PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

allow an option to break PR chain for type race

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Fawkesian's AvatarFawkesian
thought this was a bug until i looked more closely, as i've hatched almost 40 arons now without my chain having updated. while i appreciate the sentiment behind not having a pokeradar chain break due to the type race, some of us would actually like to start a new chain. it seems silly to be locked into whatever was being hunted prior to type race. a week is a bit of a long time to be stuck sitting on my bum, as it were - i'd been hatching something completely irrelevant when the race started and would have liked the option to have my arons count towards a chain. is there a possibility that a choice could be implemented? a simple popup asking whether to keep the old chain or break it would be better than nothing.
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
This feature already exists: You can start a new chain by 1) Hatching 1 egg without pokeradar in your inventory (you can give it to a pokemon). Don't forget to put it back in your inventory after you broke your old chain. or 2) Hatch an egg that isn't of your type race and doesn't qualify as unique for the ongoing tournament. E.g. hatch 2 magikarp eggs. The first one will count as "unique" for the tourney and therefore not break your chain. A second magikarp egg will break your chain. (Note: pick a different egg if you are on team water)
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
You can just hatch any pokemon that doesn't count for the type race and it'll break your chain! I'm also fairly certain you can also give your PR to any pokemon to hold and hatch an egg without it, that'll also end your chain, no matter what egg you hatch. (kinda sniped for that above info but thats fine O|-< ) I know people often get confused about this, but I don't really know of a way to let people know that this happens besides adding more information to the type race or shiny page sections? Though the Type Race page itself tells you about this feature:

QUOTE originally posted by type race page

Eggs hatched as part of this event will not break your Shiny Chain, so feel free to take a break from your hunt to participate and hatch a wider variety of Eggs!
and I'm not sure what else needs to be said other than that? If you are not told your chain is breaking, your chain will not be broken. I absolutely don't support having each and every egg you hatch for the type race potentially breaking your chain and having a popup with it every single time, that would be awful.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It is deliberately made difficult to break your shiny chain. We still get people "accidentally" releasing their valuable Pokémon, and that's technically reversible. I would hate to have to explain that no, once you've deleted a PR chain, it's gone forever and cannot be undone.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Arsenal

You can start a new chain by 1) Hatching 1 egg without pokeradar in your inventory (you can give it to a pokemon). Don't forget to put it back in your inventory after you broke your old chain.
had no idea this was a feature, thank you for the tip!

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

I know people often get confused about this, but I don't really know of a way to let people know that this happens besides adding more information to the type race or shiny page sections?
i would love to see info added to these pages about intentionally breaking a chain. i was gone from pokefarm for years, and as such, the type race was new to me; it came as a bit of a surprise that i would need to find a way to weasel around chains not breaking.

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

I absolutely don't support having each and every egg you hatch for the type race potentially breaking your chain and having a popup with it every single time, that would be awful.
oh, of course not, that would be ridiculous! i was thinking more along the lines of a one-time popup - or better yet, maybe a button on the type race page to reset your chain (with additional confirmation page/s as necessary).

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

It is deliberately made difficult to break your shiny chain. We still get people "accidentally" releasing their valuable Pokémon, and that's technically reversible. I would hate to have to explain that no, once you've deleted a PR chain, it's gone forever and cannot be undone.
that's a bit of a strawman argument. again, i can somewhat appreciate the idea of chains being "locked" for the type race, but it's an issue of choice - or perhaps more accurately, knowing that there is a choice. the "about" section of the type race page makes it seem as if there is no way whatsoever to start a new chain for the week if the pokemon you're hatching is of your team's type (this was the conclusion i had drawn). as i mentioned above, clarifying the type race page would be excellent. this is about allowing people to break a chain if they wish, or otherwise making the game more user-friendly by providing that additional information about how to break a chain during type race in the first place. making game mechanics clearer can never hurt.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
If clarity is all that is wanted, that can be done quite easily. In fact, I just did it - there's a new bit on the "About" section of the Type Race page :)
that works; resolved!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page