PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding Excuses

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Ok, something seriously needs going over because we are getting a little tired of hearing a certain excuse for breaking the rules. "I saw other people doing it" Let me make it clear, right now, that this is NOT a valid excuse. Just because someone else does something does not mean it's okay to do the same. Just because the moderators haven't noticed it for any length of time, does not mean it's okay to go leave something rule-breaking there, or to go copy someone else who's breaking said rules. As an extreme example, it's not okay to steal something just because you saw someone else do the same thing - and obviously, you don't get away with stealing just because the police weren't there to arrest you in the first 24 hours. Seriously, if we tell you something is against the rules, it is not acceptable to say "But I saw other people do it!" as an excuse. The fact of the matter is that those people are just as wrong as you were - and quite frankly I'm wanting to know why these very people aren't using the report function, and are instead trying to create some form of false validity to their actions because "person x and y were doing it". If you see someone doing something wrong, they are not your guide to the rules. The rules are your guide to rules - and failing anything there, a simple PM to any Staff member (excluding artists) can easily lead to you getting anything you're unsure about cleaned up.
The more that people use the report function to actually report rule-breaking content (instead of trying to utilise it as an enabler so that they can do the same), the better of a place that PFQ will be. Do not sit in silence, then turn around and complain at our (already overstretched) moderating team when we fail to see something (we are not omniscient, nor omnipresent, no matter how much we wish we were because this job would be so much easier! :P ). At the end of the day, we love this community - and we trust the community to self-regulate... If we didn't then there'd be no report function whatsoever... So that's kinda your proof right there. We do our best with what we have, and at the moment, it isn't enough. That should be remedied in the near-future, with any luck, however. All we ask is that people take an active hand and help us to help all of you, the community.
Hitch-Hiker's AvatarHitch-Hiker
Amen to that *claps* Although, seriously guys, no breaky the rules :P
Shiro-san's AvatarShiro-san
I'm going to start keeping an eye out now! Although it's kind of sad to see that people just sit there and do nothing about someone breaking the rules...
All art and coding by me.Deviant Art-Toyhou.se
Saving credits for a Type:Null hunt.Swapping gp for credits 1:1k, buying ultra beasts 150gp each, null vouchers ,1,000gp! Just send a trade or pm!
× 104612811 / 200,000,000
Lila's AvatarLila
Well said Garthic, it's saddining how you lovely staff work those fluffy butts off and still have to deal with what we could have reported to make it easier. That fact that it's so simple, just a push of a button and a few descriptive sentences, makes me wonder if we are too lazy, and just rely on our staff to clean up after our mess. That being said, you staff are wonderful and to have you working on things like this instead of new and exciting things for us, well what needs to be done, needs to be done. Maybe it should be our turn to do something wonderful for you, like report these people and stop making silly excuses that wil only land us in deeper waters.
Sesshømaru's AvatarSesshømaru
yay. wondering when something like this would pop up. yay for this. *gives thumbs up then hugs GIANT fluffy blanket* loves fluffiness of objects and animals :3
Møm's AvatarMøm
I agree 100% When we do nothing about someone breaking the rules we are in essance OK ing them to do it
Created by Bryianna88
I didn't even know this was such a big problem... Of course if you use that excuse, you know other people were breaking the rules... *sigh* Thinking back, actually, I had someone PM me begging me - well, downright telling me actually - to click their party back when I hadn't had much more than a few minutes of slight inactivity in another tab. (And who checked the users online page for who clicked you every few seconds? -This was before the clickback link (Alt+R) and back when the Interactions page only refreshed itself every five minutes.) I told them not to beg for clicks, as it's against the rules, and that I would get to it when I would be able to. They sent back a response of something along the lines of "Oh, it is? Well, other people are doing it too..." This person was fairly new (possibly Newbie or Beginner), and even though you're supposed to have read the rules, I gave them a bit of a break. I basically told them to read over the rules and not ask people for clicks. If people are using this excuse more and more often than I thought, it means they either haven't even read the rules or don't bother to follow them. If other people are doing it and you use that as an excuse, you know that both you and those other people are in the wrong.... /rant over
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Ticklicous's AvatarTicklicous
Oh gosh.... Never knew it was getting this out of hand... o.o It's hard to think that people can be so immature. But it happens sadly. I will definitely make sure to report any break of rules that I happen to notice should it come down to that. I want a good community, and that won't happen unless people act to make it one.
Raistudios05's AvatarRaistudios05
Gosh, the world is just full of stupid people now... And coincidentally, 3/4ths of them come to PFQ. We'd like to thank you for working so hard to make this community a great place, so we'll (hopefully) return the favor. Oh, and say hi and thanks to Sally for me. .u.
Avatar was made by me. Who else would give Commander Rai a pencil? The Art Corner of le amazing Ellie~ Be sure to click and request! The amazing Ellie's 100 Color Palette Challenge! Be sure to suggest a palette! The Journal of the Thunder Rat
Unknownie's AvatarUnknownie
Can you name some recent incidents or recurring situations? Then maybe I can watch for those situations and report them...
Forever obsession with Will Herondale~ Always Sherlocked and Rose Tyler, the best companion a doctor could have.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page