PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in The Dragon's Roost (A dragon type clan)

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Clans > The Dragon's Roost (A dragon type clan) >

QUOTE originally posted by PokéStripe

Well, recently I’ve been kind of in between on this argument. Why I think it should be a dragon type is because it breathes fire, (technically) looks, and acts like a dragon. It really is the very oversimplified definition of a dragon. But then again, like already said, it would be a bit overpowered for a starter. But also! Blastoise is water, and if Charizard was a fire-dragon type, then Blastoise would only do neutral attacks to Charizard, unless it got changed to a water-fairy or water-ice type. Not dragon because then it’d mess it up with Venusaur, and still mess it up with Charizard. BECAUSE! Venusaur is grass-poison, (although I don’t know much about the poison type, so there might be more problems because of that) so if Blastoise was water-ice, ice is super effective against grass, so type triangle gets messed up. Water-fairy doesn’t mess up the types, but it messes with the way Blastoise looks. Water-dragon makes Charizard super effective against Blastoise, because dragon is super effective against dragon. Besides, then that’d mess up Venusaur type stuff because grass isn’t very effective against dragon. Ice makes more sense than fairy, because Blastoise looks like it’d be definitely not a fairy type. And still, nothing of Blastoise resembles ice-type. So therefore, if Charizard was a dragon type, it’d mess up a lot of stuff. Also, sorry for the wall of text! ^^;
That makes quite a bit of sense as well! Dragon-type Charizard would definitely mess up the type triangle on a whole other level when trying to balance it back out.
  • Info
  • Hunting
  • Type Race
We're a plural system by the collective name of The Unified Programs or just Unity! I, Champion Spectra of the Draquaria region, and Champiom Maroon are the most common fronters here on PFQ! We try to remember to sign posts with the initials of the one who posted, but we tend to forget. The most common signatures you'd see would be CS, CM, and SK, though! We use plural prounouns to refer to ourselves collectively, not multiple people on the same account.
NO CURRENT HUNT Buying Death Wings at market price for future Yveltal hunt!
× 3 / 600
CURRENT TEAM NEXT TEAM SCORE 248 For our full line-up and participation status, check our about me!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page