PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Recode WIP

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 181920

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Following on from this announcement Well, we've told you guys that there would be a recode and perhaps a redesign. I may have gone a little crazy with the redesigning part, but we think it looks awesome and it's time to find out what you guys think! Let's start you off with a simple "Before and After" Before... and After! EDIT: Update EDIT: More update here EDIT May 3rd: Update! Yeah, quite a change! Basically, I've cut back a lot on the over-the-top gradients, rounded corners, shadows everywhere... they were cool, but made the site very... "90s". Also it lagged slower computers, which is why "box mode" became a feature. So the new design is much more flat, which kinda fits with the general trend of design lately. You'll notice it's also full-width, allowing the things like bonus counters to actually be readable comfortably. The announcement box is also collapsible on the redesign, so you can click on Holly to show/hide it. This is useful since most of the time it doesn't change, and you only really care about new stuff - that's what the brown dot is on Holly, it pulses! But I couldn't show that in the screenshot. So what if you don't have a screen as magnificently big as mine? Weeeell... Before... and After! Words are useless here. Of course, being a work in progress, it is open to feedback and can - and probably will - change before the final design is done. Please let us know what you think!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Rolyo's AvatarRolyo
I certainly love the background, but the buttons are kind of weird looking. What happened to the banner? Narrow view looks pretty neat. It'll take awhile for me to memorize what those letters stand for. xD

CREDITS.

avatar: art is mine signature: michael benz - free use other credits: wip post

LINKS.

wips: xxxx outdated: heu

MOOD.

what's up, I like coding
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Banner is trimmed because we don't have one that size yet. Buttons will have icons, probably, instead of letters.
Jasper22's AvatarJasper22
I personally love the new look. I like the fact that everything is visible, even in narrow view.
JustBryan's AvatarJustBryan
It looks really awesome :D Good that you can see what the nature of the pokemon is. As you hatch eggs there are natures people like more then others and thanks to this it's easier to see what nature you hatch and decide on what to do with the hatched pokemon. Also, the box mode looks pretty tidy =3 Looking forward to it :D
For the night is dark and full of terrors.
Kirbypink's AvatarKirbypink
"A little crazy" Everything looks a lot more adorable. I'm a fan of the new design, and I like the background of the party page. Well done!
Kira the Cat's AvatarKira the Cat
Wow! It looks awesome so far Niet ^-^
Art Credits:
Avatar created with the Catlike Icon Maker website. It is free to use.
Wanna Battle?
Pokemon under level 30 will be refused. Train up and come at me :3
helix.OS's Avatarhelix.OS
Everything seems very flat and stretched out. Maybe a little little texture to some things? I also assume this recode will make custom site skins obsolete until updated? Other than that, I am looking forward to the recode.
~* Mercury/Helix - they/them *~ casual pokémon enjoyer avatar is official pokémon sprite edited by me
Pvff's AvatarPvff
I'm definitely a fan of the new design, it's much more neater and seems like it will work well. In my opinion how you did the party it looks all techy and pretty dang awesome! I can't wait to see when this goes through.
Ruyika's AvatarRuyika
Looks nice :D I love how, in the second Before.... image, one of niet's bookmarks are HAX xD
Collecting Kusanagi!

Pages: 123··· 181920

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page