PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Dev Log 204

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log 204 >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
So by now you've picked up that we're not "rebooting" PokéFarm, but rather we're making something more like a sequel. A brand new game, sharing the same setting but with vastly different mechanics. Players will be able to choose whether to join us on the new project, or stay here, or both! Today I want to share with you the major changes to Interactions. PFQ currently gives you the option to feed any of the five "basic" berries to any Pokémon you meet. While it does hint you towards the preferred one, it's all a bit strange. Where do those berries come from? How are they different to the ones you grow in the Garden? And should you feel bad for feeding them the wrong one by mistake? On top of that, Pokémon with no berry preference are actually quite significantly penalised because they don't get the "preferred berry bonus." The current plan to resolve this in the new game is to remove berries from the interaction process, and just have... "Pet the Pokémon", to go along with "Hold the Egg".
A small gesture of affection helps the Pokémon grow!
The details are of course subject to change - everything is - but that's the current plan. Suddenly there's no need to sort your Fields by flavour, every interaction is equal. You'll be able to sort Fields however you want, maybe by type or as a living Dex... without suffering a gameplay disadvantage. Additionally, berries from your inventory would be usable as Consumable items, which when eaten grant an amount of EXP depending on how well-liked the flavour is, and also how rare/strong the berry itself is. In this way, you can take the berries you've grown in your Garden and feed them to your Pokémon for more EXP!
Question for you: What should we call this new game? We could be boring and call it "PokéFarm 2", "PFR", or other things like that, but one thing I learned after moving from PF1 to PFQ is that there are now a lot of "broken" links out there that point to PF1 stuff still. It also would imply that PFQ is somehow being replaced. I personally feel that this new game should have a totally new name. It doesn't have to follow the "PokéSomething" pattern either. It can be anything, so long as it does a decent enough job of conveying what the game is about. I'm open to suggestions, even if they're just vague ideas. Sometimes a vague idea from one person can trigger a specific breakthrough in another! So feel free to discuss ideas and see what we can come up with. Dev Log Discussion #1
Oh yeah, and I just released four more evolutionary lines for Galar. They're in the Lab. Have fun!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page