PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Kalos Recolours

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Kalos Recolours >

PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch
complete.pngb+.png
I'm suprised the Melan Amaura line still looks almost the exact same after the amount of uproar that was over it. I feel the major complaint over Amaura was that the vibrancy of the original sprite was lost with the recolor. And the switch from purple to a different color palate. Which in my opinion, for a gemstone pokemon, purple for the melan just makes sense in my mind, but just my opinion. The current sprite still feels dull. I think it's because the stomach is not very contrasted from the skin like in the original, as well as both colors on the skin being very muted. It make's everything just look very muddled and kind of combines all the little details of the sprite into one blob in my mind.

just the sprites for reference

I'm trying to not suggest adding purple because I know that's not what the staff wants to hear, they seem pretty set on whatever palate they are going for, though I still think making the gills/stomach/toes purple or just making the gems brighter would be beautiful. Maybe making the gills the same color as the stomach/toes? and switching the color from the current stomach to the main skin while upping the saturation of the gems just so they are most distinguishable? I'm not sure if it is a common census, but another reason I liked the old sprite so much was because of how dark the melan was (Made the stomach contrast more as well). This current melan is a lightish grey, which is not an issue but I think a lot of frustration with this melan could be solved with the stomach color changing. Sorry if I'm rambling in my post, I'm just trying to post constructive criticism. There's also a possiblity that this change would not work because it might need to call for a recolor of the other specials, but I'm not sure it would need to? Edit: I would also say I am very happy with how clean the line work is compared to the original, and I love the current design, I just wish the melan was less muddy second edit:

example of what I am talking about, I don't have access to any decent art program so it is very rough, but this is what I mean (I would have raised the brightness of the gems, but again, free browser art program with limited zoom)

• My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page