PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Contest Hall now open!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 8910

QUOTE originally posted by LoneShadøw

QUOTE originally posted by Jellywolf

I was waiting it out to see if this was going to be the same case this contest too. I'm more concerned about the fact that these Persian entries hardly use accessories that match the theme.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, I'll admit I'm out of practice with contests but after some research the first two matched accessories to the themes very well. True this last one was off (what I could see of it anyway) but they had the right idea behind it at least. Anyway I'm enjoying contests so far, I'm not really a serious coordinator but it's fun making designs with all those accessories and seeing what others come up with.
The winning entry this time was super cool though, with the persian statue cloud thing.
Read it here Avatar made by me using RiseofDarkFire's Star Trek Dress Up Game on Deviant Art. Banner made by me using images from BBC's Merlin
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Kinda wish those Persian owners would come forward so we can see their Pokemon's Contest stat distribution. I feel like I've done something wrong with mine. =/ I can only guess that Popularity Ranking weighs heavier on the final score than Appeal and Theme, I wasn't huge on the first Contest winner but the 2nd and 3rd were pretty neat.
Monika's AvatarMonika
this first place entry.. that is some super awesome smartness you have there
Sure I agree it’s a bit weird all three winners ended up being Persians (actually I didn’t even notice that before it got mentioned ^^’) When it comes to the theme of the contests... ehh I really don’t look after that when voting and maybe many others doesn’t- I don’t know? I vote on those I think were clever ideas or being overal pretty, then what kind of items they are using is whatever. For example the last winner, I wouldn’t have even been able to come up with such a idea, that’s super neat! If it had been popping up for me when I voted... I would have voted on it, definitely ^^

This post contains one or more BBCode Errors and cannot be displayed properly.

Error: Item "Wishing Stone" not found on line 6

If this is your post, please edit it to correct these errors. For now, the post will be shown raw, with no BBCode processing.

[center][size=7]Avatar is made by BananaLizard. Shop banner made by Sunshine Lady. >>>> [url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/171400/Keira-s-Little-Hideout-U-C/post/3800133]My Journal[/url] <<<<[/size] [url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/63336/Keira-s-Little-Corner-open][img]https://pokefarm.com/upload/Keira_Lorelei/Art/IMG_1485.JPG[/img][/url] [progress="[inventory=Wishing Stone]/1000"][inventory=Wishing Stone]/1000 [item=Wishing Stone][/progress] [style].expbar { display: inline-block; width: 40%; margin: 0 1em; background: white; border: 1px solid purple; &>div { background: #F7B3DA; border-right: 1px solid purple; } &>span { font-size: 10px; font-weight: 400; color: purple; } }[/style] [progress="[inventory=Water gem]/3200"][inventory=Water gem]/3200 [item=Water gem][/progress] [style].expbar { display: inline-block; width: 40%; margin: 0 1em; background: white; border: 1px solid purple; &>div { background: #F7B3DA; border-right: 1px solid purple; } &>span { font-size: 10px; font-weight: 400; color: purple; } }[/style] [/center]
loopytheone's Avatarloopytheone
I admit I'm a bit bemused by how theme is supposed to impact the results. The winner this time (lovely design though it is) used primarily items (puffy smpke, feathers etc) that are rated as 'low' when it comes to matching the theme. So does matching the theme just not matter? It seems like popularity has way too big of an impact on overall score if you can come first using mainly items that are the opposite of the theme. =/ Seems unbalanced.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I did a little digging and the reason this happened is because the winner this week got so many more votes. Second most popular "only" received about 80% as many votes but it scored just as poorly on Theme. Second place, despite matching the theme perfectly, only got 67% of the amount of votes, which wasn't enough to catch up. In the end, first place scored 84.2% overall, while second place got 82.6% Yes, the popularity round is scored more highly than the others, but first place this time really outshone the competition.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
loopytheone's Avatarloopytheone
Oh, makes sense. Thank you for explaining, Niet! =)
Neonray3's AvatarNeonray3
Please tell me no one is making a feeling that it is rigged that 3 Persians (same species) won the contest in a row? I was thinking that, but I don't think it is the case. Maybe Persian's mega makes better use for the themes. Idk, even I was confused on it. But its just a fun extra content to get free prizes. Love this event.
Looking for Adament/Lustorbs,GS Balls Current Hunt:? My Summon and Box Box Shop

Pages: 123··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page