PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD #10 [All righty then!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD #10 [All righty then!] >

PyraKitten's AvatarPyraKitten

QUOTE originally posted by Cerberus38

Eeehh... not wild about the pronouns being required. I'm most likely in a very teeny tiny minority, but I am uncomfortable sharing that with the world. Like, it's no one's business but my own, I feel like I should be able to dictate when and if I decide to reveal that to others. If it's *just* for storyline purposes, I'd be okay with that, but will there be a way to not have it display on my profile for everyone and their brother to see?
I suppose the issue with that, is that pronouns aren't made to be used by the person they're assigned to. They're used for talking about a person, rather than used by the person themselves. I like the fact that Niet isn't asking to specify a gender, and is instead simply asking what prounouns to use in the story from a grammatical point of view. My gender is certainly my own business - but my own pronouns aren't used by me. (Example, I wouldn't say 'She went down the stairs' - I would say 'I went down the stairs'. However, if my friend wanted to say that about me, they'd say 'She went down the stairs'). Along the same lines, I did also notice that Niet didn't actually specify that they (pronouns) would be visible on profiles - and I would assume that he wasn't planning to have them publicly visible. After all, PFQ requests your birth date, but the only time it's used (from what I remember) is when the game gives you a hunt boost and special birthday Pokemon. I believe the same is true of age on PFQ - so I see no reason why pronouns wouldn't follow the same rules. Still, that's only my logic, not that of the moderators, so I apologise if I'm being too presumptuous.
☼ Aka Pyra Kitten ☼ ❤ Artist ❤ Gamer ❤ Nerd ❤
Sprite by kitty00829.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page