PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Fix Skin Editing

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

doctormorbid's Avatardoctormorbid
Introduction This is in relation to this suggestion surrounding skin deletion as it reminded me about how broken the current skin editing section is. There are a few things I'd like to touch on about it, so here we go!
Editing Issues Once a skin is made, it gives you the option to go back in and edit the skin you've made, however when you save the edits it does not apply the changes, so to get it to work you have to make an entirely new skin- copy pasting everything over- which is arduous to say the least. I personally have built up 12 custom skins, and out of those, only 2 of them are in use. The rest are drafts, which I cannot get rid of.
Adjustments A couple of little things I'd like to see added are the ability to rename a skin, and a preview/editing section of progress bar colours as it's a major part of the site but still currently has to be edited through css- which not everyone knows how to work with. Additionally, once again I'll link to here about the ability to delete skins. I've suggested there about the ability to duplicate skins to prevent the loss of a skin someone else made, plus it would make general edits of new similar skins easier.
If there's anything else you'd like to add, or if I'm just being silly and the editing issue is only on my end, please let me know!
『 icon from mindhack 』
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Editing should work, but files are aggressively cached on PFQ, so you may need to adjust accordingly. That being said, the Skin system is admittedly very underdeveloped... I'll need to look into options there.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
ah, so perhaps just clear my cache and the edits should work..? and thank you for the response! im happy to iron anything out with you if you'd like to discuss things :0
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Yes, you usually need to clear your cache for skin updates to show (it's usually Ctrl+F5, but you can look up how to do so on your device/browser). Otherwise, you have to wait for the cache to update itself, which can take some time. I'd personally love the "preview" feature expanded to include things like links on title backgrounds. More options for editing the skin via the menu instead of having to use CSS would be neat too!
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
ah, that's a very helpful tip, tysm! and yes- those would be great additions! the preview does need a little expanding

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page