PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Implementing A 'Block' Feature >

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I like 2.0 a bit better, but I still heavily dislike users not being able to post in other user's created threads. While I don't see it as a problem for most of the forum (things like user shops, contests, etc), important user-created threads such as Suggestions and Type Race threads, I believe, should be able to be posted on by anyone. I believe everyone should be able to post in Suggestion threads because suggestions, if implemented, affect everyone, and so everyone should be able to voice their opinion on them. I would be EXTREMELY frustrated if there are flaws in a suggestion that would hurt my or others' playing experience and I wasn't allowed to discuss them. (I could also see this feature being used to target the more no support-heavy users, and while I know it could be reported as a misuse of a feature, I feel like it'd be extremely hard to prove without being the user yourself and communicating with other users that have been blocked) I believe everyone should be able to post in Type Race threads since they're important, monthly-based events with much more "official" backing than any other user-run event threads, see: having their own dedicated forum section. Especially since PFQ is a bit dry in the Event(tm) category recently, I don't feel it's fair to prevent users from bonding with other users just because the person who happened to make the Type Race team thread found them disagreeable in some way. (There are also a few cases such as the Sprite Discovery Discussion thread, threads created by normal users but frequented heavily by staff in order to give feedback to site features, that I believe should be exempt from the no-posting rule as well, but I understand that's starting to get into the less definitive "what threads ARE exempt? why? why more than X thread over here?" so I'll refrain from going into that.) I propose that in the above two forum sections, even if the creator of the thread has blocked a user, that will not prevent the user from posting in that thread. The post-hiding can still take place (with the option to view as you said), but all users should be allowed to post in those threads. If someone is so adamant about the people they've blocked not posting in their threads, they should avoid making threads in those forums. Your personal comfort is very important, but that should not get in the way of important site features for other users. As for making people aware of these exceptions, this information could be provided when making a thread in these forums. Something like "NOTE: Blocked users will be able to post in the thread that you are making." so hopefully it won't take people by surprise. (While I would rather the not-posting-in-threads feature not be there at all, this is the most compromise i'd be willing to make on the matter ;;v;;'' there's so many organic, important user-created threads that staff frequent or are kind of a feature of the site themselves with how much all users participate in them [meme thread/sprite discovery/discussion thread], and I feel like it's unfair to take that away from a user because one (1) user didn't like them for whatever reason)

obligatory disclaimer

I know that my phrasing of "being blocked because a user didnt like them for whatever reason" kind of sounds dismissal, but that is the truth, in some cases. While some users will indeed be blocked because of traumatic events, other users will be blocked because of much, much more trivial reasons. Both of these things will be true. While I understand that yes, having triggering people post in your threads can be, well, triggering, that doesn't mean we can ignore that anyone can block anyone else (except staff) for any other reason. I really hope these forum sections can be seen as important enough to exempt them from this specific feature.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page