PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Being able to lock Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Being able to lock Pokemon >

Enbees's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEnbees
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
Not only am I in full support of this, but I absolutely appreciate the input of others pointing out the attitudes in responses, because many of the responses to this suggestion highlight a problem I've seen with a lot of suggestion responses on this site.

Hidebox for small "rant"

People seem to have a sense of elitism when it comes to quality of life upgrade suggestions. As in "I don't need this, so nobody should have it" and "if you make a mistake, it's your fault and you shouldn't be helped." I won't name a specific other suggestion I've seen this with, but it was one that would greatly benefit me, due to circumstances I literally cannot control, and it was turned down for the same reason this was. Basically, "if you don't notice this, this won't help" and/or "if you don't notice, it's your own fault, so you shouldn't be helped." When I, as well as others, knew it would help us. Someone else even made CSS that effectively did something similar to the suggestion in order to help those who needed it. And don't get me wrong, I have no problem with suggestions being rejected or lacking support, but there is a tendency for those who make minor QOL suggestions to be treated like they're, for lack of a better term, stupid, for doing something that would make them want that feature in the first place. It's rather demeaning, especially to those of us who cannot help the things that make those suggestions helpful to us. It also feels relatively demeaning to be told that something we know would help us wouldn't help us. Most people aren't going to make a suggestion if they know it won't help them. It feels more condescending than anything else to be told it won't help, like we're children who don't know ourselves. I think it would be nice if more people were more considerate of other's reasons for wanting something, and compared them to the potential downsides instead of simply telling others that their reasoning isn't valid, because they themselves don't need it. (Or outright insulting them.)
But back on the topic of this particular suggestion, while I haven't accidentally released a pokemon yet (that I'm aware of lol), I'm a very anxious person, and I have memory issues, so knowing that it wouldn't be able to happen at all would be very reassuring. I also, frankly, don't see a downside to it. As others have suggested, it would be more or less equivalent to EXP lock, which is not mandatory at all and while it isn't useful to everyone, it's helpful to those that use it!
psychic.png Current Type Race score = 0 psychic.png
Saving for Memory Stick!
798/200
All art by me.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page