PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

ability to search certain pokemon species in fields from Daycare

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

bugology's Avatarbugology
Support! This would definitely be a good QOL update to the current convoluted method we have now, and I see no problem with not putting down any cons if the only possible one would be "possibly too hard to code" (which as we all know doesnmt really mean anything for a suggestion). Besides, just because a method exists doesn't mean there should never be an improvement to that method if one is possible; otherwise QOL updates would never happen at all.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Optimus Prime

people who use the dqycare function a lot and have the absolute messiest fields on the planet (aka me and definitely a few others)
Sounds like you don't like the consequences of not taking proper care of your Pokémon :p
Pardon me for not understanding but I'm not really sure what you mean by this? I've seen it stated in many places that there's no "correct" way to organize fields, so I don't really see why people who don't use a specific method would need to be penalized for that (or how it would count as "not taking proper care" of them, for that matter). Although I agree that this would definitely help people with messy fields I also think this would be a helpful update for most people regardless of whether or how they organize their fields; I organize my fields based on type and even I find myself going back and forth trying to find pokemon for the daycare with the current method. I'd definitely be down for an update like this!
Watch me liquefy in real-time! (avatar is official TCG art)
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I support this. I don't understand why there's not a search bar in the daycare, but a search bar when just looking at your fields. It seems just as useful if not more useful to have a search bar while in the daycare, especially when making pairs.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
It would be useful and easier to search for Pokemon directly from the daycare, instead of going to the fields first, memorise what field they are in and then go to the daycare, where you go to the same field again and then select the pokemon. Even with sorted fields and playing from my laptop, I still need the search funtion to find specefic Pokemon and it would be great if it was possible to do that straight from the daycare.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
Breezey's AvatarBreezey
Seems like a good quality of life update. It's not neccessary for people, and there are other ways of accomplishing the same thing, but this would definitely save time for hoarders/breeders. Personally, I already do this but with just a couple more steps: I search my fields for the Pokemon I want, take note of where they are, and then go to the day care. Assuming the actual implmentation isn't more trouble than it's worth, skipping the middle man would be fantasic.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
bump
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Bump
YESSSS! 100% support. I have my fields very dumbly organized like "Random {number}", and I'm misplacing Pokemon and saying stuff like "I swear I had this pokemon! Where is it?" It might be just me being lazy, but this would make finding pokemon so much easier for me. I'm trying to think of a con, and one would probably be "this is a little unneccessary, just organize your fields". But haven't we all been in that spot where we can't find a certain Pokemon? I dunno, maybe it's just me that faces this issue all the time?
pfp art by Sheepoid // pride banner by eeveebailey
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
My issue with this is "duplicated functionality" and "division of responsibilities". Basically, as things are now, Field Search is on the Fields page. Conversely the DayCare - and other pages that allow you to select a Pokémon - use the Field Selector. Adding Field Search into the Field Selector would be a big old copy-paste job, which is "duplicated functionality", which is generally a bad thing. Similarly, the Field Selector would then be handling two different things, which goes against "division of responsibilities". The current system's intended process is for you to use your Fields to find what you need, and you can either remember where it was or move it somewhere easier to find - this second option will tend towards you having better organised fields without having to go to all the effort of organising them all at once ;)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

My issue with this is "duplicated functionality" and "division of responsibilities".
Well isnt the allign to grid feature also duplicated in the trade and daycare functions? is this any different? i also dont believe that reorganizing fields is a solution 1. people may not have the room to move pokemon they want to try to make a breeding pair of into a more convenient field 2. someone could have the nicest sorted and stacked fields but if they name all their spicy fields 'spicy' itll be hard to differentiate between them to get the needed pokemon after searching in the fields tab then switching to daycare. 3. people might have specials organized aesthetically in their fields that they wanna test for breeding capabilities but don't want to move around because it might be forgotten about Im also really curious as to if you use the daycare function much yourself niet... Im sure you used it a lot in testing but maybe you don't quite understand the struggle, im pretty sure a lot of farmers have issues when making breeding pairs and the responses to this thread is proof of that. its also peculiar as the 'allign to grid' feature is considered important enough to add elsewhere but the search field tab is not, as if the align to grid tab wasn't there in trade or daycare tab and you couldn't reach your mon you could simply go to the fields tab and move the mon so you can grab it... but it is there so no one has to do that.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Since Align to Grid is just a CSS thing, it's no more "duplicated" than the entire Field display in the first place. 1., 2., and 3. all sound like personal problems, but I understand where you're coming from. I just think that there are tools provided in the relevant places, so it shouldn't really be that big an issue, surely?

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page