PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD #10 [All righty then!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD #10 [All righty then!] >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by kitty00829

Along the same lines, I did also notice that Niet didn't actually specify that they (pronouns) would be visible on profiles
Actuallly...

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

These will be shown on your profile, and used in the game's story cutscenes when referring to your character.
People need to be able to call you something. I understand that some people may be in circumstances where their "public" pronoun doesn't match their "preferred" pronoun (eg. trans people who aren't "out" yet). In that case I would suggest using your "public" pronouns. Even for the story, this would make sense because various NPCs are more likely to refer to you by "public" pronoun. They might be friendly towards you, but they aren't necessarily your "implicitly trusted friends". So they, too, should use your "public" pronoun if it differs from your "actual" pronoun. I hope that makes sense. I'm honestly still trying to comprehend the whole pronoun thing. I happen to be cisgendered, but even if I weren't, I personally see it as "it's just a word, who cares?" Between that and my mental condition (see other posts where I've opened up about that) it's very difficult for me to empathise with people who are more sensitive to such things. I'm trying here! :D
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page