, etc. People who do make it to scores like that either constantly hatch high exp eggs or they're legendary hunters so how would that benefit new users? Or users who don't hunt for legendary Pokemon? Something like that should benefit everyone equally and not just favor those users who are legendary hunting for the type race because those users who don't do that are at a disadvantage of earning 15k to 30k points because they could be hunting something that isn't a high exp such as Magikarp or Pichu? Or they're too busy to participate in the type race.
Do you have ideas for what else those could be other than point goals? I think a lot of users can hit the 1500 points goal with just keeping eggs hatching that match the team they are on. I see a lot of new users hatch random eggs during tr because they arent really trying to partisapate in the race or they are only going for that bare min of 200 points to quilfy for the team prize too. those who have school may not get the 3k points until summer break but they can get it at some point. Adults who work and such can get 3k points with just the weekend days alone if they make it a goal to hatch eggs. I have 3k points in the first two days if i just hatch my daycare and shelter eggs. I don't think those goals are unreachable for anyone. I am more then open to addeding other suggetions at to what the task goals could be though.
6530b's Avatar6530b
Support. Although I dislike the 50k reward for just posting in the type race thread. That's a very large reward for a very easy task. (perhaps there should be a task on the task list for posting on the forum? but that's for a seperate suggestion thread)

This is an interesting idea but where I see a problem is with 2 and 5 not many people are able to make it to 1500 points or to 3000 points because of school, work, etc.
I also see where this is coming from, as I work nearly 40 hours a week in a job where checking pokefarm is something I can only do every few hours (if at all), and can barely get above 1000 on an average type race. But I still think there should be a reward for those who can get that many points. It's very impressive. I can see credits being devalued as a negative people could bring up, but... they're already not worth much, and very easy to get ahold of/trade for on the market or trade forums.
Avatar is my pokesona. Official Gen 5 sprite, edited by me!
King's Rock

King's Rock

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A crown-shaped rock that exerts dominance over foes.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 91 — 6,988 / 25,117
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Rash nature
My Super Exciting Journal

QUOTE originally posted by 6530b

Support. Although I dislike the 50k reward for just posting in the type race thread. That's a very large reward for a very easy task. (perhaps there should be a task on the task list for posting on the forum? but that's for a seperate suggestion thread)

This is an interesting idea but where I see a problem is with 2 and 5 not many people are able to make it to 1500 points or to 3000 points because of school, work, etc.
I also see where this is coming from, as I work nearly 40 hours a week in a job where checking pokefarm is something I can only do every few hours (if at all), and can barely get above 1000 on an average type race. But I still think there should be a reward for those who can get that many points. It's very impressive. I can see credits being devalued as a negative people could bring up, but... they're already not worth much, and very easy to get ahold of/trade for on the market or trade forums.
1. So that task i listed as its one that brings newer users to the team thread that a lot of users never bother with. If they come and join in the team thread they might find out that other users are willing to help them out like giving them a free albino radar, free specials or sharing things like star pass and supplier passes to help them hatch more eggs. The 50k reward can always be lower that was just a number i tossed up. 2. I do understand this point as well but it's not impossible for a working user to get. what if your day off is on bonus day and you can hatch all 10k eggs all day, maybe you get lucky and catch rus and can boost your points that way. It is the last task on the list and also the hardest to get but not impossible for anyone. it also encurages everyone to get the full tr rewards. 3. I don't think this task would have a devalue on credits. the last one i set at 500k only because that is the adverage cost of a z crystal. A random Z crystal could also be given for this and i don't think that everyone to complete the task getting one extra would devalue the z crystals either. Maybe get more oppions on this though if others think so or not.
RoarRockruff's AvatarRoarRockruff
Support! I know for a fact that when I started I had no idea type race even existed. As I was new, I didn't go check out the thread, or excessively hatch flying type pokemon, or anything (The TR team I was on). I'm really surprised I got 47 points that TR. I also know that if the reward of CR was made I 100% would have participated, because when you start, all you want is that pokeradar (And field space :P ). I think that the reward for doing some of the things should be lowered, even though it's CR, some of the amounts are still too excessive. Just for posting in the thread, 50k is over the top. Maybe 5-10k? (Or lower, possibly). Ofc, if it's too hard to implement, then we all understand. It would just be a good idea to have something similiar to this to help new players get involved. Sometimes that one new player scraping together 50 points is all you need to win. I know that because I was in fighting last TR, and at the end poison JUST overtook us.

Babs/Roar | She/her | Pansexual

My avatar and Pagedoll is my Dreepy OC Phantom.
Art Shop JournalNothing credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Signature Pagedoll @Cryst F2U TR banner @CaptainNessbot F2U divider @Mochi and Aemilia's codes Icon @Silver Raven

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page