PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

12 Days of Christmas!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 8910

XVictorX's AvatarXVictorX
Thanks Niet + staff for making this event !
My PFQ profile pic was made by Athena Cykes for my use only ^^
Arcøs Magna's AvatarArcøs Magna
Ikr, pretty certain that just as the interactions event will grow harder and harder each day, the Looker event will too. Took me like 45 seconds to find looker XD
My avitar is exported from my GaiaOnline account.
ecclesi-uh's Avatarecclesi-uh
So Looker will be randomly located every day? Is it different for every user like the Halloween event or are they preset locations each day?
meowrly's Avatarmeowrly

QUOTE originally posted by ecclesi-uh

So Looker will be randomly located every day? Is it different for every user like the Halloween event or are they preset locations each day?
Answering this for poor Niet. In the OP it has the link to the page. The picture changes each day, and Looker- A ditto- is on it, hidden, somewhere. You have to find where he is. Do people even read these days?
El Barto 227's AvatarEl Barto 227
That Ninetales... it's beautiful... I just can;t stop staring at it (Ninetales is my favourite Pokemon) and yeah, it's pre-set, a part of the picture. Today's was cleverly hidden.
My RP, Down To Earth. Help Legendary Pokémon regain their powers, and stop the evil teams Flare and Galactic along the way! Avatar made by Unity100
DeathOmen's AvatarDeathOmen
Aw man, I missed Looker the first day because I didn't realize I had to click on him on the picture. I'm such a doof. Well, I guess if nothing else I'll try to get the daily interactions done.
Avatar made for me by sulfurbunny on DeviantArt.
Looker's AvatarLooker
*rubs hands together* Alright, so. Staff was kinda hoping that the event would be relatively self-explanatory and that people would be able to put things together on their own, but there's visibly still a lot of confusion over something that was intended to be simple. I'm going to make this in two parts: Part A: Interaction targets. - You go to the event page and click on the link that says "Start now" - You read the amount of required interactions. - You interact with as many Pokémon and eggs as the target tells you - You return to the event page - You claim your prize for the day - You come back when the next day starts and a new target is set. Each day is a stand alone and nothing happens if you miss a day other than you not being able to claim the prize of that specific day. If you're here every day aside from day 3, for example, you'll get all prizes aside from day 3 as long as you go back to the event page to claim them. Part B: Looker Hunt - You go to the event page - You look at the event art. - You look REALLY REALLY HARD at the event art. - You look for something with a face made of two dots and a mouth - You click on it. - You found Looker the Ditto. It's not a pop-up, it's not a fade-in, it's not something that'll highlight if you hover your cursor over it. It's literally just a face hidden on the picture itself. It's like asking you to find the Absol on the PFQ banner and to click on the Absol. If you suspect the Ditto might be hiding behind the box where the characters are talking, you can click on the top part of the box to "minimize" it. Finding Looker does not give you daily prizes, and you only get a prize for finding Looker if you do so on all 12 days. If you miss a day, you can buy Looker Keys for ZC. Since the first day is over, allow me to use the previous art as example: This is a Ditto face. To those who found it, congratulations. To those who didn't, I'm sorry we couldn't add flashing neon lights. I hope this 100% explains things for everyone because I can't think of any way to spell it out any more clearly for something we thought would be easy to understand :c
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It's over... the event is over... Not! The event is extended by a day due to lag. Ah... the lag... I know this might be difficult for some of you to understand, but the lag is really important. Every time the site lags, I get just a little bit more information on what's causing it to lag. I can then fix that, and gradually make the site more resilient. Unfortunately, I failed to predict just how eager you would be for this event! At this point, it seems that the site has become too efficient in some places, and this allows the database to become overloaded. Before, something else would crash before the database got overloaded. Right now I'm reasonably certain that the problem is caused by the hardware just not being powerful enough, as a lot of processing time was wasted waiting for the disk to be ready to read or write data. I'm not sure how I'll be fixing this, but it's certainly valuable information to attack the problem with. Anyway, on to more concrete things. Congratulations to everyone who managed to pull through and get their prizes. I hope you enjoy them. As for everyone else, whether you tried your hardest to get everything or just picked and chose which days to take part in, I hope you at least enjoyed the rewards you could get along the way. The two prizes, Jynxite Q and a Ditto Egg, are valuable indeed, but will be obtainable soon enough: - Jynxite, like other Exclusive Mega Stones, will become available in Boxes a month from now. - Ditto will be obtainable in not one but two ways in upcoming features: Feature 1: The Egg Supplier, a feature from the original PokéFarm, will be returning to PFQ. In most cases the Egg Supplier requires you to already have the EggDex entry to order. However, Ditto is a special case. If you don't have the EggDex, you can still buy it, but the price will be doubled. All prices are in Credits though, so if you want Ditto this way then focus on saving up Credits! It'll be expensive, on the order of a few million Credits, but obtainable! Feature 2: A brand new feature to PFQ, we will be introducing rewards for reaching certain Ranks (Junior, Senior etc.) Every rank will have a prize, and one of the higher ranks will have a Ditto Egg as its prize. Prizes will be rewarded retroactively, meaning that if you already reached a rank before the feature is added, you'll get all the prizes at once. If you want this Ditto Egg, focus on completing your EggDex and PokéDex as much as possible to claim the Rank Prizes swiftly! I'm sorry for the frustration caused by the lag, but in the process the site has been made a LOT more efficient. Just not efficient enough, yet. There will be other events coming in the not-too-distant future, that don't rely quite so much on clicking ;) Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the New Year's features. Perhaps you could work on your Gemwish Badge collection, or hunt for Albinos? Whatever you do, I hope you'll enjoy doing it, and thank you for playing PokéFarm!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
For anyone interested, here are some graphs showing statistics of the event:

Pages: 123··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page