PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

The Chat is Changing

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 293031

Hello~ Short version of this - The Site Chat will be closed down for the weekend while we work on what we need for moving it to a Discord function. While the chat was... "acceptable", for want of another word - it really reminded us of those "shout boxes" that you find on websites but it had a 'dedicated page' instead of... Well, being on the entire website. Unfortunately, this does come with the fact that Discord's ToS (Terms of service) requires that the user be 13+, so this does mean that is a new limitation that we'll, unfortunately, be dealing with. For those this affects, we're sorry :( Longer version / explanation - The Site Chat is closing down due to updates that are going to be made behind the scenes to make it so that when you click the "join chat"-button (by concept, not literally :p) it will take you to the relevant Discord, give you the relevant role and such. This is going to involve building a bot that can handle doing these things. This is going to involve reading a lot of documentation, building stuff from scratch and ultimately learning how to do something new and relatively complex... Uh. Over the weekend. Niet's crazy. What can I say? There are other bots out there that we could use but the problem with that is, when something goes wrong or something breaks... If it's someone else's code, how do you fix what's gone wrong when you have no error log you understand, no understanding of the code from the on-set and generally very little documentation to assist with those issues. With the Discord ToS thing... There's not all that much we can do about that, really. Uhm... For the sake of clarity, I should also probably mention that the reason why we're taking this in to consideration so specifically is because this a company-affiliated chat - whereas... For example, the clan(s) that myself, Suriya and Shazi run (Clan triad) are user-affiliated. While we have to follow the rules either way, there's less of a burden on us as users to do anything about people signing up to Discord with false DoBs to get around Discord's ToS. But when we're, as a company, potentially introducing people who are too young to Discord, of whom may falsify information so they can gain access... Then the burden falls on our laps rather more as we were the introducers on a much more grand scale. I mean - this is the public site chat which has it's link visible on every page XD The clan... Well. Stays on it's own little page. Quite a big difference in terms of visibility! In closing... We hope that the coming changes are what people have been looking for. We've taken the feedback that we've heard and think that this might cover what it is that we've heard. And if not? We can always go back to the site chat. It's not deleted or anything :) EDIT:: Oh, by the way! This means we can have sections for trading / sparring / showing off Pokémon - which is not the same as click-begging! We're still very iffy on the concept of click-begging via. the chat so that's a no-go at this time, but we can certainly look in to giving it some potential consideration depending on how this goes. Still probably going to be a no, though, not gonna lie ^^; EDIT 2:: The Chat page is now live.
Esme's AvatarEsme
Well this is interesting. Honestly the old chat was kinda... I guess "outdated" It's just more convenient to use a separate program with different channels for different stuff :V It will kinda stink that users under 13 won't be able to join (I mean, if PFQ was a USA-based site you'd be required to only allow 13-and-above users due to COPPA), but hey, some sacrifices have to be made
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
DevilPink's AvatarDevilPink
will there be a temporary server in the meantime we can use?
D.MC's AvatarD.MC
its a good thing in a way but yet not to some. hopefuly there wont be so much rule breaking like there usually is. EDIT: the only problem i have is that right now i can only play on my computer/tablet that im assigned to that my school gave me,so im not sure if discord will be blocked for me. i hope that i can get my own device soon. *im not good with words, sorry. ivealso never used discord so i dont know how it works and all*

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
Maybe find a way to make sure the person is the age they say. Or, do seperate sections, imo. That way, none of you can be blamed if something happens.
Actually Esme, if we were USA-based - for anyone under 13 we'd have to get parental permission. I'm not completely clear on it but I know you're not completely disallowed, you just need to get an "official" "okay 👍" from a parent - which means getting proper documentation signed. And that's why most people don't do it xD Makes sense, really. No, there will not be a temporary server. What do you mean the site being playable? The only thing shutting down is the chat. Nowhere was the entire site mentioned xD
Ladybug's AvatarLadybug
All the users under 13 might not be happpy with this.. But you guys don't get any say in Discord rules. I hope this doesnt escalate into a big fight. But in other terms, it seems like a cool update for the chat!
My babies <3
Pride icon from Niwatori
Vaporias's AvatarVaporias
Hmm, is this why Niet or you were saying no more 'fan' discords? Cause you guys were doing an official thing? Guess it'd make sense. But I DO have a question. What does this mean for the livestream chat? Will that soley be discord/twitch/youtube chat systems too?
DevilPink's AvatarDevilPink
I dont like the idea of having to go offsite just to talk to meet other members off of the site theres also the chance people may not use their PF username as their discord name so you would need the bot to pick that up somehow or people will be breaking rules just because they can
Unfortunately so. If we're going to use someone else's stuff then we have to abide by their rules. Just the same as how when people join our site, we ask that they abide by our rules. We can't go breaking someone else's rules and then go saying "ok follow ours". It'd be hypocritical. x: No, Aquamarine96. The reason for shutting the other Discords down was given in the announcement where we shut them down. That reason has not changed. Well, you don't DevilPink. The forums still exist, no? Besides that, it's your choice / perogative. Also, to cover your concerns - no. That will not be a possibility. ;)

Pages: 123··· 293031

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page