PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Adjustment to Bonus Counters

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 8910

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Hello - Garth hijacking the OP here to just get this seen, I apologise for the additional ping. Take care of yourself and have a lovely day. Link to final post

Original Announcement

Update: I went to have lunch and decided I was unhappy with the harshness of the Ravyne change, so it's been tweaked again. Uzumi: This counter doesn't quite activate as often as it ought to, and when it does, it is underwhelming.
Target:
Reward:
10-50%
40-90%
For clarity: when Uzumi's Bonus is active, the percentage shown is the odds that the reward you find gets bumped up a tier. So "nothing" gets bumped up to "berry", and so on. Ravyne: We all love Gems, but this bonus was activating a little too often and also feels a little too powerful. Update: Over lunch I realised that the change was... not great. With only two options, it had no room for variance.
Target:
Reward:
x2-x4
×2-×3
×1.5-×3.5
I have added the ability for "fractional gems" being a chance of getting an extra one. So ×2.5 would give you two gems, plus a 50% chance of a third. This has allowed me to broaden the range of the bonus, keeping the new average at ×2.5 like I wanted, but now with more values to play with and the potential for more. Or less. But mostly more. Shazi: Shelter Adoptions have naturally been on the rise as more players join the game and more hunters actively use the Shelter. I do feel like it's a little too powerful, but the target is going up by a fair amount so I reckon that's reasonably balanced.
Target:
Reward: unchanged
×1.5-×3
As with all balance changes, I'll be keeping an eye on things to see if they need further tweaking, but for now this should keep things from getting too out of control. The bonus counters may not immediately reflect these changes, it may take a little while for the system to "notice" things have changed, but they'll automatically update within an hour.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
CBC22's AvatarCBC22
Interesting. We'll have to see how much this affects matters. I hope we can find the sweet spot for balancing things, though I never really had any complaints about any of the counters. That's likely from me not paying enough attention, though.
PFP created by me.
x-Autumn-x's Avatarx-Autumn-x
Wow, thanks Niet~ 2nd post?!
🏳️‍🌈 Female | She/Her 🏳️‍🌈 🍁 Journal 🍂 Score: 0
credit
Background // Bi Flag TR Banner // KorpusKat F2U code // Gumshoe
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
These seem like fair and reasonable adjustments, Uzumi was def one of those counters that needed a buff because I can never tell the difference when it's on, if anything, I'd have better luck the day after :P Another thing, I'm wondering if there is a possibility to make Ravyne's x3.5 counter to be an exclusive thing for MCW/Superb Saturday then? Not meaning it's a guarantee, but just a possibility for only those days?
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
kingtheory's Avatarkingtheory
As much as I'm gem-hungry, the change seems fine to me. Also, thank you for adjusting Uzumi's bonus. Last two times it was active, I didn't notice the difference in Scour returns and even thought "does this actually do much?"
icon art by simonetry
TYPE RACE score: 0
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova
Some negative: I honestly don't see people being more active... Maybe only because advent calendar now some people log in more often... I remember times when bonuses (at current level) were more often than now... Some positive: Changes on Uzumi looks ok. To be honest it is worst bonus counter... I get tons of berries during uzumi, not treasure boxes. Maybe now it will be better? And chance of finding 2-3 gems instead of 2-4? It looks good, maybe gems can get a little more alue now.
Avatar made by deliciousbread for me
Zorana Dragon's AvatarZorana Dragon
Thanks for letting us know about these changes! Having an earlier (a day or two) notice would have been a bit nicer, though it's not something ridiculously big (At least in my opinion) so I'm not that bothered by the lack of early notice Really excited about the increased Uzumi boosts! I've been using the scours as my main way to get credits as of late so it's nice to get more things to sell. The gem boost debuff makes sense, same with the shelter boost requirements being increased.
Zorana • 20 • He/They/She • Avatar by me • TR Score: 0 Please don't quote my replies that have code, it'll break them. Journal
Loghrif's AvatarLoghrif
I don't have much comment on the other two but the Uzumi change seems very nice, I've not played here for super long admittedly but I didn't see much difference between scours with bonus or without. Looking forward to seeing it in action!
Pokemon Pinball Sprite
Ozprey's AvatarOzprey
to be honest i didn't ever notice any discernable difference from the uzumi counter, so I'm happy that i might be in the future. I only ever go over my shelter cap occasionally on a type race, so i don't really mind so much that it's being debuffed. and for my gemwish badges i need so many gems that the bonuses don't give it much of a boost anyway, whether its an extra nine or an extra twelve gems so it's also not really a problem for me that it's changed. gems is gems.
profile and shop images by me
Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
I'm going to be completely honest here... I don't see the activity on this site increasing at all (But I should trust the owner to have more insight on that). Shazi and Uzumi are decent as far as I can tell, I am not too bothered by this tbh. But Ravyne changing is an absolute kick in the teeth in my eyes? Not only is the bonus counter 500k now before you get a day, you also get less gems. Aka less reward for more work. Where Uzumi and Shazi basically give a bonus Ravyne just doesn't seem worth it now to me? Not to mention Gems will most likely be more expensive to buy, changing the market once again (which was reasonable before) Anyway we'll have to see ofcourse how it goes and again its not bad, just feel Ravyne is nerfed a little too much 😅
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only

Pages: 123··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page