PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Being able to lock Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12345

Peckish's AvatarPeckish

QUOTE originally posted by Axolotlovers

Theres 2 pop ups. If you screw up its your fault.
They're talking about mass releasing, where there's one popup saying you are releasing X pokemon.
Icon by Flyeahfy for my use Grookey
162/250 Till my Zarude hunt!
Arcite's AvatarArcite
I would like to add to this that it is shortsighted and frankly ridiculous to think someone will unlock and release something by accident in the same way they would simply.. accidentally release due to things being in transit or.. I dont know... being on mobile where special sprites often look EXACTLY THE SAME as normal ones. With this in mind it is not unthinkable that in a rush someone might release a batch that includes a special pokemon. Yes there is a pop up and yes they are "marked" but when you are releasing hundreds of fields off a hunt, being on autopilot is fair. Shinies and melas or things you will NEVER want to trade, you would lock and never unlock. Accidentally releasing things is, as someone else said, something that happens to everyone. Not paying attention is something that can also happen to anyone, and that the site has QoL for in other ways as is ._. Like breaking shiny chains being segmented, or other such confirmations. Making a mistake because a sprite looks the same.. well in the time I have been back I have heard that from mobile users repeatedly. It costs a lot of time and money to work on getting the prizes we want on this site, and having a way to protect them that is not only simple and not at all annoying (you would never lock a field of trash.. so why would you ever see the pop up UNLESS it was saving you?) But is actually a known standard in tons of games isn't a tall ask. Many mobile games (which this site seems to pride itself on being compatible with) have locking for things like gacha characters, where you will often have copies and can accidentally burn, release or sell extras. Heck, I think every game I have ever played with valuable collectibles has some way to separate them and this game certainly has less useful features lol. I am disappointed to hear that the site owner would think so lowly and reply so rudely by basically calling a kid's idea stupid. Especially about an idea that is honestly fair and well intentioned. I am even more disappointed at the lack of sympathy from individuals who apparently have never made a mistake in their lives ^^; Children play on this game also and when I was a kid losing a single shiny would be devastating because I hardly had the time and resources. heck as an adult its not much different lol. Example of "normal" special sprite: Edit to add: Most users happily return lost pokemon to the OG person too so unless you are hoping to prey on people's mistakes to keep the shelter stocked with interesting things.. it's just saving the same specials with less steps.
[Avatar by Cryst. Character design by Hime.] [Formerly KikiLink, please call me Arcite or Seiya.]
hybenti's Avatarhybenti
Agreed completely with the user above me. I support this and I think comments made in disagreement are not only baseless, but unnecessarily dismissive and rude. i find it funny how often "this is a site for children!" is paraded around, and yet when said children ask for accomodations and help they are treated like fools. ALSO "this isnt useful to me" is not an appropriate reason to disagree with this. Just because something will not be of use to you does not mean it is useless to everyone and should not exist. "How did you release something that important to you?" ppl have different brains that work differently than yours does.
Icon drawn by me
Miss Hades's AvatarMiss Hades
The screenshot Arcite posted is mine, and it's not the first one, just one of many. I've released dozens of deltas I never got back for the same reason - they don't have the same mobile indicators, and nearly an albino because I accidentally dropped it in the wrong field and the sprite displays without notation. I'm lucky they weren't completely cherished pokes but the point is there - it could have been avoided. It takes a second to exp lock a poke and I sure never accidentally unlock those, why would a protection lock be any different? I recently came back to enjoy this game with friends, and I have enjoyed it, but skimming suggestions, and seeing how people are responded to is honestly appalling sometimes. Why I don't bother with the forums. I've seen mention on prior posts and discussions that the community can be pushy and dogpile but you craft a community based on how you treat your members, and it's unfortunate that you can't agree to disagree in a gentler way sometimes, even if a feature is not worth addressing. I get that some aren't, I get that there ware silly questions, but as the above users mentioned some of these players are children who are still learning. Not to mention this being a very valid concern among many of us. Off topic rant aside I fully support this suggestion I've spent hours not only for myself but for others trying to track down accidentally sheltered pokes because of improper displays and you may not think so but I do think that not only myself and my friends, but plenty of members too are competent enough to not 'accidentally unlock and release' special pokes that we intentionally locked to avoid this very reason. Especially when there are, as said, exo locks in place already that sure don't seem to mbe accidentally unlocked on the daily.
BearlyZeke's AvatarBearlyZeke
I fully support this suggestion. EXP Lock is set under a menu, I'm really not sure how you accidentally Unlock them considering on PC and mobile display, there's LOCKED on their EXP bar. And then there isn't. I don't understand how people are so against a simple feature? Either add an account lock, add a field lock, or add a pop-up that states "There is a special being released! ARE YOU SURE?" I don't see any issues here.
1525/28/14/2 -~-~- Highlight rare genders in the Shelter with THIS code! ♥ -~-~-
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
bump
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
bump
HarmonyWren07's AvatarHarmonyWren07
BUMP 🙂 And I'm in total agreement with the OP and several other members on here. Having a way to mark our special mons would go a long way to preventing accidental releases and give us the players ways to protect the Pokemon we worked hard on obtaining.
❀🐍Chrissie|She/Her|41Straight|🏳️‍🌈ALLY🦡✿ ✩‧₊I am an Introvert who suffers from severe PTSD, Anxiety&Depression and ADHD. DMs are welcome. I'm very socially shy so I may not answer right away. Be Patient Please.✩‧₊ Pet's name: Irvine Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie! ⛔Image is By Minjoo. She drew it as a request for me.https://pokefarm.com/user/Minjoo⛔️
Enbees's AvatarEnbees
Not only am I in full support of this, but I absolutely appreciate the input of others pointing out the attitudes in responses, because many of the responses to this suggestion highlight a problem I've seen with a lot of suggestion responses on this site.

Hidebox for small "rant"

People seem to have a sense of elitism when it comes to quality of life upgrade suggestions. As in "I don't need this, so nobody should have it" and "if you make a mistake, it's your fault and you shouldn't be helped." I won't name a specific other suggestion I've seen this with, but it was one that would greatly benefit me, due to circumstances I literally cannot control, and it was turned down for the same reason this was. Basically, "if you don't notice this, this won't help" and/or "if you don't notice, it's your own fault, so you shouldn't be helped." When I, as well as others, knew it would help us. Someone else even made CSS that effectively did something similar to the suggestion in order to help those who needed it. And don't get me wrong, I have no problem with suggestions being rejected or lacking support, but there is a tendency for those who make minor QOL suggestions to be treated like they're, for lack of a better term, stupid, for doing something that would make them want that feature in the first place. It's rather demeaning, especially to those of us who cannot help the things that make those suggestions helpful to us. It also feels relatively demeaning to be told that something we know would help us wouldn't help us. Most people aren't going to make a suggestion if they know it won't help them. It feels more condescending than anything else to be told it won't help, like we're children who don't know ourselves. I think it would be nice if more people were more considerate of other's reasons for wanting something, and compared them to the potential downsides instead of simply telling others that their reasoning isn't valid, because they themselves don't need it. (Or outright insulting them.)
But back on the topic of this particular suggestion, while I haven't accidentally released a pokemon yet (that I'm aware of lol), I'm a very anxious person, and I have memory issues, so knowing that it wouldn't be able to happen at all would be very reassuring. I also, frankly, don't see a downside to it. As others have suggested, it would be more or less equivalent to EXP lock, which is not mandatory at all and while it isn't useful to everyone, it's helpful to those that use it!
Current Type Race score = 5831
Saving for Memory Stick!
532/200
All art by me.
vanillafog's Avatarvanillafog
I also think this suggestion is a good idea. As another user stated, this is a standard feature in mobile gacha games; I was surprised to learn that it wasn't in this game already. I've never heard of anyone accidentally unlocking and releasing a gacha character they had locked - it's much harder to do that than to mass-release a field that you accidentally put the wrong Pokémon into. (And it's easy to swipe a Pokémon into the wrong field by accident on mobile.) It wouldn't add any extra steps to releasing Pokémon you want to release, because you wouldn't lock those in the first place. From a QoL perspective, it's all upside, no downside. A tangentially related consideration: I think two confirmation pop-ups when you try to release a single pokemon is excessive, especially considering that you only get one when mass-releasing. A way to lock pokemon would address the same problem the second pop-up is designed to address, reducing the chances of accidentally releasing a pokemon, in a way that adds fewer extra steps to the release process. Personally, I would prefer being able to lock individual Pokemon over something like a warning when you try to release specials, because regular Pokémon can be important too, whether they're in breeding pairs or just have sentimental value. There are no special sprites or icons to make them stand out on the mass-release screen. Giving them an item to hold is a way around this (one that I'm going to start doing), but it's the same kind of neat trick as giving your pokeradar to a Pokémon in order to break your Shiny chain: most people won't think of it on their own.

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page