PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Split Ubercharm into S/A or Melan Boost

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 1234

flürrawr's Avatarflürrawr

Original Post

Seeing as there's no actual place to discuss this (which, it's a huge change, I would think a feedback thread would be helpful), I guess I'll just say it here. The Ubercharm update has made the site downright unplayable for anyone who isn't melan hunting. S/A rates did not need another nerf. They were already a pain to hunt after the first nerf, and now it's becoming ridiculous. S/A were selling steadily at DP price, so long as they were an in-demand mon, especially for nature collectors. The melan market is the one that has been suffering because fewer people collect melans - they only sell if it's a popular mon or as DP. I can't be the only one noticing the absurd number of melans on the hatching thread and in the sale forums. Their prices have fallen dramatically because there are too many and nobody wants them. This is the exact thing that staff were trying to avoid years ago when there was a push for changing the rates, so I really don't understand what's changed. Just as a personal example, I have been mostly-passively building a Purrloin chain for months. Since it was 5k chain and there was a 15 Sei day, I activated full boosts, including a Z-Crystal. It took only a few parties to hatch a melan, so I broke that chain and started a new dark-type. I hatched a 1/25 shiny (??) and nothing else. I'm now 400 into this chain with that one single special. No albinos at all. If you're looking to get an S/A line, you're now looking at hundreds of eggs and multiple days just to get 2 - 5 of each special. And at that rate, you'll probably get a melan instead. And yeah, that's just one example, you can say it's bad RNG, but I know I'm not the only one who can't hatch any specials now. I honestly just don't want to play anymore because hatching party after party of no sparkles with full boosts is ridiculous. So, I guess my actual proposal is either: - Revert the change completely back to the old functionality - Split the Ubercharm to have two possibilities - either boost S/A rates or melan rates, but never at the same time. This could also potentially be a separate item that is mutually exclusive with the Ubercharm Pros: - Less melans being hatched/sold to stop their prices from dropping - S/A hunters have the option to boost their hunts without it also boosting melan rates futher - Feel free to add Cons: - The length of the Ubercharm would make it annoying if you want to switch between melan or S/A hunting - If the feedback on this suggestion favors more adding a new item/option rather than completely reverting the change, then the actual semantics of the length and such should certainly be discussed. - Feel free to add At this point I'd really like to hear other's thoughts on the change, because I've seen quite a few negative responses in trainer cards so I know it can't just be me. I understand that a large portion of this site is dedicated to melan hunting, but making S/A a nightmare to get isn't fixing anything. I may have some thoughts on how to fix things if I understood the problem in the first place, but I honestly just don't.
With the ongoing updates to S/A rates being completely centered around melan hunters, and as a frustrated S/A hunter, I want to propose a middle-ground for both groups. The problem with the oversaturation of S/A is because melan hunters produce so many that they don't want that they eventually become worthless. I understand that this is the problem. However, not everybody on the site is melan hunting, and nobody seems to be considering that. The Ubercharm used to be a universal item for S/A and melan hunters. When it was changed, the assumption was made that anybody with an Ubercharm active was melan hunting. Anyone on an S/A hunt with one just got screwed. The rates in the new news post may sound reasonable at first, but if you're saying shiny rates are 1/100, that's an entire Star Pass for one special, multiple days for the line, and if god forbid you're nature hunting? Good luck. With all this said, I think the compromise is to allow users to choose boosted S/A rates or boosted melan rates. S/A hunters are NOT the ones causing the problem, and nerfing S/A rates once again is not the answer. So I suppose the next question is how this should all work, which I would certainly like some feedback on! The functionality for both charm types already exists, but some things like duration would need to be considered, since it may become annoying if you're looking to switch hunts. An S/A boost item would likely be shorter-term, as the hunts are. This would also deter people from overproducing S/A. Cost is another factor to consider. Again, I'd love to hear input from others! EDIT: Here's a breakdown of what exactly I'm thinking for the charms: S/A Charm: - Boosts S/A chances around the same as old Uber rates - Shorter-term item (not sure on exact duration? depends on the rates I suppose) - Cheaper than Melan Charm (any cost ideas?) - Disables the user's Long Chain Bonus - this is a potential solution I thought of for the con of melan hunters using the charm as well Melan Charm: - Boosts melan chances as the new Uber does (with lowered rates/whatever the final rates end up being - Longer-term item - can maintain the 28 day period (or be adjusted?) - More expensive than S/A charm (again, not sure on exact cost) - Still uses the Long Chain Bonus Pros: - S/A hunters can continue to play without constantly being affected by melan hunting issues - Melan hunters can get melans faster without producing unwanted S/A Cons: - S/A rates directly influence melan rates I understand this, but I don't see how it's a problem. The goal is not to completely block S/A hunters from getting melans, it's to stop melan hunters from flooding the market. The "melan boost" already exists in the new charm, I'm simply suggesting we have both the old functionality and the new functionality, but have them mutually exclusive. - People could still use the old Ubercharm to melan hunt/overproduce S/A I guess, but why would you? If you're truly just hunting for a melan, why would you not use the melan boost charm? The idea here is to make it so melan hunters get melans without destroying the S/A market, and S/A hunters get S/A without it taking a week to complete a line. EDIT: Another solution is to set the S/A charm to disable the Long Chain Bonus so it is truly just for S/A. I'm not saying this is a perfect solution, but if the problem is melan hunters producing too many S/A, then this would certainly help. S/A hunters are completely ignored by these rate updates and it's very frustrating. Please add your thoughts, positive or negative, but make sure they are actually useful to the discussion ^^
arbor's Avatararbor
I'm not really a hunter, but I've seen multiple users quit over this and have also noticed the significant decrease in melan prices/increase in melan availability, as well as decrease in shiny supply. I don't have any strong feedback I guess but it's definitely not just you. I've also seen a LOT of people report hatching melans as the first and sometimes even also second "shinies" in their chains, which I never ever saw before this update. I know it could be a case of reporting bias (is that the term??), but it's worth noting. I know that the actual rates are probably not that melans are more common than shinies or albinos now, but it kind of seems that way. Maybe things are changing but I always thought that melans were supposed to be ultra rare, and you should theoretically hatch many many shinies or albinos before you get lucky and get both at the same time, but that doesn't really seem to be the case anymore.
arbor ☼ journal: 0 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
The Uber Changes are personally by far my least favorite thing to happen on site at the time of posting this. I have never been so unmotiviated to play. I think the Melan uber is worth while, but not at the cost of the S/A uber. It would not be bad to have a seperate item but even then the Melan Uber would need to be nerfed a bit (From x8 to x6/x5 maybe) The amount of people getting so many early melans (and just melans in general) is just a lot. As you said the site is filling up with them, and people are not able to sell them as they used to, and are lowering prices in desperation to money to keep their hunts going. I've talked to several people who are struggling with selling melans, and are stating they may have to go without Hypermode because they just are not selling at the old price, and the new price doesn't cover enough stuff. Personally, if another charm for melan boosting was introduced ((and uber charms were reverted back)) you could price it as a 1-day use or more for a bit of a higher price. Most people might only use it on bonus days/weekends anyways (Shazis/Seis/Niet) personally I wouldn't mind paying 50-100zc for a Melan Charm that last 24 hours. That would be a LUXURY item. Not needed to hunt, but would help the hunt quite a bit. If an idea for a charm is a problem, literally calling it a Melan Charm and just making the Uber charm Purple & Black or something would work just fine.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"

QUOTE originally posted by Glacegoss

Personally, if another charm for melan boosting was introduced ((and uber charms were reverted back)) you could price it as a 1-day use or more for a bit of a higher price. Most people might only use it on bonus days/weekends anyways (Shazis/Seis/Niet) personally I wouldn't mind paying 50-100zc for a Melan Charm that last 24 hours. That would be a LUXURY item. Not needed to hunt, but would help the hunt quite a bit
I LOVE this idea! My second charm pitch wasn't really thought out much, it was more a potential compromise if people liked the new charm, so thank you for expanding on it. I think this could work really well as a shorter-term 24 hour item, since most people only break out full boosts for Sei/Niet/Shazi days anyway. Then it could just temporarily disable your Ubercharm boosts for the duration of the Melan Charm if you have one active. The more I think about it, I think splitting up the charms is a good middle road. Like, if I understand correctly, part of the problem is that the site is flooded with unwanted S/A as a result of people's melan hunts. This change may fix that, but it completely ignores anybody not melan hunting. To be blunt, anyone with an Uber active who was S/A hunting just got screwed over. Having separate but mutually exclusive Melan and S/A boosts will cut down on unwanted specials because melan hunters will use the Melan Charm, and S/A hunters can continue their hunts normally. I'm off to work but I'll update the first post when I get home, thanks again for the reply :)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Moroha

Personally, if another charm for melan boosting was introduced ((and uber charms were reverted back)) you could price it as a 1-day use or more for a bit of a higher price. Most people might only use it on bonus days/weekends anyways (Shazis/Seis/Niet) personally I wouldn't mind paying 50-100zc for a Melan Charm that last 24 hours. That would be a LUXURY item. Not needed to hunt, but would help the hunt quite a bit.
So you want me to put it back to how it was, AND add more Melans on top of that? No, I will not be doing that. I may, however, be reducing the effect of the Übercharm. Having done some calculations on the new numbers, it is true that the probability of a Shiny being "upgraded" to Melanistic, assuming max level Radar and Z-Crystal, ranges from 1/7 to 1/3 depending on the Long Chain Bonus. That's a little too high of a chance. Due to the overwhelming complaints of Shinies and Albinos being too prevalent and/or worthless, I will not be boosting their chances much, if at all. Likewise, if Melans are becoming too common, I will lower their odds too. Any suggestion to increase chances is misguided.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

So you want me to put it back to how it was, AND add more Melans on top of that? No, I will not be doing that. I may, however, be reducing the effect of the Übercharm. Having done some calculations on the new numbers, it is true that the probability of a Shiny being "upgraded" to Melanistic, assuming max level Radar and Z-Crystal, ranges from 1/7 to 1/3 depending on the Long Chain Bonus. That's a little too high of a chance. Due to the overwhelming complaints of Shinies and Albinos being too prevalent and/or worthless, I will not be boosting their chances much, if at all. Likewise, if Melans are becoming too common, I will lower their odds too. Any suggestion to increase chances is misguided.
This, in my opinion, is why people hate posting suggestions. You tell us to come here with suggestions, then snap back with a "You're misguided and don't understand things" - when obviously, yeah how are we expected to understand numbers that we do not have access to. I'm sorry but I didn't see a lot of complaining about Shiny/Albino rates and I'm pretty active in threads where people complain. I saw ONE PERSON with a few upvotes mention it, and like 2 or 3 people agreeing or whatever then suddenly the uber was changed. My post was nothing more than a suggestion - I do not think it calls for you telling others they are misguided and don't understand how things work. It's a discussion overall. Whether I understand how things work or not, I am still noticing the effects these things have on the site overall. Can you say the same? I have seen multiple users complaining in Trainer Cards/Discord/Journals/About Me's/ETC - I am not sure of the numbers of users complaining about "too many Shiny/Albinos" but I have seen a lot of users Quitting over/Hating on this Uber change. I said I'd like for it to be put back, yeah. I really would. I hate this charm, but the thing is I'm sure there are people who do like it so it was a SUGGESTION (Is that not what this thread is about? Disucssions and suggestions overall?) So me making that suggestion, was a middle ground. Which is something I wish we could come to other than "I'm not reverting it, I'll nerf it - you're misguided" As a side note, there are things you can do besides reverting the uber overall. Boost Shiny Charm/Pokeradar/Albino radar. Add an 8th upgrade to the Albino Radar is one for example, super expensive or something. If you lower the melan chances of the uber without updating S/A rates, personally I think that will be a mistake.
I'm gonna be real with you Niet, I didn't even want to post this because I knew you'd reject it without even reading it all or even considering it. And you've proven me right.

So you want me to put it back to how it was, AND add more Melans on top of that? No, I will not be doing that.
As I've said multiple times, if the charms are split to S/A and melan, they would be mutually exclusive. So, no, you cannot activate both charms at once.

Due to the overwhelming complaints of Shinies and Albinos being too prevalent and/or worthless, I will not be boosting their chances much, if at all. Likewise, if Melans are becoming too common, I will lower their odds too.
Where? Where are these complaints? I literally have not seen a single person complain about S/A rates since the last nerf. You are repeatedly saying there are "too many S/A" without any actual reasoning. As I said in my main post:

QUOTE originally posted by flürrawr

S/A were selling steadily at DP price, so long as they were an in-demand mon, especially for nature collectors. The melan market is the one that has been suffering because fewer people collect melans - they only sell if it's a popular mon or as DP.]
S/A are only worthless if it's an unpopular mon, bad natures, or bad price. I guarantee you that people, especially nature collectors, consistently purchase S/A at DP price. So that argument isn't true. Any S/A hunter will laugh if you tell them that S/A are too common. The reason S/A are common is because melan hunters accumulate so many in their hunts. Hence, a separate melan charm so melan hunters get melans and S/A hunters get S/A. I understand it isn't that simple since S/A rates directly influence melan rates, but it's a start. I'd love to discuss it further, but it doesn't seem like you're even open to the idea, so why bother, I guess.

Any suggestion to increase chances is misguided.
This is completely unnecessary. If you truly believe that, then I guess dozens of us are. Do you even understand how these nerfs are affecting S/A hunts? Or care? When I first joined the site, albinos were special to hatch and shinies would start coming quick, usually right at chain 40. After the nerf, albinos and shinies are pretty much equal at full boosts, with you getting a first shiny at 80 - 110. If we're to follow that logic, you now need to go 160 - 220 for a single shiny. If you're going for an S/A line of something with a mega, that's 640 - 880 eggs just for the line. Is that the goal? Is that supposed to be the new normal? You're making changes for melan hunters at the expense of S/A hunters. You have said several times before that you don't play the game, don't even like it, yet you're making massive changes to it without even warning/asking the community for feedback. Then when anyone has feedback, you tell us we're wrong. I am a user who has actively S/A and melan hunted and I am telling you this update has made the game unplayable for me. I don't know why you just tell me I'm misguided and leave. At least try to engage in some discussion of rates rather than insulting me.

QUOTE originally posted by Moroha

So me making that suggestion, was a middle ground. Which is something I wish we could come to other than "I'm not reverting it, I'll nerf it - you're misguided"
^^ this. It's impossible to make a suggestion thread without somehow being insulted or passive-aggressively told no. You say you want feedback but clearly only if it's positive. I'm happy to write out more details on a S/A and melan charm system, but if you're just going to throw this in rejected without even listening, then I'm not gonna waste my time.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

So you want me to put it back to how it was, AND add more Melans on top of that? No, I will not be doing that.
As I've said multiple times, if the charms are split to S/A and melan, they would be mutually exclusive. So, no, you cannot activate both charms at once.
I'll point out that your reasoning is mathematically flawed. Melanistic odds are calculated by multiplying Shiny and Albino odds since Melanistics occur when the two overlap. So there's no such thing as "mutually exclusive" mathematically unless you were to divorce Melanistic odds from Shiny/Albino odds. The latter may be something to consider, ie. rolling Melanistic odds completely separate from Shiny/Albino odds.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst

QUOTE originally posted by Corviknight

Not going to get too deep in this dumpster fire, but I'll point out that your reasoning is mathematically flawed. Melanistic odds are calculated by multiplying Shiny and Albino odds since Melanistics occur when the two overlap. So there's no such thing as "mutually exclusive" mathematically unless you were to divorce Melanistic odds from Shiny/Albino odds. The latter may be something to consider, ie. rolling Melanistic odds completely separate from Shiny/Albino odds.

I understand it isn't that simple since S/A rates directly influence melan rates, but it's a start. I'd love to discuss it further, but it doesn't seem like you're even open to the idea, so why bother, I guess.
I am begging people to read my posts in full before replying.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
And I am begging you to be gentler with your attitude if you want people to take you seriously. You're getting angry with the admin because of your initial flawed assumption, and immediately refusing to discuss the topic further because you think you've been slighted. Isn't that all that needs to be said?

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page