PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Increase the chance for a Kinaster egg

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 91011

LavenderHues's AvatarLavenderHues
@Niet: Understood and thank you! Also, I want to make it clear to anyone concerned that I was trying to stop the debate by locking the thread before. I really do appreciate every post made here, even the ones I don’t personally agree with. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and, as long as I feel that the debate is remaining civil, shouldn’t be silenced. I apologize if locking the thread suddenly upset anyone or made them feel invalidated in any way! That wasn’t my intention. Thank you so much for all your responses, again. Support or no support!
Forum icon drawn by me!
× 628 / 713
Sea Crown hoard progress until I can restart my hunt!
Cele's AvatarCele
Please refrain from asking questions that are unrelated to the possible implementation of a suggestion. I have deleted the associated posts.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
BlankSmile's AvatarBlankSmile
So I know I'm going to end up regretting posting here but here goes, I suppose. I have the same question SilverDarkness had earlier, why is it alright to have monetary challenges, but not challenges that require a lot of physical effort? I ask that question as someone who did a 3,255 Koroku chain. I'm aware that supposedly Koroku is a tad easier than Kinaster, but nonetheless, I did that in the span of a month. I'll be the first to admit that doing all of that wasn't a healthy idea, but I was the one who chose to do that. No one forced me and told me I had to work on that chain the whole time, that was my decision. Even then I don't really think it was a detriment to my health at all. I never forced myself to stay up during it, I always took breaks to take care of my wrists. This responsibility goes out to the user, not the site. Now let's go back to this question, so why are challenges that require an absurd amount of money allowed and yet a challenge that requires a high amount of effort not allowed? If it's health that we're talking about, I think Silver raised a good point earlier, reckless spending is just as bad as physically exhausting yourself. I'd also argue that plenty of people who play this site don't have any intention about spending the kind of money it takes for a legend hunt, many probably aren't even able since they're quite young and don't have the means. But you know why the site doesn't regulate that? Because at the end of the day, that's a decision you make and you're the one responsible for your actions. I'd also like to say that it's really misleading that the example consistently being used is that it takes 30k clicks for a Kinaster. That's not the average at all, I've seen screenshots and personally when I tested Kinaster, it was an average of about 4.5k clicks per egg. 30k Might be the extreme, but it's definitely not the average that should be thrown around when speaking about Kinaster's difficulty. I'd also argue that 30k is hardly putting anyone's health at risk. There's plenty of clicking guides out there that help people click faster, to the point where they could achieve that in less than half an hour. To conclude, if we're to make challenges like Kinaster/Koroku easier, why don't we also take a look at legend hunts and the absurd amount of money they take to do on average? They're both challenges that not exactly every user can hope to do. People who don't have the money to spare on PFQ or simply don't want to, will unlikely ever have the resources to do a legend hunt and expect to get a melan. In the same vein, plenty of people don't want to expend the kind of effort it takes for a melan Kinaster or Koroku on average. I personally think that having both kinds of challenges is healthy for a site like this, I'd be sad to see these sort of challenges go away or be lessened on the reboot.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Blank, I mean this politely but... did you read the previous posts? I'll start off my reply to your post by pointing out a small thing, just to get it out of the way. You were able to do a whopping 1 million clicks in a day. That immediately makes your opinion/point of view on this skewered, in my opinion. You were able to breed and hatch over 3,000 Koroku in the span of a month, as per your post, so I imagine you wouldn't have the same difficulty with a hunt such as Kinaster as a few of the others posting in this thread. The question SilverDarkness asked, about monetary challenges and such, were replied to by a few users, myself included, so I'm a tad confused on your wording, as from reading them it felt as though you didn't know it was answered? Since it was answered, if it's alright with you, I'm not gonna address that again. Your post mentions your Koroku chain, and mentions health detriments. I agree with you, the responsibility is on the user, not the site, but the site has warning pop-ups for a reason. However, as I know others can attest to, these are often ignored on a hunt such as Kinaster because of the sheer amount of effort forced to be exerted to hunt. Koroku is indeed easier than Kinaster, due to Kinaster being two separate fakemon species being bred, in the hopes of a variant from a fakemon pair, and Koroku is a legend and canon pokemon, only seeking a variant. It's more difficult than some other variant breeding, due to the legend aspect, but less difficult than breeding fakemon for a variant. However you still were able to breed over 3,000 in the span of a month, which is impressive, but that tells me you likely wouldn't see a hunt such as Kinaster as challenging as most other users. I take breaks while clicking, quite often. I click in increments and rest my wrists in the days between my mass clicking as well, and even still my wrists sometimes ache after even just 100k clicks. Next I'll be addressing your saying that "it's really misleading that the example consistently being used is that it takes 30k clicks for a Kinaster." Nobody actually said this was the average. I and others referred to it, yes, but as an example of how BAD the ratio of clicks to eggs can get. Not purely how many clicks it takes to get an egg if you're lucky. I said in a previous post of mine that it takes 3-5k clicks for an egg, if you're lucky, which is the post linked here. Found in point D, which was a reply to SilverDarkness, making me confused if you read the post or not. I say that not rudely or intended as such, I'd like to clarify. Honestly, as I recently resumed my chain and a couple of friends can agree with, as I complained to them, I was having extremely crappy luck getting Kinaster eggs, having done 165k clicks and only breeding 36 eggs. I'd go over 30k clicks, I think even 40k actually, without eggs, but sometimes get multiple eggs under 10k. Aside from that, I'd like to argue that 30k clicks is a decent amount, and enough to put someone's in a position of pain if done fast and in multiple intervals. I don't even do 30k clicks as part of my increments, I do under that, and still I'll have trouble continuing due to it not being easy to continue. I do have keybinds, I can click fast in my opinion, and even still. I was wondering, what you are referring to when you said this? "There's plenty of clicking guides out there that help people click faster, to the point where they could achieve that in less than half an hour." You're referring to 30k clicks in less than half an hour, do you mind linking the guide you learned that information from? I can do a lot of clicks, but between taking rest, raising my pairs happiness, and switching fields, I can assure you I've not been close to 30k clicks in under half an hour, not even close. I still don't see the point in comparing someone's willingness to spend money on PFQ, to someone's willingness to exert copious amounts of effort on PFQ, so I'll still be ignoring those aspects of your post, sorry. I'll just point out that, again, I've had numerous Kinaster chains that ended up getting broken before the chain sticks came out, because I didn't like having to do so much clicking without reaping nearly as many benefits as it would've given on any other hunt. I think it's fair to say I've expended more than enough effort to get a Melan Kinaster but RNG isn't respectful of effort, it's RNG.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

For now, I'm going to decline this suggestion. However, the Reboot will be fixing many balance issues (and generally shifting away from excessive grinding mechanics like this one) so hopefully that will address your problems.
Will this suggestion be reconsidered or will it stay rejected?
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
Quinterra's AvatarQuinterra
Niet said to PM a mod to get it unrejected
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Kinaster's breeding rate has been greatly increased. Thank you for your patience. If you're currently breeding Kinaster, you will need to take one parent out of the Daycare and put it back in so that the system recalculates the breeding table.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page