PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

The Dragon's Roost (A dragon type clan)

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Clans >

Pages: 12345··· 151617

StarlessSky's AvatarStarlessSky
I think Charizard isn’t a dragon type because it evolves from charmander, which is one of the Kantonian starters, and having a dragon type starter would be unfair, since they are so powerful.
Avatar made for me by VanillaDemon of my OC. Made by angelatos! Sky; She/her; I am the kind of person to quote verbatim from Jane Eyre. Unprompted. In text conversations. Beware. ^^My first shiny hatched
That makes alot of sence actually

QUOTE originally posted by Tsunami78

I think Charizard isn’t a dragon type because it evolves from charmander, which is one of the Kantonian starters, and having a dragon type starter would be unfair, since they are so powerful.
That... actually makes quite a bit of sense like GalactÎcGlacÎfur was saying. Although here comes a slightly more confusing question: why can it still learn dragon type moves? I know in gen 1, it only learned Dragon Rage through TM (which, for those who don't know, only deals exactly 40 damage to the target), but in later generations, it is able to learn other dragon type moves both through level-up and TMs. I guess I am looking into this a bit to deeply, but I guess it still confuses me a bit as to why if an actual dragon type starter is considered too powerful, then why can it learn dragon type moves? I guess this could also apply to other Pokemon too and not just Charizard, that, and Charizard normally isn't easily obtainable in the early parts of some games anyway, so I guess I can't complain too much. Although this just kind of made me think of my fan region where everything is at least part dragon type, including the starters. Maybe just the discussion of dragon types Also, @GalactÎcGlacÎfur, I don't see you in the registry? I don't think you're part of the clan, but if you did post a form that I missed, feel free to tell me!
  • Some Info
  • Links
  • Goal+TR
We're a plural system by the collective name of The Unified Programs or just Unity! I, Champion Spectra of the Draquaria region, and Champion(?) Maroon are the most common fronters here on PFQ! And for those wondering, Draquaria is a fan region that came with me when I became a soulbond along with Maroon! And if that sounds confusing, a soulbond is basically an oc who becomes a headmate in a system! We use plural prounouns to refer to ourselves collectively, not multiple people on the same account. Posts signed with initials of headmate(s) (typically CS or CM) who wrote them!
None currently
× 1 / 600
Buying Death Wings at market price!
PokéStripe's AvatarPokéStripe
Well, recently I’ve been kind of in between on this argument. Why I think it should be a dragon type is because it breathes fire, (technically) looks, and acts like a dragon. It really is the very oversimplified definition of a dragon. But then again, like already said, it would be a bit overpowered for a starter. But also! Blastoise is water, and if Charizard was a fire-dragon type, then Blastoise would only do neutral attacks to Charizard, unless it got changed to a water-fairy or water-ice type. Not dragon because then it’d mess it up with Venusaur, and still mess it up with Charizard. BECAUSE! Venusaur is grass-poison, (although I don’t know much about the poison type, so there might be more problems because of that) so if Blastoise was water-ice, ice is super effective against grass, so type triangle gets messed up. Water-fairy doesn’t mess up the types, but it messes with the way Blastoise looks. Water-dragon makes Charizard super effective against Blastoise, because dragon is super effective against dragon. Besides, then that’d mess up Venusaur type stuff because grass isn’t very effective against dragon. Ice makes more sense than fairy, because Blastoise looks like it’d be definitely not a fairy type. And still, nothing of Blastoise resembles ice-type. So therefore, if Charizard was a dragon type, it’d mess up a lot of stuff. Also, sorry for the wall of text! ^^;
  • Our Art Shop!
  • Her Art Shops!
  • Credits
Thanks to Champion Spectra for making my pfp! (As well as our art shop button!) :)

QUOTE originally posted by PokéStripe

Well, recently I’ve been kind of in between on this argument. Why I think it should be a dragon type is because it breathes fire, (technically) looks, and acts like a dragon. It really is the very oversimplified definition of a dragon. But then again, like already said, it would be a bit overpowered for a starter. But also! Blastoise is water, and if Charizard was a fire-dragon type, then Blastoise would only do neutral attacks to Charizard, unless it got changed to a water-fairy or water-ice type. Not dragon because then it’d mess it up with Venusaur, and still mess it up with Charizard. BECAUSE! Venusaur is grass-poison, (although I don’t know much about the poison type, so there might be more problems because of that) so if Blastoise was water-ice, ice is super effective against grass, so type triangle gets messed up. Water-fairy doesn’t mess up the types, but it messes with the way Blastoise looks. Water-dragon makes Charizard super effective against Blastoise, because dragon is super effective against dragon. Besides, then that’d mess up Venusaur type stuff because grass isn’t very effective against dragon. Ice makes more sense than fairy, because Blastoise looks like it’d be definitely not a fairy type. And still, nothing of Blastoise resembles ice-type. So therefore, if Charizard was a dragon type, it’d mess up a lot of stuff. Also, sorry for the wall of text! ^^;
That makes quite a bit of sense as well! Dragon-type Charizard would definitely mess up the type triangle on a whole other level when trying to balance it back out.
Yeah, I agree with that. But it could be fixed with Venusaur's poison type being replaced by fighting or rock type. But those don't really fit it.
What do you like to go by? Dragon, or DragonDragonART Preferred pronouns: he/him Role (you can choose more than one): Writer, maybe artist? (I can draw wof ocs i guess) Are you hoarding any Dragon types? I just released all of my duraladon! :( Small description of yourself (optional): I love wings of fire and anything else about dragons, my favourite dragon type is drakloak
I like dragons

QUOTE originally posted by DragonLilipupART

What do you like to go by? Dragon, or DragonDragonART Preferred pronouns: he/him Role (you can choose more than one): Writer, maybe artist? (I can draw wof ocs i guess) Are you hoarding any Dragon types? I just released all of my duraladon! :( Small description of yourself (optional): I love wings of fire and anything else about dragons, my favourite dragon type is drakloak
Welcome to the clan, Dragon! I'll get you added to the registry!
Hello Dragon!
PokéStripe's AvatarPokéStripe
Welcome to the clan, Dragon!

Pages: 12345··· 151617

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page