PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Tournaments Season 28

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123

arbor's Avatararbor

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Goatlady

Sorry to say, but that's just how it works now. It was different before the changes, when you got a random egg from all the possible eggs out there every refresh.
I'm fairly sure that's one part of the code I didn't change. The "shiny chain gives chance of finding the egg" thing does not make use of the partitioning system at all, so that works as it always did.
I’ve actually noticed the same problem as Goatlady and I recall seeing a bug or help forum thread about this awhile ago where many other people expressed similar sentiments. The same egg shows over and over until you adopt it (I know it’s the same egg because the link color changes, breeding time is the same etc). I think we all just assumed it was due to the new shelter partitioning system. Is it possible there’s something else causing this?
arbor ☼ journal: 40 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The code is just "if the user has a chain and the random chance triggers, then get the first egg of that species it can find". Nothing special there. Although, as performance has improved, maybe I can make it pick a random one of the relevant species...? I presume that's an update people want?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The code is just "if the user has a chain and the random chance triggers, then get the first egg of that species it can find". Nothing special there. Although, as performance has improved, maybe I can make it pick a random one of the relevant species...? I presume that's an update people want?
That would be really useful, to those who are nature hunting and during these sorts of tournaments. If it wasn't something you changed on purpose, it's definitely how it's going now and was not this way in the past as I hunted a few Unowns and was able to bypass the problem by refreshing until i got a different unown egg, which I now cannot do. It works as I said and Arbor confirmed it, as have other users I've questioned about it before. Thank you for giving it some thought :)
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 1344
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,350,150
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,820,117
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The code itself never changed, but it does loosely translate to "just give me one, I don't care what it is." It's possible that in the server migration, we ended up with a slightly different version of the database software that handles such vagueness more consistently than you were used to.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page