PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Update on Weekly Tournaments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Update on Weekly Tournaments >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Guys, I messed up. I messed up bad. When the prices were being set for the Tournament Prize Shop, I didn't factor in that Tokens could be traded. The prices were set as if they were only good for individual progression. For example, having to grind 2-3 weeks for Tokens and then sacrifice your ability to unlock Fakemon Eggs just to get a Korokunite seemed like a good balance. But when you factor in the ability to trade Tokens, suddenly things get thrown way out of scale. For evidence of this scale problem, there are users who have already unlocked and successfully Shiny Hunted some of the Fakemon, before they were even available as a Tournament Top Prize. It's clear that something needs to be done. I absolutely hate nerfing things, but in this case there really is no alternative. You may have seen that the Prize Shop has been tempoarily crippled, in that you can no longer buy items from the Miscellaneous Prizes list (although you can still get Eggs and Pokémon from there). We're working on figuring out better prices for the items, bearing in mind that Tokens can be traded for. This will mean that individual progression will be very difficult for getting Über-rare Items, but you will be able to either trade to receive more Tokens and get them, or sell your Tokens on a hopefully improved market. In addition, something needs to be done about the unlocking. Again, thanks to trading, some people already have all four unlocked, and XD001 to boot. This change will be rolled out next Season, since changing it now wouldn't solve anything. Starting in Season 2, there will be conditions on unlocking Fakemon from the Prize Shop. You will only be able to unlock a Fakemon if: - You have won it as a Top Prize from a Tournament OR - You have participated in a certain number* of Tournaments offering it as a prize OR - The Season it belongs to has ended * 2 or 3, not decided yet I offer my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused by my mistake, and I hope these changes will help Tournaments become a feature that contributes towards the site's longevity. EDIT 16:00 - The Prize Shop "Miscellaneous Prizes" section has been updated with new Token prices, which have been implemented following calculations taking the ability to trade into account, as well as the original value of Über-rare items. Most notably, an item that has a less than 0.25% chance of appearing in a Box should not be available for just one (or in a few cases, two) weeks of relatively light grinding.
I also want to clarify a point about shinies, albinos and hunts, since things have been adjusted since the initial announcement. All Eggs given out as Top Prizes, to people who placed in the top 50 on the Leaderboard and claimed it from the Prize Claim, bypass the Shiny/Albino checks. This means that they will NOT break your Shiny Chain, nor will they require an Egg Pass to hatch. However, this also means that they cannot be Shiny or Albino, unless it was the one Egg that was rigged to be that way. These Eggs/Pokémon are account-locked. All Eggs purchased from the Prize Shop behave as normal. They will break chains, they can be Shiny, Albino or Melanistic just like any other Egg, and the Pokémon that hatch from them can be traded. All Fakemon are in the "Undiscovered" Egg Group. This means they cannot breed under any circumstances. I hope this clears up confusion on that part.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page