PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Type Race Announcements

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Type Race Announcements >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by LycanKai

I never hosted before because I just graduated college. I was looking forward to hosting, but now I won't bother because I'm not a well-known user and therefore can't compete with the popular kids. So yes, the change does affect me.
Fair enough. "Never try, never fail." It is entirely your choice to live by those words.

Can we stop pretending like it has anything to do with them "running a successful team"? Votes are either going to be based on "that's my friend" or "I've seen this person before but not this other person." No one's going to be doing research on hosts, asking around, and digging into their old TR threads -- especially since they'll be auto deleted. It's a game, not a political election.
Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm putting too much trust in the community. But we'll never know that unless we actually try things. I choose to trust the community; you disagree.

Considering only "a few occasions" did a bad host exist, this is mostly irrelevant.
Utterly destroying the morale of an entire team just because someone happened to post five seconds before a more suitable leader carries a lot of weight. Just like a few bad apples spoiling the bunch, all it takes is one really bad incident to warrant change.
My point is, after literal years of examining data and people, I have decided that this is worth trying. If it doesn't work, then you'll have successfully beaten the motivation from me once again. But if it does work, then we will have a better Type Race experience, and that is a gamble I am willing to take.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page