PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Kalos Recolours

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 40414243444546

dumbdog's Avatarhypermode-12.pngdumbdog
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
remember to save the old colors through dress up guys!!
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @Lame4u
I may have missed it, but do we know if Sylveon is getting an update or not? I've love to see some color tweaks and a refreshed pose on it, but noticed that it was skipped over. Is that because Sylveon is sorted into Kanto on-site for Eevee?
Us weirdos have to stick together! Team Inferno Overdrive for June:
Score: 2056
Icon credit to Kattling on DeviantArt
Shazi's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShazi
supermod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png

QUOTE originally posted by KitsuneofDreams

I may have missed it, but do we know if Sylveon is getting an update or not? I've love to see some color tweaks and a refreshed pose on it, but noticed that it was skipped over. Is that because Sylveon is sorted into Kanto on-site for Eevee?
Sylveon will not be getting checks, for PFQ it's considered part of Kanto and was done way back when we did the kanto recolour updates
496 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

Sylveon will not be getting checks, for PFQ it's considered part of Kanto and was done way back when we did the kanto recolour updates
Aw, bummer. Thank you for the answer though, Shazi!
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch
complete.pngb+.png
I'm suprised the Melan Amaura line still looks almost the exact same after the amount of uproar that was over it. I feel the major complaint over Amaura was that the vibrancy of the original sprite was lost with the recolor. And the switch from purple to a different color palate. Which in my opinion, for a gemstone pokemon, purple for the melan just makes sense in my mind, but just my opinion. The current sprite still feels dull. I think it's because the stomach is not very contrasted from the skin like in the original, as well as both colors on the skin being very muted. It make's everything just look very muddled and kind of combines all the little details of the sprite into one blob in my mind.

just the sprites for reference

I'm trying to not suggest adding purple because I know that's not what the staff wants to hear, they seem pretty set on whatever palate they are going for, though I still think making the gills/stomach/toes purple or just making the gems brighter would be beautiful. Maybe making the gills the same color as the stomach/toes? and switching the color from the current stomach to the main skin while upping the saturation of the gems just so they are most distinguishable? I'm not sure if it is a common census, but another reason I liked the old sprite so much was because of how dark the melan was (Made the stomach contrast more as well). This current melan is a lightish grey, which is not an issue but I think a lot of frustration with this melan could be solved with the stomach color changing. Sorry if I'm rambling in my post, I'm just trying to post constructive criticism. There's also a possiblity that this change would not work because it might need to call for a recolor of the other specials, but I'm not sure it would need to? Edit: I would also say I am very happy with how clean the line work is compared to the original, and I love the current design, I just wish the melan was less muddy second edit:

example of what I am talking about, I don't have access to any decent art program so it is very rough, but this is what I mean (I would have raised the brightness of the gems, but again, free browser art program with limited zoom)

• My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
JUSTICEBEETLE's Avatarhypermode-12.pngJUSTICEBEETLE
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngsss.png
Personally I think their new update to it is pretty nice the pink is a lot better than the orange :D
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal normal.png TYPE RACE SCORE: 7,183 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
I would like to echo the above few things. I think the most recent iteration is the best one since the revamp happened! I do think a lot of contrast was lost and it's making the colors all feel a little muddied and missing the "pop" from the original. I think simply adjusting the gem colors to go with the aurora colors would do a lot to help with this.
Axolotlovers's AvatarAxolotlovers
elite.pnge.png

QUOTE originally posted by GhostPuppy

remember to save the old colors through dress up guys!!
I saved my regular noibat.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⡤⠤⠤⠤⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢴⠋⠙⠳⣤⡀⣠⠖⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓⠤⡀⣠⡴⠟⠛⣷⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠈⠳⢤⣀⢈⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢏⣀⣠⡴⠋⠀⠀ ⢀⣠⣤⣄⣄⣉⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣇⣡⣤⡴⣦⣀ ⢹⣅⡀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡏⠁⠀⢀⣠⠏ ⠀⠈⠙⠉⢋⣉⣇⠀⠀⣾⣷⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢴⣿⡆⠀⢀⣿⡙⠋⠋⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢤⠶⠋⠉⢈⣦⡀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⣠⣎⠈⠉⠛⢷⡀⠀ ⠀⠀⠻⣤⣤⠶⠋⠀⠈⠑⠠⠄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠤⠐⠉⠀⠈⠻⠶⠖⠶⠃⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠃⠤⡀⠀⡠⠤⢱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡎⠀⠉⠁⠀⠉⠉⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⢀⠤⡀⠀⡠⢄⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠢⣀⣀⣀⣈⡠⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡌⡇⠀⣎⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢡⡇⣸⠜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠓⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Loey Like's AvatarLoey Like
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I think the newest version of the melan amaura (edit, I meant aurorus, I was tired when I wrote this) is better than the other recolor attempts, though still not as good as the one before recolors. I do agree that even giving the gemstones some glimmer or something, maybe changing to a lighter color would help a lot. Also I feel like the skin color and belly color don't go that well together. The whole thing did loose a lot of "pop" but maybe that's because the brighter colors contrasted so much with the darker ones in the original. I think it would look great if the belly were similar to the blue color on the inner part of the gills and then have the gems look closer to the outside gills color. But I know you can't do exactly that because of color math. I understand you guys are working really hard at this and it's been a rough road but we appreciate you listening to us and considering our feedback :)
All of my fields are UFT except the ones that say NUFT you can PM me if I don't have a thread up :) Avatar from advent calendar
Shazi's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShazi
supermod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png
My apologies to everyone, there have been some delays with the final wave of Kalos. We are hoping to have it finished very soon so we can wrap up Kalos completely! I will keep you updated and let you know once they are ready

Pages: 123··· 40414243444546

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page