PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Being able to lock Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12345

POLL: Would you enjoy the feature

Total votes: 110

You must be logged in to vote.

dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
hello, i think being able to lock pokemon would be super helpful! the tool would implement a lock which would make it to where pokemon could not be released to the shelter when the lock is turned on! this would prevent your precious mons from accidently slipping out of your hands when trying to clear out fields by mass releasing i just think it would save a lot of emotional stress from advid collectors like myself ^-^
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
If you can "accidentally" release a Pokémon that is valuable to you, then you can also "accidentally" unlock and release them. This suggestion has been made before, and it is trying to fix the problem from the wrong end of the stick. It's similar to (but not as silly as) the suggestion we had some time ago to put a confirmation popup on a confirmation popup. It will just annoy people almost every time, and won't stop moments of distraction from happening anyway. Instead I must ask: how exactly did you accidentally release something important? Perhaps a solution can be found to prevent it even being possible in the first place?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

If you can "accidentally" release a Pokémon that is valuable to you, then you can also "accidentally" unlock and release them. This suggestion has been made before, and it is trying to fix the problem from the wrong end of the stick. It's similar to (but not as silly as) the suggestion we had some time ago to put a confirmation popup on a confirmation popup. It will just annoy people almost every time, and won't stop moments of distraction from happening anyway. Instead I must ask: how exactly did you accidentally release something important? Perhaps a solution can be found to prevent it even being possible in the first place?
it occured from me being on autopilot and placing it into my sorting field which essentially means release field i think something could happen along the lines of when you go to release an account locked mon and it tells you that you will not get it back. maybe a popup or the already existing popup telling you theres a mon other than a regular in the selection that your about to release?
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
I've dragged Pokemon into fields from my party by mistake before because sometimes when I scroll on mobile, it drags the last party member into the active field instead. I've never lost anything really important that way, but it's not always obvious I've made the mistake: for example, if I'm raising up a breeding pair to level 50, and drop it in the release field, they have regular sprites so if they're not holding anything and not currently in the daycare it would be hard to tell at a glance. If a release lock was added, I think it should work as if the Pokemon was busy (daycare, scour, etc) or too new. In the mass release menu, it would just give the generic "# Pokemon could not be released and are still in your field" message. In the individual's 3-line menu, the release option would be grayed out, with the reason text being "Locked" or similar. Since I imagine most mistakes are made in the mass release menu, having the release lock be on the individual menu like XP lock etc, would be far more effective than extra popups etc on the fields page. I'm sure people will still lose stuff by mistake. Most likely by never setting the lock, or by thinking it's on when it's off (complacency). But on average I'm inclined to believe it could help? Other thoughts: I think release lock should also prevent wonder trading if possible, but not regular trading. It should persist across trades, similar to XP lock, so people who are borrowing for dex trades etc are less likely to make mistakes. It's embarrassing, but when I was sick once I almost wonder traded something I was dexing. I can't even say what my brain was doing but yeah orz (ETA: I suppose I should mention that I'm still waffling about exclusion options for the QoL select all menu, so it won't auto-select shinies etc, but that won't fix my breeding pair example above, and while less common I do think people have made this mistake without QoL too...)
Flapple's AvatarFlapple
I think this could be an easy and helpful suggestion for some people It's possible to accidentally release a pokemon when mass releasing (pokemon go has the favorite function for this reason) and i cannot forsee the situation where someone accidentally goes to their pokemons farm page, accidentally clicks the drop down, and accidentally hits "unlock" and "release" in that order. There is already a lock on certain special pokemon, I don't see why it would be such a big deal to implement it as an option for other pokemon since it's already a function on the site. The only thing is that I can foresee this not being used AS much due to a lot of dex trading and constanty locking/unlocking pokemon youre hatching and trading (if you plan on that) could get really annoying. Theres a great community here who are always willing to help lost shelter releases as well, I've seen it the few times its occurred so even if it gets accidentally released it'll find its way home (hopefully) :) The only thing I can think of aside from "lock" is a "Favorite pokemon" option (similar to pokemon go) but I think that would just fall into putting them in a special field rather than any site implementations.
by ruevex
🍎Journal🍎 icon by magsimillion
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
We have all accidentally released things to the Shelter, but not because of the game mechanics. If you're not paying attention, that's your own fault. If your fields are disorganised and you're putting pokemon you cherish or want to keep, in a field that you're also putting things to mass release into, that's your own fault. If you really care about something, you would take all your own measures to keep them safe such as; triple checking the names of pokemon before selecting them to be released, giving them any random item to hold so it shows up on the mass release bit and hopefully draws your attention to it enough to not release it, checking for special star icons or bulb icons or delta icons before mass releasing, having dedicated Safe fields that you never release from/dump fields you only release from, and keep them organised appropriately. I honestly don't see the need for another function. I would use a lock type function if it was there, as I have released many things I wanted to keep, but I think it's unnecessary to keep things safe in your fields when you can just be more aware and careful with how you use what we already have.
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 0
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,345,887
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,783,860
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
mushrooms's Avatarmushrooms
I think this would be a nice feature to have because it's different from a confirmation. you would have to manually go into the Pokemon's drop-down options to lock/unlock unlike a simple popup. I've accidentally dragged my breeding pairs from my party into my release fields multiple times and the only thing that kept me from releasing them was the everstones that showed up in the mass release menu. not everyone nature breeds so I think a lock feature could be useful in situations like these. everyone makes mistakes and this could prevent accidental releases and having to make a thread in the forums for help (which I've seen multiple times).
~♡♡♡ ♡♡♡~
grune's Avatargrune
I would like this feature, specifically as a mobile player. I can't count the times that I've dropped my phone, or had hand tremors due to disability that caused whatever I was holding to move somewhere completely different. I've accidentally evolved Pokemon trying to put an everstone on them, and sent others into trades (which I thankfully was able to catch before hitting send). Pokemon already have blue account locks. There could be red ones for Pokemon that aren't PF1 related. I would like this a lot, as it would be optional and people who don't want or need it don't have to use it.
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
bump
Axolotlovers's AvatarAxolotlovers
Theres 2 pop ups. If you screw up its your fault.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⡤⠤⠤⠤⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢴⠋⠙⠳⣤⡀⣠⠖⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓⠤⡀⣠⡴⠟⠛⣷⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠈⠳⢤⣀⢈⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢏⣀⣠⡴⠋⠀⠀ ⢀⣠⣤⣄⣄⣉⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣇⣡⣤⡴⣦⣀ ⢹⣅⡀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡏⠁⠀⢀⣠⠏ ⠀⠈⠙⠉⢋⣉⣇⠀⠀⣾⣷⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢴⣿⡆⠀⢀⣿⡙⠋⠋⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢤⠶⠋⠉⢈⣦⡀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⣠⣎⠈⠉⠛⢷⡀⠀ ⠀⠀⠻⣤⣤⠶⠋⠀⠈⠑⠠⠄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠤⠐⠉⠀⠈⠻⠶⠖⠶⠃⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠃⠤⡀⠀⡠⠤⢱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡎⠀⠉⠁⠀⠉⠉⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⢀⠤⡀⠀⡠⢄⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠢⣀⣀⣀⣈⡠⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡌⡇⠀⣎⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢡⡇⣸⠜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠓⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page