PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Tournaments Season 22

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

ova e sum's Avatarova e sum
those eggs look so cool, both honestly look like a volcano would describe them well...
SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
No need to apologize. Expecting a week's break before their values went down, I went ahead and spent/sold/exchanged all my Tokens the day after the last season ended. But I do hope that whatever prevented you from getting to the notice on time has been resolved now, and life's treating you better.
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
Dino Master's AvatarDino Master
The eggs look like a knight and a gold scarab
  • Stuff :P
  • Favorites
  • Other
AHHH! [tableflip] Hi, I like ghosts PM me about trades #dinogang The Dino Theater Journal
Little Army
PFP Art by Dino Master | About Me Template by Esme Type Race Button by Fuchsfee
BeccaCharm's AvatarBeccaCharm
Okay, um, ngl I feel a kinda cheated? I worked hard for those Peridot tokens, and now all of the sudden they're not with anything? With no notice?? It wasn't on my radar that I needed to trade up because nobody told us. I didn't know it was my job to keep up with how many weeks long the season is. I'm really sad.
Sprite made by GnarleyQuinn!
Sprite made by Champion Spectra!
Sprite made by GnarleyQuinn!
'Team Dragon December 2023. Pixel by Zerxus'
Tikru97's AvatarTikru97

QUOTE originally posted by BeccaCharm

Okay, um, ngl I feel a kinda cheated? I worked hard for those Peridot tokens, and now all of the sudden they're not with anything? With no notice?? It wasn't on my radar that I needed to trade up because nobody told us. I didn't know it was my job to keep up with how many weeks long the season is. I'm really sad.
You had 12 weeks to use the tokens. On top of the tournament page it says how many weeks in the tournament is. When the 21st tournament began, I assume you signed up back then, it was mentioned to use the old tokens before the new ones come. The same pattern repeats when every new tournament is introduced.
Chetanzi's AvatarChetanzi
I'm relatively new here so forgive me if this sounds weird. But I'm concerned about the "real life got in the way so this announcement was made a week late" bit. How many mods/admins does this site have? Isn't the point of having multiple mods that if one person gets overwhelmed, the others can step in and help carry the burden? Is Niet the only one allowed to make such announcements? These are all genuine questions, not snark or sarcasm. I have no comment on the tokens becoming unusable (mostly because I'm still figuring out the token system lol). But I am worried about, I guess, the division of labor? If it's overwhelming enough that a regularly-planned announcement is delayed by a week, and that delay negatively affects a lot of players who rely on reminders to enjoy the game fully, then maybe that should be looked at. Like I said, I'm new here so I'm not solid on the hierarchy or technicalities of how things are done. So if I'm misunderstanding something, please let me know.
Accepting Sparring Requests
Prometheus's AvatarPrometheus

QUOTE originally posted by BeccaCharm

Tournaments have worked the same for the past 6 years, I don't really understand the surprise in the tokens becoming unusable. Sure it sucks that they became unusable today, but Peridot tokens were first released almost 6 months ago, and the last tournament for Peridot tokens was over 3 months ago. How many do you still have left? The first mention of trading up tokens is in the announcement for season 3, and has been in every announcement since. This is not a surprise. -- If any staff members feel I'm stepping out of place/want to correct me, please do so.

QUOTE originally posted by Chetanzi

I'm relatively new here so forgive me if this sounds weird. But I'm concerned about the "real life got in the way so this announcement was made a week late" bit. How many mods/admins does this site have? Isn't the point of having multiple mods that if one person gets overwhelmed, the others can step in and help carry the burden? Is Niet the only one allowed to make such announcements? These are all genuine questions, not snark or sarcasm.
Stuff like new season announcements aren't the jobs of mods. Niet handles the coding of tournaments, and every other season has been announced by him. If this is wrong please correct me, but I think this is the first time in 6 years that the new tourney announcement has been delayed by a week. I think he's allowed one mistake regarding this in 6 years. Also, pretty sure no other user realised about the announcement until the error on the tourney page popped up, that's how many other thousands of people forgot about it as well, or if they did, no one mentioned it.
Avatar - Garchomp from Pokemon Conquest
Angeliccandy's AvatarAngeliccandy
I get people's frustrations but it does say on the tournament pages what one we are on, and also has a countdown. You can see also see previous tourney prizes and count how many there are in a season as well. So sadly it shouldn't come as a shock to see the previous season was coming to an end a week ago. Also on a side note, admins/mods/etc. have lives just like we do. Real life gets in the way sometimes, mistakes happens and honestly should be expected every once in a while.
ʚ♡ɞCandy ☆ 33 ☆ She/Herʚ♡ɞ
Perhaps this should be something where the announcement is automated and given over to Sally? That way if real life does get in the way the player base still gets a heads up. Especially with how chatoic the site seems to get during a type race.
Looking for anyone who would be willing to IV breed Petal Maravol.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by chikoritalover

Perhaps this should be something where the announcement is automated and given over to Sally? That way if real life does get in the way the player base still gets a heads up. Especially with how chatoic the site seems to get during a type race.
That's why the Tournament Page and Farm Page broke in the first place. The automated part happened without me having added the data for it. This is why errors referred to a "null" tournament token, and you didn't get to see this but the Tournament Prize was going to be Tillink because it didn't have Season 22 eggs to work with. Everything that can be automated, has been automated. I just didn't realise where time went and failed to input the data in time. And nobody noticed the lack of tournament announcement, or at least didn't bring it up to my attention, so this mess happened. Ironic that automation is what caused the errors, and I'm being told maybe I should automate it :p
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page