PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #1 [insert-name-here]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 789

Trebor's AvatarTrebor

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

QUOTE originally posted by CorvinNoikrow

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

There will be no loss of progress, and no "Transfer" because there will be nothing to transfer away from or to.
From here. I'm gonna hold my opinion on the matter until we have more info, but I've been watching and figured I should quote where he did say there'd be no transfer.
That quote was from before the announcement of pfq2, so it doesn't confirm anything about transfering in relation to pfq2.
The 'no transfer' quote that is being quoted is from 9 days ago. So it is current, and does apply to the current situation. (It is literally from the first post of the Update on the "Reboot" thread Posted 10/Feb/2020 15:35:20 that led to us getting this discussion thread on the brand new development thread - you can click the embedded link above to verify that yourself)
Special delta collector Team
Savage Spin-Out (Bug)
: 922 pts Current Shiny Hunt 2/300 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
CorvinNoikrow's AvatarCorvinNoikrow
Well, saying there's nothing to transfer to when he already had the sequel started out and knew there'd be one kind of tells me that he means there'd be nothing on the sequel to transfer to. It's planned to be a different type of game, like stated in this announcement, so transferring wouldn't be possible. It'd be like transferring Pokemon from your Moon game to PMD; they're not compatible, since they're different types of games. Hopefully he's able to give us some sort of concrete answer soon, though, since to be honest both announcements about it have been pretty vague and haven't given us the slightest idea of what the new site is. Even just the plan for what type of website it'll be would be enough.
Image is from the 2020 advent calendar They/them (preferred) or he/him pronouns.
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
That post was made before the announcment of the sequel, and makes no specific mention of that quote applying to the sequel. Therefore, we can't assume it applies, no matter how recent. Using your logic, I could assume pfq2 will have quests like the reboot was planned to have. But it's still not confirmed, so you can't assume it's fact. The only things we have confirmed now is that there will be a sequel, and it'll have a slightly updated clicking system. Everything else is up for grabs. @CorvinNoikrow That's possible, except what we know of the sequel is it isn't a completely different game. All we know is it'll have a slightly different clicking system. From what we know, it's like going from pf1 to pfq. So far it's only an updated pfq. If Noot announced instead it'd be a game similar to the main series, or anything but another clicker, then your logic would work. But as far as we know, it's just pfq 3.0; the cancelled reboot with a different name. As I keep saying, Noot will have to confirm more before we can say something's fact about pfq2.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
APPreacher's AvatarAPPreacher
I just got out of a very painful practice session with my Bible Quizzing kids. During the after-session free time, some of the more troublesome kids continued to throw paper all over the sanctuary while the coaches were in various meetings. Countless times we were bombarded with a random kid bursting in the conversations, "SO AND SO IS THROWING PAPER!" Countless times we told them we would deal with it. Countless times they were relentless in their pursuit of justice. And when we go to monitor the situation, it's just a few scraps of paper, and some of the kids complaining were caught doing the throwing. That is the epitome of what this thread has become. Everyone throwing senseless blaming around, and there isn't really a big problem yet. As far as I was last aware, Niet is the ONLY developer that works on coding officially. What real progress is anyone expecting? What user knows the exact state of the site code better than him? We were told more info would be released later. Let's trust the dev team. Ooor you could preemptively (likely without real cause) jump ship and give up. Do you really want to do that? Everyone here seems to be embracing either 1) a defeated mindset, or 2)a mob mentality. For what cause?
I'm going to lock the thread for now and work on answering the questions thusly posed. Niet will post an update himself a bit later. We're feeling rather confused about this sentiment about 'wanting to know everything right away', I gotta say. We're working on telling you everything - and that involves starting at Step 1. Step 1 is the core gameplay that you'll be presented with. The interactions - oddly enough, that's exactly what we opened with discussing :p Step 2 won't be far removed, of course. Then there's Step 3. And in the end, we'll be caught up and - well, would you look at that! If you're caught up, that means you know everything that we know. Asking for everything right here, right now, is the wrong call. We're giving you everything but in bitesize chunks. That way it's easier to give opinions on each 'section' that you're provided, rather than being told to digest the contents of a mammoth-sized book and give your opinion on each and every individual piece in a single sitting. Producing an info-dump akin to dropping a 500 page paperback book on your doorstep isn't going to garner much. It's too much information to take in. People won't read that much - such and so forth. Dropping everything in one fell swoop would also leave us with little else to tell you because we would've just told you *everything*, no? And this is meant to be something that updates for the coming future - not a one-shot. This is intended to be a consistent thing, not one and done. Moreover, this thread is specifically for discussion and query as to the topic brought up in the Dev Log. There's a lot of talk that's going on which, put simply, doesn't surround that. There's been some things that have boiled down to fearmongering through pure speculation when... We're literally here, doing this, when the point is we'll answer questions. Rather than doing this speculation stuff - why not ask your questions? That's the entire point, is it not? There's no need to further speculate when you can get an answer from the source. Speculate, come up with question, ask question, question gets answered, no need to jump down the rabbit hole to visit Dorothy. :p

Pages: 123··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page