PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Chronicles of Gaia (RP)

Forum Index > Other > Other RP >

Pages: 123··· 202203204205206··· 257258259

Aysu Llyr's AvatarAysu Llyr
Kahlua stopped short upon hearing Ama's explanation. The term 'Anthropomorphic'... applied to him? Sentient, bi-pedal, Animal-Humans. ...Suddenly, Tomas's more confusing comments about his island made a great deal more sense. Even if absolutely no one referred to them as 'Anthros' and instead called them 'Island (Whatever Species They Were)'. Kahlua took a breath and then began walking forward to catch up with everyone with a statement of, "Thank you for the explanation." He watched for a bit while Ama worked at the apparatus, then began to look around while staying in place. It was a good-sized chamber, and from his current position equally easy to look down the passageway in case anyone came.
Aislin walked towards the white-haired male to get a better look at him, though stopped abruptly when he began speaking. The slight smile layered with curiosity faded as he spoke further, correctly guessing in her mind that this guy was not only non-human, he was also assuming she was non-human as well. Hoo boy... Aislin reached up with a hand and grasped at the roots of her hair, tangling her fingers to keep herself grounded as she purposely muttered aloud, "Yup, definitely new here..." Taking a deep breath, she untangled her fingers and gave him her best professional 'This is above my paygrade' look. "I am deeply sorry to inform you, but you are not within any place you might have ventured to before. In this tower, the Interdimensional Elevator, all walks of life can encounter everything and anything within existence, including traveling through time and space." She tapped a foot pointedly onto the floor before continuing, "The current section of the Elevator you are standing on is connected to a planet known as Gaia Zero, which tends to not only drag in random person or groups of people, but also strips them of most of their power upon entering said planet. Having entered via the Elevator, whatever invisibility you might have had is now non-existant due to the rules of the tower." Another deep breath, and having decided she might have spooked him enough, dropped into a slightly more relaxed stance. "You may not have noticed yet, but I am a full-blooded human. I came here to the tower via Gaia Zero, having been ripped from my homeland alongside several others. Currently, we are traveling to figure out a way back to our respective planets, and on the whole are accepting of any who choose to tag along." Aislin was kind of having fun with this, to be entirely truthful. She liked being able to fake a professional attitude like this, it was almost as much fun as listening to someone speaking in medieval times. Still, she did have one last thing to say... "As I have said before, I am a full-blooded human. My name is Aislin. It is a pleasure to meet you, sir."
Avatar is made by Nightfury28. My Ponysona, Remembrance.
"Interdimensional Elevator?" Kyo pondered aloud as he pocketed the Obsidian and pat it over the safety of his grayish pocket. As she spoke further, his brow began to furrow. He listened intently, taking in every word. He thought back to the moment before where he had tried to slip back into his precious in-between realm. He hadn't made a mistake in shadow-jumping for several decades - so perhaps she might be telling the truth.. His gray gaze narrowed as she she reiterated her mortal status. She was toying with him? Perhaps. "I apologize then, human Aislin. I suppose it would be much more difficult for a human to summon let alone dispel a creature." He spoke with a sly grin. Thinking back to his knowledge of humans, he decided to go with a more agressive plan to see just how concerned this mortal was with competition. "What if we wagered? I'll join your posse," he held his breath for a moment in suspense, "if you can prove to me that I can not leave. There's only one real way to do that." He lifted his finger and spun it in a little circle. "Humans technically can send a being off to their realm. With the help of some runes and maybe some latin, you could set up a functional Discharging Circle to get me home." He smiled and took a step towards her, stretching both of his palms up to the ceiling. He changed his demeanor to more of a caring one as he pulled his arms back down to his sides. "And if I do get home, I promise to reward you handsomely."
Look at my Shop! (Even though it's a work in progress) I can do plenty of other sorts of pixel art than what is on there - Just ask!
Hikari's AvatarHikari
While the others were still at the Dimensional Elevator, Iliya had finally come to at the outpost where Seth had brought her to. The Ghost was immediately greeted by the stinging pain from the still open wound on her chest. She was trying to remember what had happened, and looked around the room...only to spot Seth on the other side in the room. Iliya froze, the memory of the illusion that man had created of Frau now vivid in her mind again. She hadn't gotten away...Frau hadn't come to her rescue...but then what had happened after that? Had she simply fainted after that? She didn't want to think about it anymore, and she certainly didn't want to think about what would happen now. Lying back down and closing her eyes again, there were other memories flowing into her mind, ones that didn't make much sense to her. That silver-haired male...she had seen him recently, hadn't she? Kuja...he was trying to rescue that girl Seth had targeted. Why was he appearing in the memories of her childhood? He hadn't been there, and yet it was so clearly him. Were these Vertrag's memories? "So, where have you been?" Rikazu asked when Kuja entered the room. It didn't take long for him to notice how exhausted the Genome looked. "Hell. Hell is where I have been", Kuja responded, not wanting to elaborate further about that world. "How long have I been gone? In the mirror world I went to, several months have passed already." Rikazu shrugged. "A couple of hours", the male paused, thinking for a moment. It was probably best if Kuja learned about his conversation with Mizuki. "Mizuki was awake for a while, I told her everything...it seemed like the right thing to do, before the seal on her memory breaks further and her magic goes berserk again." "Everything?" Kuja raised an eyebrow. Rikazu was so bent on keeping his secrets, but he'd told her the truth now? "I agree that it was probably the right thing to do now." "Her mind is still very unstable right now...she seems to go back and forth between her childish side and her usual self...she also doesn't seem to remember what happened while you and Aislin were in her mindscape. That means both the pact, and what you told her there", Rikazu glared at Kuja at the last part, but then sighed. "She's going to need time...and patience, probably a lot of it."
Image is official art from Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
Ryko Seratuno's AvatarRyko Seratuno
"Once we're back in the tower-" the loud 'clang' of the Gemstone she needed hitting the floor drowned out what she would have otherwise said, and as such, she continued after picking it up, "- if you see a blue, somewhat tattoo'd Lion-Woman, well, first off, ignore any feelings of Deja Vú, she is after all, my previous life, where I come from, Reincarnation is kinda just how things are, but that'd be another good example of someone being 'Anthropomorphic', anyways, we're done here, if any of you have anything you want to go look at or grab, be quick about it, once the Mirror back shows up, I'll be coming along to pick you up, I'd say about thirty minutes, so you realistically only have fifteen." Once said time was up, anyone who had gone off to find anything was returned, and the mirror back was quick about closing behind them, "Take a quick break, get your breath back, whatever, I'm gonna need to actually find the mirror to the next world, fortunately it should be relatively combat-free if I get the timing of it correct."
Kahlua did indeed look around a little, eventually discovering a few discarded weapons off to the side. He studied them all carefully, mentally calculating what he could reliably use for a time. Soon enough he had found a short sword he could use, really more of an oversized dagger but the length was equivalent to a short sword for his size. He also picked up some of the knives scattered around the corpses and snitched a small pouch or two from them to place them in. Naturally, he picked the corpses that weren't in small pools of blood as that would have the best chance of having blood-free pouches. Not long after he had picked up the second pouch and placed in some of the knives, Ama appeared again and ushered him through. Kahlua rather swiftly found a wall and sat down to look over his current loot more carefully.
Aislin did her best not to make a face at the near-condescending tone this person now had. Why had she thought this was a good idea again? She could not however resist letting a murmured, "Really now?" escape upon his declaration of what humans in his world were capable of. It certainly sounded intriguing. Once he was finished she made a show of thinking it over for a moment before replying, "Not sure how you'll do that last part, but you've aroused my curiosity." There was an excited gleam in her eyes now. "Sure, let's do it; could be interesting." She motioned to the corridor behind her. "The room behind us should be easily big enough for that purpose, unless it can be made to fit right here?" She arched a brow at him in question. She wasn't trying to dissuade him or anything; she simply knew literally nothing about the ritual he spoke of, thus had no real reference to how large this Discharging Circle needed to be.
Kyo could not hide the excitement from his face as he started towards the room she spoke of. "Though it is not something that I can do personally, plenty of beings with seperate powers of my own owe me.." he paused, thinking of the correct verbiage, "favors." He entered the doorway he presumed she was speaking of, admiring the room. The circle didn't have to be extravagant or large, though the bigger it was, the higher his ego would become. He continued as he turned back towards the doorway to face her. "You have my word that I will gather enough beings to take you and your pals home." His expression had faded into more of a pleasant one, obviously thankful that she would consider helping him out of this realm. The place made him uncomfortable, and it was even more discomforting that his own powers were useless here. ..but a human..not having very many powers unless they've been unlocked...perhaps she had a reign he did not. It was worth a try, and he didn't even have to put her in danger to do so. He fished his pockets again, this time pulling out a small fabric pouch. It was simple enough: a brownish color covered it with a black, curved seal embroidered in its center. It was tied in place at the top with a knot made of twine, and he offered it to her kindly. "Inside of this you will find ash, nevermind what it used to be before it burned up. I usher you to please draw a circle on the floor with it large enough for you to sit in the center."
Aislin readily followed the male back to the mirror room. This was getting more and more intriguing as time went on. For the moment though, she had to focus on what he wanted her to do. Aislin took the offered pouch, looking at the embroidered seal before deciding to study it in more detail later. A few minutes later, amidst the sound of the others returning from the mirror, she completed a fairly large circle and then carefully moved away from it to look back at him questioningly, awaiting the next direction. "Should I give this back?" she wondered aloud, pondering over whether it would disrupt the ritual to keep it on her or not. ...In her opinion, written instructions were always clearer than verbal instructions, since with verbal they tended to leave out exact details.
Kyo smirked as he stood back and watched her. He shook his head slowly back and fourth, lifting his palms up parallel towards her in an attempt to say no. It was hard for him to give up such a precious item, especially with the contents that filled it. "No, please keep it. If this does work after all, that is a way for you to hold me to my word & bring me back." He shrugged. "If anything, it's a good fire starter." He watched carefully as she finished the circle on the floor. "If you don't mind, can you sit inside? Cross-legged would be my recommendation." He turned his attention to the both of them within the mirrors. It had been so long since he had seen himself fully. He outstretched his fingers to graze his tossled hair, though he knew trying to tidy the white strands was virtually useless. "I need you to recite something simple-ish for me once you do take a seat." He sighed, turning his attention back towards her. "I ducentibus vos in sphaeram, in qua venisti." His words trailed out of his mouth in perfect unison, despite the long canines that hung beneath his upper lip. It was obvious that Latin was his first language. He repeated it again, "I ducentibus vos in sphaeram, in qua venisti." He winked at her. "I'm sure you'll do fine - it translates roughly to I usher you back towards the realm in which you came."
Aislin made certain to get the pronounciation right, repeating it under her breath a few times to make sure. A little known fact was that she tended to pride herself on getting names and phrases correct; it was annoying as all heck when faced with song lyrics or other things that she could not understand, even with repeated attempts happening. Gripping the little bag tightly, she took off her own bag and satchel, laying them outside the circle before stepping in and sitting down. Taking a deep breath to quell any nerves, she repeated the words once more. "I ducentibus vos in sphaeram, in qua venisti." Hopefully, nothing wrong would happen. Even more hopefully, it would work. At least then Aislin could say someone had gotten out of this mess.
Kyo smiled - he had not expected her to get the pronunciation correct first-try. "Again." He took a step towards her as the black powder began to glow a bluish hue. "And again, until I am out of this place." He sounded antsy, which was very unlike him. The sooner he was out of this place, the sooner he would be able to go back to his quiet life of making other peoples' days an uncomfortable mess. He took another quick look at himself in the mirror, straitening his dark vest as he approached her. The circle was simple enough, though it appeared to be working as he neared. The bluish glow turned into more of a flame: flickering and nipping at the floor below it. It produced no heat, though it began to sizzle and pop. "Again!" He grinned as he took another step near her, just outside of the circle that she had lain out so eloquently for him.

Pages: 123··· 202203204205206··· 257258259

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page