PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Add Warning to PokéRadar Tab

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

Zen's AvatarZen
What I'm suggesting is to add to the PokéRadar tab, to say that without Radar+/HM your chain will break if you hatch a shiny. If you look at the tab, it says; "The PokéRadar is the basic tool used for Shiny Hunting. It can be bought for 750,000. By itself, it provides a modest boost to your Shiny chances. To really make use of it you will need Hypermode, which allows you to hatch the same species of Egg repeatedly to accumulate a chain and sky-rocket your chances. As an alternative to Hypermode, you can buy the PokéRadar+ upgrade for 250,000. It allows chaining the PokéRadar, but it is limited to a 35-chain instead of a 40-chain. Given the exponential nature of the chain's power, Hypermode does provide significantly higher chances." It doesn't really say that without HM/Radar+ your chain breaks, and it would seem some users are very much unaware of it, until it happens. Below that, maybe add "Note: Hatching a shiny without HM/Radar+ will break your chain." This way, users will know to buy Radar+ if they can't afford HM or to keep their HM going. Or rather then adding a warning, link the the wiki pages.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
KishanHaru's AvatarKishanHaru
You can’t chain without a PR+ or HM... So...? Unless you‘re meaning something else that I totally missed... which is very possible as I’m extremely tired. lol
SCA ♪ 🌸 Wiki Help 🌸 SpecialsPM MeMy Shoppe~ Current Hunt: Mudkip
B> Lunar Wings for 45 ZC ea.
Zen's AvatarZen
Actually you can chain without HM/Radar+. Otherwise, I don't think anyone would have a chain at all if they didn't have hm/+, and someone did have a chain started. Either way, it doesn't really say. And people aren't realizing it.
KishanHaru's AvatarKishanHaru
I mean, how it’s worded on the PR page ”to really make use of it you will need Hypermode, which allows you to hatch the same species of Egg repeatedly to accumulate a chain” makes it sound like you can’t chain without HM. or “It allows chaining the PokeRadar. It is limited to a 35-chain instead of 40-chain.” Also makes it sound like you can’t chain without it... So I mean... in my opinion if you chain with HM and then keep hatching eggs without it of course your chain will break since you can’t chain without one or the other. Maybe that’s just me and I’ve been reading it wrong, but yeah :x lol
but... you can't chain without the pr+ and/or hypermode? if you just have the pokeradar, then you have a maximum chain of 1 (one) if your hypermode runs out and you don't have a pr+, then your chain breaks the next egg you hatch, regardless of if it's regular or shiny
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
You can't effectively chain without one or the other. The Radar on it's own can only 'chain' to a maximum of 1 which a chain of 1-3 technically isn't considered a chain and can be broken without warning. Both Radar descriptions pretty clearly state that you either need HM or the PR+ upgrade in order to actually chain with the Radar so it should already be clear enough that your chain will break if you hatch an egg in general.
Zen's AvatarZen
If it "clearly states" then how are some users not realizing they'll need Radar+ if they don't have hm? Their have been a few users asking about it, so it doesn't clearly state it.
not to mention there's not really a warning when your hypermode runs out i don't bother to look at the tab everyday...
Zen's AvatarZen
Honestly a warning anywhere would work, but I thought the tab itself mostly since it's the first place a user, usually, goes when they buy the radar. As well as were someone goes to check on their chain.
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

If it "clearly states" then how are some users not realizing they'll need Radar+ if they don't have hm? Their have been a few users asking about it, so it doesn't clearly state it.
Simple, because they don't bother reading and just jump in blind. I find it's pretty clear just from the wording that you need either HM or the PR+ but the Wiki also states this and there's the "Guide on Shiny Hunting" which also explains this. Maybe those should just be linked instead.

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

not to mention there's not really a warning when your hypermode runs out i don't bother to look at the tab everyday...
When you activate your HM, you're given the exact date and time it'll end. We have the ability to set custom notifications so you could easily set one or multiple if needed to remind you closer to that end date.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page