PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Some changes as of August 1st

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Hey all, so we've got some changes that we've been mulling over for some time and we're rolling them out a week in advance so that they're able to be seen and reviewed. This will allow for some transition time and it won't catch anyone off-guard this way. So the first and smallest change which is somewhat unrelated but should be mentioned - the links in the bonus counters have been removed. We were informed that people were sending messages to those in the counters as though they were members of staff when they are no longer a part of the staff team. It appears that those links were being used to get to those peoples' pages so we've simply removed them, at the very least, for the time being. There's a large rules update that will be posted in a little while - this thread will be updated with the links to those threads as they are posted. These are not changing most of the rules, as such, but aim to make the rules clearer, easier to understand and overall just better. There are some clarifications that appear to have been needed, which is fine, it's on us to provide that. The key change that is coming about, however, is that we will no longer be supporting "Real Money Trading" (RMT) where PFQ-related assets are involved. To be clear that means you are still allowed to do it, if you should wish to do so, but we do not recommend, nor support it. This does limit what we can do should something go wrong but it does not mean that thefts will go unpunished. Stealing from someone, after all, is disrespectful to another person. The door is open for this to change. This is something of a compromise to what was initially suggested wherein all RMT would be disallowed due to the issues that have come about as a result of it. However, we feel that if we make it clear what we can and can't do as a result of exchanges occurring off-site (such as, we can't get your money back for you) and that we aren't inherently supporting RMT-trading, that it should be okay. Should the issues continue to occur then this ruling may be changed to disallow RMT-trading entirely - our hope is that this does not become the case. These updates will go in to place as of August 1st. Just want to interject here (after verifying that doing this was okay) to say a big thank you from us to Methos for the help provided in this undertaking. If you have the time to do so, please show Methos a little bit of love <3 Adventure / site rules: Link Trade: Link Contest: Link Art: Link Art theft (renamed Art Usage and Crediting): Link Forum games: Link (There will be some small edits made over the next couple of days to make navigation of the different rules-related threads easier, but none of the content therein will be changing.) Thread unlocked. :)
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I have a question regarding this part in the art rule "You may not sell traced art. This includes official Pokémon artwork. " Whats the difference between selling a modified officiel artwork and a modified sprite? How about if the drawing share the same pose as the artwork, it's that still consider tracing?
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Sei's AvatarSei

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

I have a question regarding this part in the art rule "You may not sell traced art. This includes official Pokémon artwork. " Whats the difference between selling a modified officiel artwork and a modified sprite? How about if the drawing share the same pose as the artwork, it's that still consider tracing?
Outright duplication of official art and selling it as original is not allowed. If it's been modified, it's not duplication.
Matamoja's AvatarMatamoja

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

Outright duplication of official art and selling it as original is not allowed. If it's been modified, it's not duplication.
How much does it have to be modified to be considered not duplication?
Michael • They/Them ShopBait Shop
Sprite made by me
Sei's AvatarSei

QUOTE originally posted by Matamoja

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

How much does it have to be modified to be considered not duplication?
For Official art: Because it's free to use/free for commercial use, at minimum, recolored. This way the person is paying for something a little more substantial rather than just relined artwork. For Sprites: Same general idea - as long as there's some significant modification made, it's fine (Ie: removal of colors, making it just a lined sprite.) Basically: Don't just sell copies of the official (free to use/free for commercial use) source. As always, verify that it's free for commercial use if you're selling.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Oh sweet, thread's opened! My biggest question is this section of the art rules. What does this mean for the Mature Art/Mature Art Shop sections, or just the mature sections of the site in general? Is there an exception for those, or are these sections going to be removed and no mature art allowed at all, even in mature threads? I also have a small question about the new spoiler rules! Does it only need to be in one hidebox, as long as that one hidebox is labeled with spoilers?
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
StillHere's AvatarStillHere
What is the purpose for removing the "Ravyne" link to the Wishforge? It was changed from the user link quite some time ago and so it seems bizarre to remove it when the only issue was them linking to user pages. Is it just simply to make it the same as the other ones?
Avatar | Shop They/them, he/him, or xe/xem/xyr pronouns please!
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty

QUOTE originally posted by StillHere

What is the purpose for removing the "Ravyne" link to the Wishforge? It was changed from the user link quite some time ago and so it seems bizarre to remove it when the only issue was them linking to user pages. Is it just simply to make it the same as the other ones?
I almost wonder if doing that for each link - IE linking Shazi to the shelter, Niet/Garth to daily interactions, Sei to the shiny chain etc etc would be a better solution - might be a good suggestion? Edit: also, if RMT is removed would that make USD users only able to buy zc off the site? If so... ouch.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
So i have a question concern about auction rules: Ive seen in the past people auctioning a pokemon and also dexing it at the same time and im personally like... super uncomfortable with that being allowed. Particularly because dexing is risky, and bidding on a pokemon is permanent and all. Also timelines is like... something users really do care about. So if i bid on a pokemon with a clean timeline that then gets dex traded before the biddimg ends, then that pokemon is not the same pokemon i initially bid on and is not fair. Edit: incase anyone is wondering, since it isnt specifically said in the rules. I did report it at the time (this was a while ago) and told it was completely allowed since the pokemon is owned by the user holding the auction. But under the current rules wouldn't the owner of the pokemon technically be the current highest bidder?
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Methos's AvatarMethos

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

Oh sweet, thread's opened! My biggest question is this section of the art rules. What does this mean for the Mature Art/Mature Art Shop sections, or just the mature sections of the site in general? Is there an exception for those, or are these sections going to be removed and no mature art allowed at all, even in mature threads? I also have a small question about the new spoiler rules! Does it only need to be in one hidebox, as long as that one hidebox is labeled with spoilers?
The art rules you've quoted are the rules that will be going into the Pokémon Art and Other Art forums, which are rated PG, not the Mature Art forum. The spoiler rule states that spoilers in journals only require one hidebox, provided the journal itself is marked as a thread containing spoilers. Basically, that second hidebox will be replaced by adding [SPOILERS] to the journal thread's title.

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

So i have a question concern about auction rules: Ive seen in the past people auctioning a pokemon and also dexing it at the same time and im personally like... super uncomfortable with that being allowed. Particularly because dexing is risky, and bidding on a pokemon is permanent and all. Also timelines is like... something users really do care about. So if i bid on a pokemon with a clean timeline that then gets dex traded before the biddimg ends, then that pokemon is not the same pokemon i initially bid on and is not fair. Edit: incase anyone is wondering, since it isnt specifically said in the rules. I did report it at the time (this was a while ago) and told it was completely allowed since the pokemon is owned by the user holding the auction. But under the current rules wouldn't the owner of the pokemon technically be the current highest bidder?
We just held a quick discussion regarding this. In the upcoming trade rules, as written, traders are required to keep whatever they are trading "safe", which encompasses Pokémon, items, and currency. An auction Pokémon leaving the owner's hands for Dex trading is not being kept "safe" by the owner, so once these rules are in place, this would be against the rules.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page