PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in How To Set Up A Trade Shop|| Tips & Tricks[Under Construction]

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > How To Set Up A Trade Shop|| Tips & Tricks[Under Construction] >

BBCode: The Thing Nobody Told Me About and You Should Probably Know

• Huh?
  • How?
  • And...
If "Huh?" is your current thought right now, you have a lot to learn. Before we start, this is mostly for newbies, so if you are already familiar with BBCode, you can probably skip this. So, BBCode. If you are from U.S.A., or IDK, somewhere else in the world where they don't use BBCode that often...you're probably thinking that unless you've been on the game for quite some time. There is an entire BBCode guide in the wiki, and even more in the forums. BUT some people don't like the forums. SOME PEOPLE don't want to click the words bolded in the top left corner of the screen. SOME PEOPLE are just utterly clueless. So I actually PM'd this nice person and he told me about the guide and BBCode and all that stuff. I quickly learned a couple of facts: 1. BBCode, is in fact, a coding language. 2. BBCode seems pretty easy to use. 3. BBCode is awesome! Okay the last one is kind-of a joke, but its true. While you can write without any BBCode of sorts - just text - you probably will, in some cases or another. See, if you want tabs, like these, you will need to use BBCode. If you want an accordion hidebox, you will need those. There are two pretty reliable places where you can learn about BBCode - and I recommend reading it from there because there are special codes that only apply to Pokefarm. The first guide is always the wiki - the article here gives an example of each code and the actual code. Extremely useful. The other one Meu's A Somewhat Extensive Guide to BBCode. It can be found here. It's extremely detailed and a great guide. Easy to understand too. I'm not going to into the specifics, but BBCode is useful when making a shop - you should embrace BBCode. It is now your life!
Ah, if you are asking this question(How?), then you're on the right track. Better than "Huh?". So, the three main BBCodes I've seen people use(and I personally use) are called Accordion Hideboxes/Hideboxes, just Tables and Tabs. Tabs look like this:
  • Tabby
  • Tab
  • Tab!
This is tabby. She's lonely.
Here comes tab...
And tab! with the explanation mark.
...and currently what I'm using. This is an accordion hidebox:

Hidey

WHEEEEEEE

Hide!

PSYCHO ALERTTTTTTTTT
These are hideboxes:

HIDEY

WHERE'D MY SANITY GOOOOOO

HOLE

IT'S WHEREEVER MY SOUL ISSSSSSSSSS
This is a table:
Header 1 Header 2 Header 3
cell 1 cell 2 cell 3
cell 4 cell 5 cell 6
These are mostly for organization and a must-need in any shop. So now that you know about the existence of BBCode(whee!), your fingers will be saved! Yippe!
To tell the truth, you won't be using this section of the guide until you are actually building your trade shop. But since we're on the topic of BBCode, why not? This is mostly explains some more useful code that people use in trade shops - and it isn't hard to use, at all! 1. Pokemon Platforms These are always a good idea. The color of a platform is unique to the site skin. You don't need to know a lot about site skins. You just need to know the default platform is green. Like...this one: (BTW: The Pokemon is not mine but another player's. I just borrowed it.) Anyway, if the Pokemon's owner changes, the platform will change too. It's a great way to let other players see what's sold and what's not. 2. The [inventory=...]code This auto-updates! For example, if you have five Everstones, then the number on your screen would five. If you have six, that's six! Extremely useful! 3. Tooltips This is a tooltip.
This is a tooltip
It hides text inside text! How cool is that? This makes your shop's information more organized...in general. I think that's all for now. Since this is not a BBCode guide, you will need to go to the wiki to know what I'm talking about if you don't.
Star | She/Her | Psychopath
BORED TO DEATH!!
Collecting
x 500 x 500
Sells a variety of things!
Credits
Full credits here. PFP => Salty_Lightning on Pinterest Button => Kaelwolfur
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page