PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Increase the chance for a Kinaster egg

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 91011

POLL: Support?

Total votes: 173

You must be logged in to vote.

LavenderHues's AvatarLavenderHues
Suggestion Title: Increase the chance for a Kinaster egg. Suggestion Summary: As someone who has tried to seriously hunt Kinaster at least four times now, I have experienced just how extremely difficult it is to get a Kinaster egg. For example, I made 131,766 interactions in a row today and got 107 eggs from my 99% pair. Only 6 of those eggs were Kinaster. I made 186k~ interactions yesterday and got similar results. Hunting Kinaster has taken both a physical and emotional toll on me, but I still want to keep trying. What I’m proposing is that the chance for a Kinaster egg be improved just a bit. I’m not saying they should be evenly matched with Lunupine and Solynx, but the way the chance is currently shows a very steep deficit. This screenshot shows how steep of a difference. (Again, that’s after 131k+ interactions. I didn’t take any eggs or even view my daycare at all during that. The eight eggs it says I took took were from reset to about midnight my time and not a part of that session. They came in bursts of 3 or 1 at a time) I think it would be reasonable for that 6 to be a 12, basically double the chance, and still be a difficult hunt. If not double, even a quarter boost from whatever the chance is now would be so much better. Positive points: - It would take less clicks to get a Kinaster egg, but still be difficult to hunt. - Massclicking to high levels would be more worth it instead of disappointing. - Seriously hunting Kinaster would be less stressful, less painful, more rewarding, and likely take less time to reach a higher chain. (It took me from August to December to reach a 1000 chain last year, for example) - Pairs that are 90%+ would feel more worth the while. (I’m working with a 99% pair and I think they should be breeding so much better than this) Negative points: - Kinaster may be easier to get, which might defeat the purpose. (Can’t think of how, but someone else might think so) - There’s the Red Gigaremo which could potentially help make more eggs. (My experience with it has been deplorable, but I can’t speak for others) - Exclusives, especially tournament Pokemon, are difficult to breed because they’re supposed to be rare. Other exclusives gotten through breeding regular Pokemon are just as difficult to get, so why should only Kinaster get the boost? (In my opinion, because it’s bred from two different exclusives and can’t be gotten by any other means, unlike Koroku, varients, or other exclusives (and legends for that matter), it deserves a boost) Reason For Consideration: Getting a Kinaster egg, let alone hunting them, is extremely difficult and actually physically painful if you massclick to high levels. Boosting the chance for a Kinaster egg by 25% or 50% would make it easier to get an egg, but still make hunting them difficult. I’m not suggesting we do away with the difficulty completely, only lessen it so Kinaster can be reasonably hunted and chaining won’t drive people to exhaustion.
Forum icon drawn by me!
× 628 / 713
Sea Crown hoard progress until I can restart my hunt!
Poké-Hatcher's AvatarPoké-Hatcher
I support. Staff have said that they want to turn focus away from mass-clicking and there have been many attempts to reduce mass-clicking efforts. Why is this being flagrantly ignored here where hurting your wrist while mass-clicking is a very genuine concern?
My babies: Avatar - art by myself / You can call me PH or Hatcher c:

QUOTE originally posted by Poké-Hatcher

Why is this being flagrantly ignored here where hurting your wrist while mass-clicking is a very genuine concern?
Just highlighting this because it’s so true. My fingers hurt more, though, because I use my iPad primarily for PFQ/Massclicking and repeatedly tapping this screen can really really hurt after a while.
Zen's AvatarZen
Note before reading the below, I'm neutral to this currently. While I can agree breeding for Kinaster is a big pain in the neck, why just Kinaster? It's not the only egg to be gotten through unexpected means, it's just the only exclusive to be gotten that way, which makes it harder to get. Kinaster also isn't the only exclusive people have hunted/tried to hunt by breeding. Heck, there's probably someone doing that right now. And they have to click just as much, if not more, to do those hunts. So why should only Kinaster be the only who gets a better chance at being bred but the rest stay at a terrible breeding rate?
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

Note before reading the below, I'm neutral to this currently. While I can agree breeding for Kinaster is a big pain in the neck, why just Kinaster? It's not the only egg to be gotten through unexpected means, it's just the only exclusive to be gotten that way, which makes it harder to get. Kinaster also isn't the only exclusive people have hunted/tried to hunt by breeding. Heck, there's probably someone doing that right now. And they have to click just as much, if not more, to do those hunts. So why should only Kinaster be the only who gets a better chance at being bred but the rest stay at a terrible breeding rate?
Don’t get me wrong, I actually wish all the “unexpected means” Pokemon could get this boost, but I wanted to try going smaller with Kinaster first. I’m just saying that Kinaster differs from the rest because it takes two different exclusives and some specific items to even get the chance to obtain. You can’t get it from the supplier, like you can with the other varients, and you can’t purchase it with tournament tokens, like with Solynx and Lunupine. There are other ways to get more of those Pokemon, but only one difficult way to get Kinaster. Basically, if this leads to a boost for the rest of the “unexpected Pokemon”, awesome, but I really wanted to focus on Kinaster!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'm just gonna slide Koroku in here. I think it's okay to have a "rarest thing" or "hardest thing to get." Not everyone is expected to get everything. If they were, there would be no trade market.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I'm just gonna slide Koroku in here. I think it's okay to have a "rarest thing" or "hardest thing to get." Not everyone is expected to get everything. If they were, there would be no trade market.
I can agree with you on that, but if it’s so difficult that some people go to great lengths that can cause them pain/potentially harm them, then maybe it’s also okay to lessen the difficulty a little? I also want to point out that even though the trade market point is valid, you still have to get egg dexes on your own if you want Arceus. So, it’s kind of expected to get everything if you’re striving for that! - And also, once you do get Koroku, you can get more from the supplier! You can’t do that with Kinaster.
Zen's AvatarZen
If people are going to great lengths that they're hurting themselves... then maybe they should be listening to that pop up and stop. If you're clicking to the point you're hurting yourself, then you're just gonna hurt yourself anyways even if the chance is lower because if they're hunting them they're clicking a LOT! Instead of clicking until you hurt yourself, take a break.

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

If people are going to great lengths that they're hurting themselves... then maybe they should be listening to that pop up and stop. If you're clicking to the point you're hurting yourself, then you're just gonna hurt yourself anyways even if the chance is lower because if they're hunting them they're clicking a LOT! Instead of clicking until you hurt yourself, take a break.
I know this is true, and it’s why I’m taking a break today instead of clicking, but clicking like crazy is the only way to get eggs and keep the chain going. If the effort put out greatly exceeds the reward, I think there’s an imbalance that needs correcting or at least looking into.
NeonFlame's AvatarNeonFlame
Or they could sell Kinaster eggs in the tournament shop for a reasonable amount of tokens.
Gif by KitKatKutie2

Pages: 123··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page