PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Type Race - Tips + Tricks

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

BinOfTrash's AvatarBinOfTrash
Probably one of my favorite additions on the site, Type Race! Type Race can be hard, especially for beginners, so I've brought you some handy dandy tips and tricks!

What to Hatch

This guide will help you find what to hatch! This thing is amazing and will help you find what you want to hatch! Credit to Bulbachu

Connect with your Team

In this forum, you can find all type race clans! Benefits: - Find free breeding pairs - Support your team (to win) - Make new friends - Participate in fun games/raffles occasionally - Share ideas and such - Get higher shelter passes for getting more eggs at the shelter. Your team might gift you one to borrow!

Click your Team

Clicking your team is important to win and have fun :) Teams usally make a click list so you can easily click your team with ease~ Click your team at least once a day, or log out of your account and click them as well. This will fill there Holon Canaster as well, so bonus~
Tips + Tricks (1) Click, click, click! Then release lots of eggs to help you and your team~ (2) Hatch according to the V~Wave, it will makes things easier if you have lotsa breeding pairs (3) Always try for 'rus ! (4) Hatch based off your highest gemwish badges as well~
Parafox's AvatarParafox
This guide is a very good idea, but it feels a bit incomplete and in one part also slightly inacurate to me. I hope you don't mind me adding a few thoughts. ;) (The Type Race is my favorite addition to PFQ as well!) I'd like to adress the slightly incorrect part first: You can only give one single Delta Point per day per IP adress. For this reason clicking your team while logged off won't fill everybodys Holon Capacitors. Just the Holon Capacitor of the first person on the list and even this only if you haven't given that one single Delta Point to your own account already. ;) V~Wave VS Wishforge Badges Other than that, I'd like to point out that "hatch according to the V~Wave" and "hatch based on your badges" contradicts each other quite a bit. Most of the times you can't do both. For teams with only a few dual-types (Fire, Fighting and Dragon most of all) it can get difficult to match the V~Wave at all. Personally I'd recommend sticking to your highest badge, especially if it is at least Titanium or higher. A Titanium Badge gives an estimated boost of 40%, for Mythril it's at 60%. So if you can make a Mythril badge work for your type, you'll be better off than trying to get the 50% V~Wave boost each day. And if you can't make the V~Wave work for you each day, you'll be better off to just stick to those nice 40% of a Titanium badge for the whole Tournament. ;) And of course: if you can't use the V~Wave in your favour and don't have any badges as high as Titanium - just go with your highest badge! Any boost you can get is better than no boost at all. ^^ some more Team Benefits The biggest benefit from connecting with the team is that your team will click you. A lot! It's so much faster to hatch those eggs when you have the help of your team! Another possible benefit especially for beginners: your team will most likely lend out high-level Shelter Passes, so you can hatch more eggs per day. (I have even seen people gift out medium and high level Shelter Passes to beginners during the Race.) Prepare Yourself You get to know your new team on the first of each month, if you visit here. This gives you a good chance to get prepared in time: Get a good breeding pair. Start to connect with your team, if you like. And get on that clicklist! ;) Get some RTE's ready for the next Wishforge upgrade of your type or even get the next Wishforge upgrade done before the race begins. For the RTE's remember that many teams have access to very easy evolutions. Take a look at this post if you need help on that matter. some other tipps You'll benefit quite a lot, if you manage to level up your Egg Timer early in the PFQ day. ;) My team has also collected some very useful tips this month. Some of those have already mentioned by you, of course:

QUOTE originally posted by GeorgieKun13

Useful Tips

- Hatch eggs matching the v-wave - Keep your breeding pair 100% happy for them to have a better breeding rate. - Before heading to bed for the night, fill your party with high EHP eggs (the egg timer will hatch them for you while you sleep) - If your hatching mainly one type of Pokémon, try keeping 1-3 hatched ones in your party for a "family boost" to your eggs (see Section 2 of Bulbachus Egg Hatching guide) - Even if you can't actively click yourself, try to keep some eggs in your party at all times. Let your team (and the egg timer) do the hatching for you. ;) Try to replace those eggs as often as possible. - Hunt Pokérus whenever possible. Even if you don't end up getting the 'rus yourself, you'll produce a good amount of eggs from the clicking. - Release your DayCare eggs every now and then. Let's keep the Shelter flooded with eggs of your type at all times! - Add the click list to your navigation bar
That last one is the one I found to be the most useful one: You can make yourself a handy quick-access Bookmark of your Team Clicklist in your NavBar! To do so copy the Team Clicklist from your team thread, go here, choose the Navigation Tab and click on "Custom Edit". Pick any existing link you don't need, replace it with the clicklist and rename it accordingly. Et voilá! Quick and easy access on every device you are using for PFQ. ;) Just remember that you'll have to update that link manually whenever there are any additions or changes to the link in your team thread. ^^ Points per Egg Last but not least, I'd like to mention the current scoring system for the Race:

QUOTE originally posted by Annica

With the new type race update, I thought that others would be confused by the pointing system. Also the personal goal has been raised to 200 points. So to help others, I made a table to help understand it better. Free to use but credit is appreciated. Need to hatch means how many eggs you need to hatch to reach your personal goal.
Egg Cycles EHP Points Need to Hatch
5 1280 1 200
10 2560 2 100
15 3840 3 67
20 5120 4 50
25 6400 5 40
30 7680 6 34
35 8960 7 29
40 10240 8 25
80 20480 16 13
120 30720 24 9
Considering this, a user who can't hatch many eggs might be better off hatching higher EHP eggs, if possible. And that's about all I can think of. ^^° Edit: Bishop came up with some extremely helpful CSS that highlights eggs of a specific type in the Shelter. You can find the code and all additional information in his journal.
My username used to be Fuchsfee. Just call me Fox.
All images used for avatar and signature are recolors by me. Typerace icon made by myself. Only official game sprites used.
This is awesome, thank you so much! why did I make this so late lol I'll add this in later, thank you so much for these helpful points.
Parafox's AvatarParafox
You are welcome! ^^ And thank you for starting this guide. That has given me a proper reason to finally write all of this down. ;) I've meant to do this for quite some time now...

QUOTE originally posted by Fuchsfee

You are welcome! ^^ And thank you for starting this guide. That has given me a proper reason to finally write all of this down. ;) I've meant to do this for quite some time now...
lol same! I'll add this once I get back from school~
I'd also recommend having at least 6 Egg Passes at any given time for the end of the Type Race if you're chaining a Pokemon that's not of your team's type. This should present a buffer in case you fail in trying to get last-minute TR points when you're chaining a specific Pokemon

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
buckembarnes's Avatarbuckembarnes
I wouldn't worry too much about the egg passes too much! If you fail to hatch them in time, just release the eggs!
avatar by ddyyuu / Signature credits / Banners credits
Ray16's AvatarRay16
if you can summon a legend of your teams type you can use it a day early and wait till the race starts to get some quick points on day one
Part of the October 2018 winning team Picture made by FinalAbsolution avatar image from the Pokefarm Q 2021 advent calendar

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page