PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Nostalgia Goggles" item

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

More than happy to provide such an answer - I don't mind discussing, talking about, etc - only thing I mind is people being rude. Which none of you were. For clarity, I know I did say that "This suggestion alone only pushes that feel further, truth be told." but I don't mean it in the sense of it being due to who made it, or anything like that. I've heard of this suggestion before and each and every time it's made me feel the same way.
Maybe those people should be providing examples and giving feedback instead of complaining on DA. It's always been "based on community feedback, these may or may not be changing". But hey, you know what? If they are giving feedback and we're just not doing what they like? ...Cool. You're trying to fix the problem you have - and that's all I would ask of anyone who's willing to complain. Of course, if they're not trying to fix the problem and are just complaining then they're just a cog in their own machine. If someone is willing to complain but not willing to be a part of the solution, then I have to ask - at what level do they actually care? I believe if someone truly has an issue, they'll work towards resolving the issue... Not just complain about it. Of course... That's just my opinion.
Esme's AvatarEsme
I agree fully, don't complain, actually give legitimate advice... and don't get mad if someone don't agree with said advice. Actual criticism helps artists, believe it or not c:
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
Foffle's AvatarFoffle

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

I mean... Let me apply that sort of logic to something else. Nobody asked for 'Albinos' (which are more "leucistic" but oh well) or 'Melanistics'... We just made them. See what I mean? Doesn't make sense to the include it in the conversation, does it?
I think the big difference there is that Albinos and Melanistics were introduced as a new, optional feature. You didn't have to hunt them if you didn't want to but you could. However sprite changes effect something that is already in place. Those who have already put the work in, already got their reward are seeing that reward change and that can sting a little. Especially when it stops them wanting it anymore. What was the point of working so hard and putting in so many clicks? Why should they risk it again? I know a friend of mine quit a hunt they were on because the melan completely changed and they no longer wanted it. But imagine how they would of felt if they'd done all the work and then it changed. It's not like in a Nintendo game, since Nintendo never goes in and changes the shiny sprite. They might change it between games, but they don't actually go in and update the game to have it be a different colour. If we don't like a shiny, we know we don't like it. We can avoid it. But we can't avoid collecting A/Ms we like and then having them change on us, unless we hold off all hunts until you guys confirm that you are done and that you won't change things again. Which I doubt will happen because a site is always updating and changing, but it does give a sense of unease to everyone. The big problem I'm seeing overall is this site does allow people to exchange money for items that improve the chance for albinos/melans. Sure, it's no guarantee, but you can bet if someone gets a melan while using and uber charm/hyper mode/shiny charm/hard earned arceus rank that they pumped real money into, they'll associate the melan with that. To have it changed to something they hate would be like if you paid for a skin in an MMO and they suddenly changed it to a new colour/pattern. That would not go down well. After all, this is all cosmetic stuff, so arguably it doesn't need to be fixed in the same way an unbalanced character would be. Of course though, if you guys aren't happy with the sprites, then it does need fixing, but you can certainly see where the anger comes from. When the site was new, it was all your vision and the vision you guys have is still very important. But you do rely on having a userbase to fund you and keep you going. You are always free to do what you want and no one can stop you from doing that. It is your site. It always will be. But any product that makes changes and doesn't listen to its current userbase is putting itself at risk. In the end, I'm sure you guys will come out fine. You've honestly made a wonderful site here with a lot of appeal. But you are running the risk of losing paying customers, which is why it can be worthwhile to alter your vision a bit to include the userbase. It's all up to you guys though. I honestly just hope things will clear up because I honestly love this site and I would hate to see things go wrong. Do whatever you guys want in the end. Just keep making a fun game to collect Pokemon in! And please, let me know if any of this comes off as aggressive/bashing. I promise, that is not what I meant, but I’m not always perfect with words. I do love what you guys have built, it is inspiring.
Edit: can't believe I tried to do a serious post with that stunfisk icon why
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
I know this is rejected, but I'll still swoop in with a CSS fix.

CODE

.party>div[data-pid*="INSERT ID"]>.pkmn>.pokemon, #field_party>div>div.slot[data-id*="INSERT ID"]>div, #field_field>div.field>.fieldmon[data-id*="INSERT ID"] { background-image:url("INSERT URL")!important; background-position: center 75%; background-repeat: no-repeat; height: 100px; width: 100px; } .party>div[data-pid*="INSERT ID"]>.pkmn>.pokemon::before, #field_party>div>div.slot[data-id*="INSERT ID"]>div::before, #field_field>div.field>.fieldmon[data-id*="INSERT ID"]>img { opacity:0; }
The ID is at the end of the url; for example, the underlined bit in the following: https://pokefarm.com/summary/LFH7V And of course, the image URL would just be whatever you want the new image to be. This results in this: It works in the fields, the party/userpage, and the summary page for sure.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
you could have any discovered melan you want then o.O
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
Mega Furret Q is by far my favorite Exclusive Mega Evolution on PFQ. Its change was beyond necessary. It went from a half-baked Linoone edit to a proper Exclusive Pokémon, and I remember people complaining about that one a lot in particular.

To those who find the sprite updates boring, I dare you to find somebody who genuinely prefers any of the following over their updated sprites (or in the case of the last two, will be upset once they update), just to list a few.

That's what I thought. :P

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
Silverpelt21's AvatarSilverpelt21

QUOTE originally posted by Duckbug

I dare you to find somebody who genuinely prefers any of the following over their updated sprites (or in the case of the last two, will be upset once they update), just to list a few. That's what I thought. :P
Umm *raises hand tentatively* I actually like melan Meganium (although the red and pink splotches on the flower irk me a little and I wouldn't mind the red being changed) so there's at least one person for that lol What I will say for this thread is that...like Foffle said, going through all of the effort to finally obtain the albino or melan of your choice that you really love...just to have it swept away from you brings a feeling of discouragement. I personally loved how the albino Jangmo-o line looked before it was switched but that's just my opinion and I won't shove that down anyone's throat. I've put money into this site, more than I'm willing to admit to people who think that it's a waste. If it's your money, spend it on what you want and if you want to help out a group of people who don't already have a multi-billion dollar organization then that's your choice (also kudos to you for helping the little people). The last thing I'll say is that some of the changes have disheartened me from doing any albino or melan hunts now in case they're changed to something I would regret putting in effort for later. And even though I didn't like the first design of mega Mew, I didn't say anything on here about my opinion on it, especially since I saw that so many people were strongly hating on it and it made Novie upset...which made me want to hug our resident adorable Pikachu and tell her that it's okay. I knew that my words would just bring more pain and I know that every sprite is worked really hard on. The redesign of mega Mew is much cuter and I like it a lot more but ultimately, this isn't my site and I'm not going to butt in to complain. Props to all of the moderators who put a lot of hard work into this site! I also didn't know about the changes you can do with CSS so I may look into that at some point. (Dear Arceus, I wrote a short essay on this...sorry everyone!)
Collecting!
× 500 / 500
-Art provided by the Pokefarm Q Advent Calendar Event 2017

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page