PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Guide to CSS: Beginner to Expert

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 123··· 1617181920··· 282930

GrapeJelly's AvatarGrapeJelly
@Mirzam thank you so much it was driving me nuts trying to figure out what that was if it wasn't the border lol. Much appreciated ❤️
  • 🌸

• 🌺

• 🌸

GrapeJelly Grape ~ she/her ~ PhD student ~ local time 07:30
Your local ground type enjoyer on a journey to hatch ground type melans
Ground melans so far: 23 Current hunt: 1/1 0/1
Credits PFP: official artwork from Fire Red/Leaf Green Signature code: me Background: free to use (full credits in about me)
Hello, I'm having trouble making the an image that's the background full size. For example, if I'm on my laptop, the image is about 100% width. However, when I do the testing on my phone, its only about half the width. Is there anyway to make it the same width no matter the device?
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
Yes, you want the background-size properly, on the same block where you set the background image. Cover is my favorite, since it forces the image to fill the entire area without repeating or skewing. But you may need to pair it with background positioning, to control what parts get cropped. https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background-size.php https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_background-position.php .example { background: url("..."); background-size: cover; background-position: center top; }

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

Yes, you want the background-size properly, on the same block where you set the background image. Cover is my favorite, since it forces the image to fill the entire area without repeating or skewing. But you may need to pair it with background positioning, to control what parts get cropped. https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background-size.php https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_background-position.php .example { background: url("..."); background-size: cover; background-position: center top; }
I tried using the code you gave me, and messed with said background-positions, but it just cuts half of it off on my computer now :(

code i used only for that particular block

background-image: url('https://i.postimg.cc/1X4F7hnZ/IMG-0700.jpg'); background-size: cover; background-position: left center; repeat-y: repeat; font-family: 'Mulish';
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
Is this for your current signature or something else? Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like for you? The image you linked is more square, so if you try to fit it into a rectangle using cover you'll get significant cropping. There are ways around this, but I'm not sure if any are really suitable for that specific image. Those options include: setting a secondary background to fill in where the image doesn't cover, altering the image to be more rectangular, or tiling the main image.
Trying to make code for tab and text keep going out box and tab itself going out as well I also need help with centre it and making it so tab box see through so you can see the background (not tab button but box where writing is)

Code

[sc=bg][sc=tabbed_interface horizontal][ul][ ][li][h1]Title[/h1][/li][ ][/ul][/sc] [sc=tabbed_interface horizontal] [ul][ ][li]First Tab[/li][ ][li]Second Tab[/li][ ][li]Third Tab[/li][ ][/ul][ ][sc=tab-active]First Tab Text [/sc][ ][sc=tab]Second Tab Text [/sc][ ][sc=tab]Third Tab Text[/sc][ ][/sc] [/sc] [style] .greenbunny1998 { /* code made by greenbunny1998*/ } .edit { /* image made greenbunny1998*/ } .bg { background-image: url("https://pokefarm.com/upload/:LrK/Template_background_I_made/Bulbasaur/Greenbunny1998_bulbasaur_template.png"); background-size: 100% auto; background-repeat:no-repeat; Box-sizing:border-box; height: 450px; width: 310px; overflow: hidden; } .tabbed_interface { overflow: hidden; background: #52BE80 ; border: none; max-width: 250px; max-height: auto; box-shadow: #145A32; & > ul { background: #52BE80 ; border: auto; green; & > li { overflow: hidden; background: #52BE80 ; padding: 1px; border: auto; green; color: #148F77; &.tab-active { overflow: hidden; background: #52BE80 ; } } & > li:hover { cursor: pointer; } } > .tab, > .tab-active { overflow: hidden; background: #52BE80 ; color: #148F77; padding: 25px; } } [/style]
  • First Tab
  • Second Tab
  • Credit
Feel free to talk to me on these: Chicken Smoothie: Greenbunny1998 Discord: Greenbunny1998 #8985
Code made by Greenbunny1998 Forum Signature Picture is of my cat Coco as a kitten Profile Picture is of my cat Coco

QUOTE originally posted by Greenbunny1998

Trying to make code for tab and text keep going out box and tab itself going out as well I also need help with centre it and making it so tab box see through so you can see the background (not tab button but box where writing is)

Code

[sc=bg][sc=tabbed_interface horizontal][ul][ ][li][h1]Title[/h1][/li][ ][/ul][/sc] [sc=tabbed_interface horizontal] [ul][ ][li]First Tab[/li][ ][li]Second Tab[/li][ ][li]Third Tab[/li][ ][/ul][ ][sc=tab-active]First Tab Text [/sc][ ][sc=tab]Second Tab Text [/sc][ ][sc=tab]Third Tab Text[/sc][ ][/sc] [/sc] [style] .greenbunny1998 { /* code made by greenbunny1998*/ } .edit { /* image made greenbunny1998*/ } .bg { background-image: url("https://pokefarm.com/upload/:LrK/Template_background_I_made/Bulbasaur/Greenbunny1998_bulbasaur_template.png"); background-size: 100% auto; background-repeat:no-repeat; Box-sizing:border-box; height: 450px; width: 310px; overflow: hidden; } .tabbed_interface { overflow: hidden; background: #52BE80 ; border: none; max-width: 250px; max-height: auto; box-shadow: #145A32; & > ul { background: #52BE80 ; border: auto; green; & > li { overflow: hidden; background: #52BE80 ; padding: 1px; border: auto; green; color: #148F77; &.tab-active { overflow: hidden; background: #52BE80 ; } } & > li:hover { cursor: pointer; } } > .tab, > .tab-active { overflow: hidden; background: #52BE80 ; color: #148F77; padding: 25px; } } [/style]
WYDM? The words aren't flowing out of the tab. You mean the boxes in the background?
Yeah tab boxes sorry

like this?

That's an easy fix - just use the margins code. For example, in the .tabbed_interface block, I added margin-left: 30px and margin-top: 10px To make the background see-thru, just add the opacity tag(ex: opacity: 70%), and adjust the percentage as you like(screenshot doesn't have opacity example) EDIT: You need to add the opacity to the same block as the margins(tabbed_interface) srry forgot to mention that
Oh oops silly me I forgot to add margin and thank you so much :D

Pages: 123··· 1617181920··· 282930

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page